Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 camaro hidden antenna

have a under the dash power antenna but little reception.
      anyone with experience of a good experience?

Country Flag: United States
      I tried one under the dash on my 97 GTP with no luck. I plan to change to one that mounts on the inside of the windshield instead. They work just like some of the alarm remote antennas work. I've heard a lot of people have had really good luck with these.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

I have the one that goes inside the window. It works great for me and I think I paid like 15-30 bucks for it at Pep Boys years ago.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I have seen the tape antennas work OK, but not as good as an antenna mounted on the outside of the car. The antenna for FM reception should be 31" long. Could you hide the antenna behind the grill? Back in the CB radio days they made a bracket that you had in the trunk with a hinge that you could put up the antenna when you wanted to use your CB radio. In the newer cars the radio antenna is in the back or side window glass.
      Paul R Dumdie Jr
      HERD546 W9DWP
      ISSCA 2158 AZISSO 460
      East Dundee IL

something like this on the trunk or something may work

Autoloc has 3 differant styles of radio antennas. One is the regular power antenna, one is flush mount (hidden until you turn on the radio), and one is hidden (inside the car). I haven't used any of these but I'll be looking at probably one of them when I get to that stage of my build...(if I ever get that far...)

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...odinc=antennas
      Doug Gulley

66 C10 383, AFR 190, Accel SuperRam, Hyd Roller 230*/236* 280XFI, aftermarket T56, *under construction*

this is what I did. regular mast antenna mounted horizontally behind the rear seat. guy at a car audio place told me that's what the tri-5 guys do...

hidden antenna

-Asif- Penngrove, CA (SF bay area) asifnyc.com - AMC blog
      1974 Javelin NASA American Iron road race car
      1975 AMC Matador road race project
      1973 AMC Javelin/AMX driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin driver
      1975 AMC Gremlin track rat project

We have just produced these windshields for hardtops and convertibles.Glass is 2 mils thicker then all the aftermarket out there and has antenna in the glass just like the A bodies with the lead at the bottom. Comes with the lead to go into any radio.Use your normal glass setting materials and requires only 1 hole to be drilled for antenna lead/ wire
      Call # 303 489 1872

Under dash unit I wasn't able to pick up any station. I recently bought and installed Metra Antennaworks 44-UA200 Antenna in front of my rear view mirror. Ran the ground wire to the mirror and other wires on the edge of the headliner and A pillar. My radio is crystal clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by asifnyc View Post
      this is what I did. regular mast antenna mounted horizontally behind the rear seat. guy at a car audio place told me that's what the tri-5 guys do...

hidden antenna

Did this end up working ok?
      Planning something similar in my 69
      Thx

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com