Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I think you'll like the Corvette style accessory setup but I hope you don't have the same luck I've had with power steering pumps! Go ahead and buy a good one cause in my experience the reman OE ones don't last.

GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      I think you'll like the Corvette style accessory setup but I hope you don't have the same luck I've had with power steering pumps! Go ahead and buy a good one cause in my experience the reman OE ones don't last.
      I hope it works ok

its Friday night and Jane is all prepped for Goodguys this weekend, I'll keep every one up on it, I know its not as cool as optima, but were just as stickered up

Goodguys Event in Pleasanton, CA, November 2013 end of day one report

it turned out to be a great day for racing and fun we had a great turn out,

I got there early and was already far down the line

the morning started a little cold, and I ran my first lap as a warm up pretty fast and was just 5 tenths behind First place, suzy ran the car today also and she was pretty fast to

so I stepped it up on run 2 and took over first place and on run 3 I went even faster and at the end of day one I'm still holding first spot in street machine

more tomorrow!!!

Pleasanton Goodguys update

sorry for the delay in the update it was a great weekend and hell all at the same time, in the last few weeks Jane developed a bad attitude, after a year of racing and tuning she had a really bad stumble at 5500 RPM, and wouldnt rev any higher, so we swapped valve springs, and tested everything, mechanically she looked fit as a fiddle, so next was electronics, and after a call to MSD they said charging system, HEY I'm game so I updated the alternator and steering pump setup to a slick corvette setup, same problem, I thought fuel? so I upgraded the fuel system to a Holley billet pump, regulator and made it a return system and Holley Carb!, same problem, called MSD again, they said run the power straight to battery, BAM,,, same problem, so out with the old MSD 6LS box and in with a new one, same problem, I was out of time so off to the races

I finished in second place, never being able to rev the car above 5500, I shortened my lines, hurried my exits, and still couldn't win without a little more speed, after the weekend I called MSD again and finally got a tech that knew something about it all and said the we have to hook up the box to a computer, after walking me threw the connection process I could see janes heart, and a nasty 5500 safety rev limiter, that for some reason on both boxes would not be overrode by the rev limit pills that the box uses, dag nabit!!! so some quick programing and Jane is ready for the shootout in scottsdale, now to gather some funds together, put the car back together, and go kick some butt!,,, I hope LOL, keep an eye out for post and updates

I saw the car in Scottsdale today. Can't believe it was a $100 dollar car at one time!

Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
      I saw the car in Scottsdale today. Can't believe it was a $100 dollar car at one time!
      you should taken a ride, today was a fun day we were giving rides all day!!! my arms are tired!

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      you should taken a ride, today was a fun day we were giving rides all day!!! my arms are tired!
      you should try putting people IN the car instead of carrying them around the course.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Goodguys 16th Southwest Nationals, Scottsdale AZ

the weekend started great, Friday morning I ran the warmup and the car felt great, a ton of RPM and smooth on the course, with 2 runs before lunch and two runs after lunch, we qualified ton ten (in forth actually)

Saturday morning and the top ten get two runs to get in the finals! for the last four spots.....my first run is a DNF I didn't come to a complete stop after the run in the stop box....only one more chance to get in so I really push it on the cold track at 9am and I run a 70.153, good enough to get into the shot out but I have a one cone penalty making my time a 71.1XX, pretty good and after everyone else runs theres one car left Jimi Days AMX, and after a good run Jimi runs a 70.5XX clean! no cones so I was out of the last spot and Jimi was in

Jane and I were done for the day it was a good battle, and next time,I will be in the mix, here's Jane in the sunset pic from AZ!

I'll take you up on that next time.

Del Mar update

Well this was the last November Del Mar for goodguys, now the end of season will be scottdale AZ, we arrived thursday night and set up camp for Friday racing and come friday morning it looked like this

and by the time the rain had stopped at lunch time the track was flooded! heres Chad showing you how flooded, so the day of racing was called off

back to camp on Friday night and of course after the race was called it never rain the rest of the night, so we BBQ-ed told stories and had fun talking about hopes for Saturday

Saturday was dry and everyone was ready to watch some racing

it started slow but as the track got warmer I laid down a few good times to be in first place

the Aaron O. from Hotchkis put down a good few laps and when fast that stuck me forth and I had one run left

I could only squeeze a second spot out

and after it was all done we had camp autocross on Saturday night with great food and friends

cornhole

that was it for the weekend and the end of a good season... sunday were fun runs and a little tuning since it didn't count for us

forward to 2014!

