Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
      I can't remember in thirty pages, but did you mini tub this darling Wes? Thanks. Wheels look great in there.
      Yup

Spent a bunch of time working on the tunnel, I hope to finish it up over the long weekend coming up. Then I can move on to fabbing up the pedal mounts and steering column install.

Wes excellent fab work....what brand wheels are those they look killer? Can't wait to see how this thing handles

Country Flag: United States
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by 66 mustang View Post
      Wes excellent fab work....what brand wheels are those they look killer? Can't wait to see how this thing handles
      They're FR500 clones in matte black. As far as I could tell, the only place that had them when I ordered was Cruizin Concepts. Pricing for wheels and tires was cheaper than what I could get just tires for up here.

http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/

Wes

This thread is amazing, I started reading at 5:30 a.m. I am going to start a lowbuck falcon build, and might be getting a 90 lincoln mark7 as a donor. After seeing your front suspension I'm thinking of trying to use the front end(with a few modifactions). What is the track width of the front end you have know? Thanks for the inspiration.

We need some updates...I'm in withdrawl...
      ~JB
      68 Mustang Build | 3rd Time's the Charm

Used to be known as BlackFlame

Not much new to show. I hope to get some time on the car this week but work has been rediculous... i picked up a new air sander with the 3" screw on sandpaper so I'm ready to get at grinding a s#!tload of welds....

Anyway, here are some shots of the tunnel welded in.

Cheers,

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Bundy View Post
      This thread is amazing, I started reading at 5:30 a.m. I am going to start a lowbuck falcon build, and might be getting a 90 lincoln mark7 as a donor. After seeing your front suspension I'm thinking of trying to use the front end(with a few modifactions). What is the track width of the front end you have know? Thanks for the inspiration.
      Thanks.

Not too sure about my track width, I'll see if I can find it in some drawings.

Wes

Good stuff Wed -- Do you think that tunnel will interfere at all with your gas pedal? Doesn't look like it but I thought I'd ask.

On another question -- which I'm not sure if you answered or not elsewhere in your thread, how wide is that coyote motor at it's widest point? I'm trying to find that info somewhere and just can't for some reason...maybe it's me.

Thanks
      ~JB

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlame View Post
      Good stuff Wed -- Do you think that tunnel will interfere at all with your gas pedal? Doesn't look like it but I thought I'd ask.

On another question -- which I'm not sure if you answered or not elsewhere in your thread, how wide is that coyote motor at it's widest point? I'm trying to find that info somewhere and just can't for some reason...maybe it's me.

Thanks
      Hey,

If you look close in the one pic you can see that the stock floor around the gas pedal is still there. I took a pie cut out of it in one spot that moved the "upper tunnel" in about 1/2". The gas pedal fits in nicely in the stock location.

The motor is VERY wide, almost 2" wider than the 4.6 4V that I have in my shop. At the widest point it's a hair over 29". The 4.6 is only about 27" and a bit. To get a sense of how wide it is, it doesnt fit between my strut towers, is has to go crooked to get through....

Cheers,

Wes

Great fabrication work on the firewall and tunnel. Looks like you got a nice set back on the motor. Did you have to lower it to clear the hood? I really like what you did with the transmission tunnel! Keep the updates comming.

Cheers!
      68 Mustang Convertible
      408 Stroker
      5 Speed
      Coil Over Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      Hey,

If you look close in the one pic you can see that the stock floor around the gas pedal is still there. I took a pie cut out of it in one spot that moved the "upper tunnel" in about 1/2". The gas pedal fits in nicely in the stock location.

The motor is VERY wide, almost 2" wider than the 4.6 4V that I have in my shop. At the widest point it's a hair over 29". The 4.6 is only about 27" and a bit. To get a sense of how wide it is, it doesnt fit between my strut towers, is has to go crooked to get through....

Cheers,

Wes
      What is the widest point? Valve covers or Headers? What is you frame rail width in order to fit the motor with headers comfortably between them?
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Hey,

Cheers,

Wes
      Thanks Wes! The tunnel fab work looks great. Once I'm done with the back end on my car I plan on attacking that area.

Thanks for the measurements too -- 29" is definitely wide, I'll have to go over more measurements and see just how much I'm really gonna have to cut away to get this thing to fit. I hope I can take out enough material.

~JB

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraclone View Post
      Great fabrication work on the firewall and tunnel. Looks like you got a nice set back on the motor. Did you have to lower it to clear the hood? I really like what you did with the transmission tunnel! Keep the updates comming.

Cheers!
      Thanks!

Somewhere on the order of 6-8" of setback. Add to that a ~250 lb reduction in weight (iron 302+C6) and it should really improve the balance. I have the motor as low as I can go and still have the tranny bellhousing ~1/2" higher than the crossmember or about 5". I dont know yet it the stock hood will fit yet as I have to mod the fenders to fit on my aluminum core support. Its gonna be close.

Cheers,

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlame View Post
      Thanks Wes! The tunnel fab work looks great. Once I'm done with the back end on my car I plan on attacking that area.

Thanks for the measurements too -- 29" is definitely wide, I'll have to go over more measurements and see just how much I'm really gonna have to cut away to get this thing to fit. I hope I can take out enough material.

You're welcome and thanks.

Let me know if you need any specific meaasurements. I'm going to be modding the headers relatively soon so if you want any measurements of them then you've gotta be quick ;-)

Country Flag: Canada
      They're FR500 clones in matte black. As far as I could tell, the only place that had them when I ordered was Cruizin Concepts. Pricing for wheels and tires was cheaper than what I could get just tires for up here.

http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/

Wes
      If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to ship them? And did they hit you with duty?
      I've often thought of doing that, but I always thought getting them shipped up here would kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      What is the widest point? Valve covers or Headers? What is you frame rail width in order to fit the motor with headers comfortably between them?
      Not sure which is wider but you need about 2 more inches of width than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by ace_xp2 View Post
      If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost to ship them? And did they hit you with duty?
      I've often thought of doing that, but I always thought getting them shipped up here would kill me.
      Shipping and Duty etc was about $400. Still less than just the tires here.

more than a year and no one has noticed my signature says "1967 Mustang Couple"

Looks like you guys read as poorly as I do, LOL...

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com