Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast
      Well, I finally finished up the mini tubs and the metal work between the trunk and back seat.

I have a really nice car here with the only floor pan surface rust being in the driver's side footwell and none of that being enought to replace sheetmetal.

Anyway, here's where I started:

Then I started removing sheetmetal

And more sheetmetal

MMMMmmMmmmMmmmm, plasma plus stock seam sealer.....

Minitubs in place as well as most of the support for the upcoming sheetmetal. Man, these flanges are all made from 18 gauge and were a lot of work on the shrinker/stretcher!

A craptastic shot of the inner fender well. A little more than 2" of clearence at the back and about 3 1/2" at the front. I planning to run a 295 this year. I have a buddy who has the 315's I'm planning for next year so he's gonna bring one over one day for a trial fit.

And the pretty stuff

Now, I need to finish around the front of the minitubs and then move onto fully welding the frame rails in. Then I can move onto the rotisserie!

Wesley J

Country Flag: United States
      su-weeeeeeeeet! Anxiously await your thoughts on the 315's. AME telling me to run 295's but I just like the sound of 315 better :-)

Awesome work as usual Wes! Looks like you have a bunch more room for tire and the inside metal separator looks great. Rear seat going back in somehow or are you planning on a delete?
      ~JB
      68 Mustang Build | 3rd Time's the Charm

Used to be known as BlackFlame

Quote Originally Posted by Crestronwizard View Post
      su-weeeeeeeeet! Anxiously await your thoughts on the 315's. AME telling me to run 295's but I just like the sound of 315 better :-)
      Thanks! Just got a BBM this morning that my buddy is heading to Texas with work for a week so I wont get to try his wheel/tire until after he gets back. I'm 99%+ sure that I'll have to move my lower link inboard to go to a big tire. So, once I get it up on the rotisserie, I'm going to build that inner link mount just so its done. With that moved I'm sure I'll have no problems fitting even as tucked as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlame View Post
      Awesome work as usual Wes! Looks like you have a bunch more room for tire and the inside metal separator looks great. Rear seat going back in somehow or are you planning on a delete?
      Rear seat will be going back in. I think I'll shell out the dough to get a completely custom rear seat in order to get something comfortable for the kids. I'm also going to add the car seat hooks down low as well as on the package tray.

This year, no seat, just some second skin.

Love the rear closeout. Looks great. Are you still planning on doing a roll bar?
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Love the rear closeout. Looks great. Are you still planning on doing a roll bar?
      Thanks. Yes to the roll bar/cage. Timing is still undecided. I'd REALLY like to have real seat belts which is pushing me to do the cage now. To be honest, i could build a 4 point in a day so I should just do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Awesome bead rolling!
      Everyone keep saying that. It took me 20 times as long to form the flanges to mount the panels and no one even mentions them... LOL, kidding, thanks. I need to get the flanging dies for the bead roller. I love the look of an inset panel rather than a bead.

I'm just about to order seats and came across these Corbea belts. I searched around here but couldnt find any info, has anyone used these? Looks to be a good way to get a better protection prior to adding my cage and proper harness.

Harness Link

Seats: Corbeau TRS

I guess I'm the guiney pig, the seats, rails and belts are ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      Thanks again! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      That was a quick decision!

Ya, once I came the realization that these would work even better than a standard 3 point then I was sold. I'll beef up my package tray (1x2 trianglated) and then mount the rear belt there. That'll give me almost optimum angles but still allow people in the back seat easily. Unlclip from the shoulder harness and the mount in the package tray and its essentially back to lap belts and full access to the back seat. The clips will double as baby seat anchors.

I'm trying to get as much stuff as I can ordered right now with our dollar being so strong. Stuff is CHEAP for me right now. 90% of the stuff I order here in town gets shipped from down there so I'm seeing big price drops. Jegs and Summit are expensive when compared to the prices I can get at our local small shops right now.

Country Flag: Canada
      Yeah. It'll be good to have it done if I can. Parts keep not showing up when they are supposed to so I'm going to be tight to my deadline. But I've already done my tubular k member, subframe connectors and front driveshaft loop. Now I'm waiting for my front control arm bushings, upgraded sway bars, competition third link and big brakes to show up. Then it's mount new tires and align the thing. Never realized that swapping the k member and upgrading to the prothane bushings would make the car so much stiffer.

looks great!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

That is some nice work! Congrats
      Fernando
      1967 PT Camaro
      Project "N-XSS"
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=70712

Country Flag: Canada
      Hey Wes you already to go for this weekend? I'm slowly getting there if my damn parts would ever show up. I got the k member install done, subframe connectors, rear tunnel brace and driveshaft loop installed and either welded or bolted into place. Now I'm waiting to either get the the rest of my suspension and brakes on if they show by Thursday or if they dont it will be just align the car and install the new tires

Would you happen to have any pictures of the inside of the wheel well during the mini-tubbing process?

Thanks,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 69fbodyproject View Post
      Hey Wes you already to go for this weekend? I'm slowly getting there if my damn parts would ever show up. I got the k member install done, subframe connectors, rear tunnel brace and driveshaft loop installed and either welded or bolted into place. Now I'm waiting to either get the the rest of my suspension and brakes on if they show by Thursday or if they dont it will be just align the car and install the new tires
      I'll be there but I'll be driving the minivan. Sounds like your car is coming along, your chassis should be able to handle all that power. See you there.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by TurboSteve View Post
      Would you happen to have any pictures of the inside of the wheel well during the mini-tubbing process?

Thanks,

Steve
      I do, I'll post them today some time.

Wes, what rear tire size did you go with? I ended up sticking to 295/35/18's. The 315's I found were 30's. Thanks

~Geoff~

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com