Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tdm119 View Post
      What did you do with the wheel spacers when you changed wheels? I might be interested.
      sorry sold them with the vette rims! for 200 bucks, to a 1969 camaro guy on craiglist, I have raced them for 2 years now and will say that the new spacers are damn tough, in SCCA we run much faster tracks and higher speeds(that means more lateral force in the turns) and they are pretty tough, never even had a lug nut even loosen up!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
      Hey Rod, Merry Christmas! Thanks for the update on the brakes. I went searching for your project and just read the entire thread once more. A very down to earth read for all of us do-it-yourselfers! I have a few more questions for you. What size tires and wheels are you running? How did you paint your bumper? Did you take all the chrome off first? I'm painting mine body color as well. And the D-90 stripe, did you have a stencil or just lay it out yourself? This is also going on the rendering I'm having done. More motivation! Thanks.
      the wheels are Coys 17x8 front +7mm offset, 4.75" rear spacing and the rear wheels are 17x9.5 +6mm offset and 5.50 rear spacing
      the bumper was sanded with a 60 grit flapper wheel on my grinder the smoothed out with 120 grit then 240 grit, next I primered the bumper with self etching primer the a coat of sealing primer then painted body color and 4 coats of clear with about 50 pounds of air to make sure the clear layered smooth (doing the same to the front bumper)
      for the stripe I used the 1969 camaro template and had to shortened the stripe about 2 inches to finish the the location shown

here's a picture Mary Pozzi snapped....... thanks Mary

Thnaks for the info Rod.
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Very cool thread, i'll keep an eye on this one !
      Love your Family N Life itself.
      68Camaro rs (Medusa)

+1 on the wheel change. Night and day from my perspective but I am not hacking on you for running what you had either.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post up all you did, great work to say the least! What a find, I bet that little old lady would about fall over or flip out. Hard to believe the difference but it's a real testimonial to your ability.

I just read through the thread and unless I missed a page... did you ever discuss the splitter/spoiler?
      Last edited by Roberts68; 01-07-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Splitter?

What front spoiler are you running?

Went to AAS this sunday and ran the track with my Girl friend and Mary and Deanna!!!

they are good fun to hang with

and I had to post this !!!! this guy at every corner lifted a rear tire!! ha ha ha and it would go all the way around the corner lifted just like this??

look like a dog using the bathroom

a few pounds lighter on Fathers day

as always I just cant leave my car alone, I picked up a stinger hood last year and I painted about 2 months ago, so this weekend was sunny and I changed hoods the old hood weighed in at a portly 49LBS Plus 4LBS for springs the Stinger Hood came at 19LBS plus hood pins

I like the Stinger hood on your car.
      Stephen

Love the hood ;) I'm kind of partial to it too ...

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 2859
Size:  40.9 KB
      Doug G.-406ci ~68 Camaro Coupe
      Camaro Pics AKA: RedЯum
      1.643 - 60'
      7.511 @ 91.33 -660'
      11.823 @ 113.52 -1320'

a new Spectre air Cleaner for the car it came in silver

I repainted it semi-gloss black and reapplied there decal

it also came with a plastic spacer and I replaced that with a nice milled aluminum piece with an o-ring seal

Drilled out the firewall and will repaint it after I decided if I need to increase the cold air flow any more, the filter that came with it is a washable K&N style

Spectre air Cleaner looks good on the car and pulls cold air thru the cowl panel

Rod, that looks killer man!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Country Flag: France
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      a new Spectre air Cleaner for the car it came in silver

I repainted it semi-gloss black and reapplied there decal

it also came with a plastic spacer and I replaced that with a nice milled aluminum piece with an o-ring seal

Drilled out the firewall and will repaint it after I decided if I need to increase the cold air flow any more, the filter that came with it is a washable K&N style

Spectre air Cleaner looks good on the car and pulls cold air thru the cowl panel

YOur car looks really good, I do like the aircleaner, how was it to dodge the distributor? Don't you love earing the car breathing? Got one on my Nova and since I opened the firewall I can era the car suck that air in! THink its nice.
      How are those hotchkis subframe reinforcement.
      1972 Nova " Hotwhilz Special"

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t&goto=newpost Under the knife!

I like that intake, just one comment for it. Make sure to check your filter every time you drive the car for a while. I had to change my cowl on my car which was pretty clean from the outside and I couldn't see any junk under it. Then I took the old one off and found this

That intake will suck in any debris that has been living under your cowl for the last 40 years
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

so this is where u been hiding RON!!! I love the build it was a great transformation!!! Love the hood too and the color combo!!
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Thanks for the pics Ron. I was wondering what the plenum air cleaner looked like. I was questioning that in my build when I saw a patch job that was welded up in the same location on the firewall. Hmmmm, might have to take it out now.. we'll see how you like it!
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Awesome build... I really am starting to like the stinger hoods

the old while Im there deal!

I toasted the gears in my T-10 transmission so I'm rebuilding it and while the cars down, you know how that works right

these showed up

and this showed up!

heres my jacked up Trans

Im building it today should be done tonight

ok back to the garage!!

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com