Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

A-Body wiring harness

I am currently wiring my 67 Chevelle, the question I have is where did you guys enter the interior from the engine compartment with the engine harness. I have a painted firewall and am mounting the ECM and trans controller in the car under the dash. I would really like to see some ideas and pics if possible before drilling any holes. I am anal and like things to look neat. Oh I also am using the factory harness for the LS2. Thanks.

Anybody?

I used a Seals-It gasket one located behind the engine for the PCM and engine wiring. Then I put another in the firewall on the drivers side, which is covered by the fender for the headlight wiring and such.

http://www.sealsit.com/grommet_split.asp

Michael Barnes
      71 Chevelle - LS1/T56 swap - On the Street!!

Thank you very much. I will see what will work for me.

I used a similar seal/gasket, however I entered the engine compartment high and outside on the passenger firewall. When the fender is bolted on you can't see any wires. The "white spot" on the photo below is where the "outside firewall" location is.

Then, on the inside just above the floor vent/kick panels I added a second seal. All wires routed through both and inside the engine compartment. Allows me to route all wires to hide pretty much everything while eliminating rubbing and chaffing.

While I would of loved to route the wires under the fender I can't. I put a heater delete plate from DSE in and I am running Vintage Air so the box and lines are running under the dash. It's funny the car is a 67 and in my opinion is large put there sure isn't a lot of room after you start installing stuff.

Do you think it would be possible to do what WMHJR did except have the loom exit out the fire wall under the vintage air lines?? By exiting the passenger compartment high (as he did) and exiting the firewall lower, you could creat a "drip loop" on the loom which would channel moisture down and out through the fresh air return. Obviously you would have to see if there is enough clearance between the firewall and the inner fender well to accomodate the loom.
      Ken B.
      65 GTO
      67 Firebird vert

Run it on the drivers side. It's just wire.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com