well 2014 is on us, the racing season is knocking on the door and (if you haven't heard) I started work at ridetech in Indiana, I am lucky enough to have supportive friends, family and an awesome girlfriend of 14 years at my side (who also races) Right now I'm in the middle of a cyclone of activity, packing to move, working, helping friends, and getting one of my builds to a rolling state to push onto a transport truck....but I still found time to get some pre-season Autocross practice in this weekend in marina California, I was testing a new spring rate on Plain Jane and was happy with the results

out at Marina California for a UFO event (United Five-ten Owners) a very well run group of events all year long

My new racing shoes! I thought I would copy Mike Maier...it works

I tape a layout of the track to my center console, while in the staging lanes I can review areas in the track I had issues with or to contemplate an alternate line (you often have 5 to 10 minutes between runs) at local events

heres drawn map layout

Rod, congrats on the new gig with ridetech and all of your success with Plane Jane.
      Would you care to comment on how often you find yourself shifting on runs and what sort of ratios you may have in trans and rear differential?
      I have the close ratio T56mag and 3.73 is the plan. I have a 10bolt 3.73 posi that will be fine for my existing 327 so I figure that rear will give me the chance to see how the ratios work out.
      It still never hurts to hear from those actually running some hard laps... Especially in the middle of MN winter.
      Thanks!
      Robert

Rod,
      What a great build thread. A lot of great info in your thread. Thanks for a great write up.
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts68 View Post
      Rod, congrats on the new gig with ridetech and all of your success with Plane Jane.
      Would you care to comment on how often you find yourself shifting on runs and what sort of ratios you may have in trans and rear differential?
      I have the close ratio T56mag and 3.73 is the plan. I have a 10bolt 3.73 posi that will be fine for my existing 327 so I figure that rear will give me the chance to see how the ratios work out.
      It still never hurts to hear from those actually running some hard laps... Especially in the middle of MN winter.
      Thanks!
      Robert
      great question! I will start with, what will your engine RPMs be? I run my car up to 7000 rpm and often tag the limiter at events, I know Danny Popps limiter is set to 8000 rpm, My LS wont reach that so he will shift less than me, I have 3.55 rear gears and a 7000 RPM limit at the scottsdale event we ran with goodguys I shifted on the straightaway to second and back to first so 4 times total per lap there, this weekend that we just practiced at is a smaller course so not one shift, but i was on the limiter 1 time each run, so technically I could have shifted, but the shifting would have slowed me down and it was at the limit for about a 1-2 second span, it was faster just to let it bounce for that 1 second than shift

Thanks MARO Having the blank slate is tough!
      here's the front sub frame Stripped down

First I weld all the seams on the frame for reinforcement and then I sent it to Peen Rite for a shot peen to help reduce Resistance Fatigue (torsional resistance) and here's the frame after peening and some charcoal grey paint

while the frame was away relaxing(pun intended) in sunny southern california,
      We built a Wooden body trolly to roll the car around the garage and roll it outside

and Here my girl friends son Kyle is sand blasting the body outside and working on those lower quarters rusty areas(he's a quick learner)

as the day worn on and it became dark Kyle moved on to firewall clean up inside the garage, Radio going in the back ground and a portable heater

Where's kyle's eye protection?

Where's kyles eye protection?

Quote Originally Posted by FaceMe View Post
      Where's kyles eye protection?
      he's to cool for goggles guilty as charged I let him work without them

sorry for the delay in the update it was a great weekend and hell all at the same time, in the last few weeks Jane developed a bad attitude, after a year of racing and tuning she had a really bad stumble at 5500 RPM, and wouldnt rev any higher, so we swapped valve springs, and tested everything, mechanically she looked fit as a fiddle, so next was electronics, and after a call to MSD they said charging system, HEY I'm game so I updated the alternator and steering pump setup to a slick corvette setup, same problem, I thought fuel? so I upgraded the fuel system to a Holley billet pump, regulator and made it a return system and Holley Carb!, same problem, called MSD again, they said run the power straight to battery, BAM,,, same problem, so out with the old MSD 6LS box and in with a new one, same problem, I was out of time so off to the races

I finished in second place, never being able to rev the car above 5500, I shortened my lines, hurried my exits, and still couldn't win without a little more speed, after the weekend I called MSD again and finally got a tech that knew something about it all and said the we have to hook up the box to a computer, after walking me threw the connection process I could see janes heart, and a nasty 5500 safety rev limiter, that for some reason on both boxes would not be overrode by the rev limit pills that the box uses, dag nabit!!! so some quick programing and Jane is ready for the shootout in scottsdale, now to gather some funds together, put the car back together, and go kick some butt!,,, I hope LOL, keep an eye out for post and updates

hey i made it in the picture. One day maybe you will be in the passenger seat of my car!

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com