Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast
      Such a bad-ass mustang in the works. I love checking back up on this project! Keep up the awesome work!!!!

1968 Mustang Coupe Restomod (Work In Progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      I'm just about to order seats and came across these Corbea belts. I searched around here but couldnt find any info, has anyone used these? Looks to be a good way to get a better protection prior to adding my cage and proper harness.

Harness Link

Seats: Corbeau TRS
      Wes, Looking forward to seeing how the corbeau seats fit in your Mustang. I love the look of those seats. My concern is they might fit to high. If they look good in yours than I am going to order a set for my 67.
      Morgan
      Fresno CA.
      65 Shelby 427 S/C
      67 Mustang Coupe
      Thread: Morgan's 67 Project Trans Am Coupe

I havent purchased yet but am planning 295 35 18's for this year. I'll go 315's when I go to Forgelines.

The last set of seats were nice and low so I'm assuming these will be the same.

The TRS seats were going to be a lengthy back order so I ended going with the LG1. I think it's probably a good idea considering the wear on my old seats from getting in and out. The LG1 has wear patches to protect them from this.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by hightower2011 View Post
      Such a bad-ass mustang in the works. I love checking back up on this project! Keep up the awesome work!!!!
      Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      I havent purchased yet but am planning 295 35 18's for this year. I'll go 315's when I go to Forgelines.
      Who makes a 315/35? or are you going with 30's albeit a bit shorter tire?

My Wilwood order arrived. I stopeed in at the shop I ordered from just to see if they had arrived and they had. I was on the motorcycle so it was "interesting" packing them home. The trusty VFR came through as usual and I got them home.

Calipers, slave and e-brake:

Pedals:

They're reverse swing as I have no room in the engine bay for masters....

Masters (7/8" brakes, 3/4" clutch):

So, I'm modding my existing spindles and building a plate in order to mount the front calipers. I'm using '03-04 Cobra SVT rotors, 13", they're $60 from your local Ford dealer...

Then mounting plane is perfect. I spent a bunch of time measuring prior to ordering.

With any luck I will have the calipers and pedals mounted by te end of the weekend!

Wesley J

Looking good as usual! :-). Does Wilwood have a pedal assembly that mounts to the floor instead of hanging down?

Quote Originally Posted by Crestronwizard View Post
      Looking good as usual! :-). Does Wilwood have a pedal assembly that mounts to the floor instead of hanging down?
      Yes they do, they have a bunch of options. They look to be very well made and are very reasonably priced.

I see that you found the rotors as well. I'm working on converting my spindles to take them as well as my Viper calipers. What do you have in mind for your adapter bracket?

Also.. What kind of hub is that? Mustang 2?
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Wes,

Nice progress. Couple of questions:

1. What exactly does reverse swing pedals mean? That the reservoirs are going to be on the same side of the firewall instead of in the engine compartment? If so, how the heck will you fill them?

2. Are the spindles from the FatMan kit? Are they unique to Fatman or is there some OEM application?

Thanks!
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Looks like late model mustang spindles and cobra rotors
      '66 Mustang
      '67 FireBird https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...light=firebird
      '68 Barracuda
      '69 Mustang Mach 1
      '97 Mustang Cobra
      '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      Wes,

Nice progress. Couple of questions:

1. What exactly does reverse swing pedals mean? That the reservoirs are going to be on the same side of the firewall instead of in the engine compartment? If so, how the heck will you fill them?

2. Are the spindles from the FatMan kit? Are they unique to Fatman or is there some OEM application?

Thanks!
      1. Yes, the masters will be under the dash. We'll see how space/mounting works out as I may go with remote reservoirs in the engine compartment. Damn wiper motor may be in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjkadron View Post
      I see that you found the rotors as well. I'm working on converting my spindles to take them as well as my Viper calipers. What do you have in mind for your adapter bracket?

Also.. What kind of hub is that? Mustang 2?
      The adapter bracket will be a flat piece of aluminum (1/2" to 5/8") with 4 holes in it. Very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraguy65 View Post
      Looks like late model mustang spindles and cobra rotors
      You betcha. Not that I expect to need to replace them often but its nice to go to the local Ford dealership for cheap replacements. These rotors are $65 each. I'll likely move to a Wilwood piece once I get my Forgelines in order to bring my weight down.

My Spec clutch arrived yesterday. I guess I need to order the damn motor soon so I can build my tunnel and crossmembers...

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Crestronwizard View Post
      Who makes a 315/35? or are you going with 30's albeit a bit shorter tire?
      Finger punching error. 30 is what I'm planning. I hope to test fit a friend's tire this weekend.

Finger punching error. 30 is what I'm planning. I hope to test fit a friend's tire this weekend.
      I looked @ 30's.........very short tire..............

Not a drop of fatman stuff left, I've redesigned it completely.
      Thanks for the compliments!
      Hey Wes, when you get a chance can you elaborate on what parts you are using?
      • Mike L.

Most everything has been fabricated.

1: SN95 spindles and struts.
      2: wilwood brakes
      3: Mustang 2 rack with 2" extensions
      4: 2011 Ford 5.0 4V
      5: T-56 26 spline, Spec clutch stage 3
      6: etc

Wes

Motor should be on a truck tomorrow!

I'm curious as to the power steering fixes on these motors... I have noticed that the ford version replaces the a/c (which doesn't work well for most of us I would assume) I have also notice that the supercharged pulley setups run an idler/tensioner right where the Sean Hyland Power Steering setup goes.. I tried emailing Sean with regards to this, but haven't heard back. Rumour has it KRC is working on a supercharged and n/a version of a power steering kit, and also that Billet Specialties is working on a fix. I guess time will tell...

Keep up the Good work! Looks great!

Thanks, cant wait to get the motor.

My situation: I have no need for AC as its cold as hell up her 360 days per year. Also, I know that the 500+ HP that Sean is getting on the dyno (with the BOSS intake) will overpower any tire I'm ever going to run which makes pressurizing the motor unrequired for me.

Stoked to get it mocked up!

Wes

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com