Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      don't worry, that nice red caliper will hide it well. You can always paint it black if you like.

Vince

MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      don't worry, that nice red caliper will hide it well. You can always paint it black if you like.

Vince
      I found the stainless in shiny, then blue and red, but I cant find black? if I paint it the flex will chip the paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      The LED tail lights were from Speedway Motors work great just remember to get a LED(no load) flasher to go with them or you wont have turn signals!!
      i actually bought the same the lights. after i installed them i was amazed at how bright they were in comparison to stock. i went for a drive later on and no turn signals. i was like "what the duece?". then i remember that led lights draw practically no amps and i needed the no draw flasher. panicked for nothing, lol.

car is coming along nice. where did you pick up the billet grill and how is the fitment?

Quote Originally Posted by LV42DAY View Post
      where did you pick up the billet grill and how is the fitment?
      the grill was from Classic Industries the fit was very good but I did redrill the headlight cover mounting holes if i used there holes the covers were super crooked...??? the center grill fit fine

sounds good. thats the one i been eye balling for the past two months. ive been trying like hell to get them to send me a photo of "phantom" grill but apparently they have to make it which takes forever. i dont want to spend $200 on a part, then be forced to wait for it and then potentially not even like it when it shows up. i might stick with the three piece rs grill. its priced pretty good at 120 and a hell of a lot nicer then the stock plastic.

*actually called them just after i posted this. they are sending me a photo of the phantom grill finally, only the grill not actually mounted, but its better then nothing. guess i will make my final decision once i see it.

New QA1 shocks

like they say the car is never done! so here are the new QA1 shocks

and I also picked up a stinger hood and started blocking it for paint

also reinforced the hinge area and pin area with carbon fiber

so Rob about those D-52 wilwood calipers you asked about

Quote Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
      Let us know how good they work. i ws hinking of purchasing some too. I'm not ready to throw down the big bucks yet.
      I don't want to say anything bad about the calipers, there very nice, well machined, lightweight, but after a power bleed, then a manual air bleed just to confirm, then driving them for 2 weeks to make sure there settled in, they feel exactly like the factory ones i removed, I ran them at a SCCA club run and just from the feel?? and seat of the pants racing, there the same as factory, there might be more clamping force but I can't measure that, so if you have factory, keep them unless you want the look, because the performance just driving them, in my opinion, they feel the same, it should be better they are 2 piston vs the the factory single piston

I have the same ones on the front... that kind of sucks about the performance.... (still havent driven with them yet for me to judge)

What version d-52 wilwoods did you use? the (2) 2" pistons or the (2) 1.25 pistons setup?

thanks for the feedback on the brakes btw....

-Sean

Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      I have the same ones on the front... that kind of sucks about the performance.... (still havent driven with them yet for me to judge)

What version d-52 wilwoods did you use? the (2) 2" pistons or the (2) 1.25 pistons setup?

thanks for the feedback on the brakes btw....

-Sean
      I'm running the 1.25 pistons, thats what wilwood recommended since i have 4 wheel disc setup, don't get me wrong about the performance its still good, but the factory d-52 setup i had was setup perfect with Motul RBF 660 fluid, hawk pads, (it easily out stopped my porsche) I just expected some sort of change, you know a little more bang for the buck

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      I'm running the 1.25 pistons, thats what wilwood recommended since i have 4 wheel disc setup, don't get me wrong about the performance its still good, but the factory d-52 setup i had was setup perfect with Motul RBF 660 fluid, hawk pads, (it easily out stopped my porsche) I just expected some sort of change, you know a little more bang for the buck
      I've got the 2" piston setup / rear drums (for now), so I guess i'll have to see for myself... thanks for the info, and keep up the great work!

-Sean

Power Performance Motorsports tall ball joints

I just received my new Tall ball joints last night from Power Performance Motorsports, good looking parts with a cast top and ring-retained dust boot, I will get these on tomorrow or Monday if the rain lets up, and then I will test them with daily use and at the GoodGuys AutoX in 2 weeks

here's a close up of the top casing, nicely made with a grease fitting

Rod, thanks for the info on the calipers. I too have drums on the rear. Maybe I'll see what Sean has to say.
      Nice looking shocks. I'm saving my pennies or some Varishocks. I've been saving a lot of pennies. This thing will never be done!!
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
      Rod, thanks for the info on the calipers. I too have drums on the rear. Maybe I'll see what Sean has to say.
      Nice looking shocks. I'm saving my pennies or some Varishocks. I've been saving a lot of pennies. This thing will never be done!!
      I don't think that there ever done, we just keep pluggin

Power Performance Motorsports tall ball joint 1968 Camaro install

after removing the wheels heres the old upper ball joint on the global west arms

I removed the cotter pin and loosened the castle nut to the bottom threads and the placed a jack under the lower control arm

a few knocks with a pickle fork and hammer

now a loose upper arm

after removing the ball joint here you can see the differences

a quick trial fit and the 2 front holes on the ball joint don't line up correctly with the arms holes or vice-versa, here you see the angles

so a easy ream of the holes with a drill

and a little touch up paint so the raw metal wont rust( she is a daily driver)

heres the ball joint back in and ready to go, now on to side 2

D-52 caliper update

getting ready for GoodGuys I swapped in some ceramic rebestos Pads and did a light pad bed in, and headed to the event! and after a few runs the brakes were stopping hard!! really HARD! man! they really work well now! and after a weekend of hard driving the brakes work awesome, I guess they just need to be abused really hard to come to life

Hey Rod, Merry Christmas! Thanks for the update on the brakes. I went searching for your project and just read the entire thread once more. A very down to earth read for all of us do-it-yourselfers! I have a few more questions for you. What size tires and wheels are you running? How did you paint your bumper? Did you take all the chrome off first? I'm painting mine body color as well. And the D-90 stripe, did you have a stencil or just lay it out yourself? This is also going on the rendering I'm having done. More motivation! Thanks.
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Great Job on the camaro...like the new wheel choice.

thank god you replaced those corvette wheels my 2 cents anyone who runs spacers (that big) they are just asking for the wheel to fall off they are death traps car is looking great and nice build
      john
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

What did you do with the wheel spacers when you changed wheels? I might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by tdm119 View Post
      What did you do with the wheel spacers when you changed wheels? I might be interested.
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com