Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Battery in trunk

I am laying out all of my wiring for relocating my battery to the trunk of my 69 Camaro convertible. I've read through most of the threads available on the topic and used them to come up with the diagram below. Just wanted to make sure that I'm applying what I have read correctly.

I bought a Moroso 74102 battery disconnect switch (300Amp) and a Painless 30203 starter solenoid. After reviewing the layout, I realized that I really didn't need to run the starter through the switch since it would be disconnected by the starter solenoid. Any recommendations on a proper switch for this setup?

As you can see from the diagram, I am running both the main power and the alternator charge wire through the disconnect (The alternator is a powermaster 140Amp). Is it correct to have the charge wire on a separate shutoff and to add the field wire to the main power? I want to make sure I prevent any backfeed issues.

Also, is there any reason why I would need to run the starter wire through the fuse? I'm using an AAW Highway 22 kit.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks...Eric