Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      on a side note the new issue (July) of Chevy High Performance I got a little coverage! from Return to the Coast! thanks to Jake Amatisto on the story

I did squeeze out a fourth place!!! awesome

heres the lower arms this morning and the parts going on to the car, install will have to wait till after the weekend (Pleasanton Goodguys) I wished I had the parts a few day earlier I could have had them on and did an alignment and tested them before the weekend! damn I'm excited

a closer look at the improved geometry arms

Awesome thread!!!!

Congrats on the magazine coverage. I have to ask though. Where did Nick Licata find a 2004 Camaro as shown in the standings.
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      Congrats on the magazine coverage. I have to ask though. Where did Nick Licata find a 2004 Camaro as shown in the standings.
      ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha, I think they meant 1994, Nicks Car "Black Betty" is a very good car

Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM Customs View Post
      Awesome thread!!!!
      thanks!

Yep there's a good bit of difference in those compared to the previous design. I'll have to start saving my pennies to get the new arms! Are the lowers changed other than the new bushing design or in other words can the old lower arms be used with the new upper arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      I hope im not giving out any ridetech secret sauce, but here are the Brand new ridetech Upper arms, I snapped a few pics before it got dark outside

just as I pulled them out of the box!

upper shaft close up

upper shaft with caster slugs in place

I will get pictures up of the lowers tomorrow!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Yep there's a good bit of difference in those compared to the previous design. I'll have to start saving my pennies to get the new arms! Are the lowers changed other than the new bushing design or in other words can the old lower arms be used with the new upper arms?
      the lowers did change, the lower ball joint was moved forward to help the arms get more caster and center the wheel in the wheelwell better with 6 degrees for caster, I don't know all the hi-tech magic mumbo, I have been running a similar setup with the lower ball joint moved forward and short (tru turn style steering arms) for a year now, and to have a complete package from a vendor with great parts is awesome, because many of the items I have on my car are made of unobtainium

Thanks for the info! I think Speedway makes slug cross shafts - I'll have to see what I can do to upgrade what I have to get a little more caster.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Goodguys Event in Pleasanton, CA

well its going to be a good weekend at the Goodguys Event in Pleasanton, CA. looks like most everyone is here tonight at Camp autoX, the course is very tight with squared corners, I will try to update more later, I will say waaayyy to much BBQ was eaten tonight, now its time for bed

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      updates on performance rod?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

I noticed the new course looked more difficult.. Im not sure, but it looked like some guys were struggling.. your car looked great as always

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      well its going to be a good weekend at the Goodguys Event in Pleasanton, CA. looks like most everyone is here tonight at Camp autoX, the course is very tight with squared corners, I will try to update more later, I will say waaayyy to much BBQ was eaten tonight, now its time for bed

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      updates on performance rod?
      changing the arms over the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      I noticed the new course looked more difficult.. Im not sure, but it looked like some guys were struggling.. your car looked great as always
      track was very difficult there was a drainage dip running across the middle of the track, so you hit it 4 times during your run and twice during the run you hit it in during a turn! the track was slurry coated so there wasn't any traction, and the two straightaways had 90degree turns at either end facing K-rails, that were 1.5 feet off the side of the track, it was a slow, tough one

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      any video?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

There is a video on ridetech's facebook page

Saturday Morning and all the cool kids are here

everyone hanging out at 8am and talking about the course

Mike under the car before we even run!!

Chad doing his Chad thing

Ed doing his Ed thing

to make it fair we decided that mike had to run counter clock wise(opposite of everyone else) and he did just that for the fun of it on his first warm up

Mike going the wrong way!

and after a great weekend! I got home on Sunday and gutted my suspension to began the install of the new front ridetech control arms, and the Tru Turn kit

I have used the arms on the left and right and now I'm going to use the ridetech arm in the middle

I spent a few hours a night after work putting it all together,

I had to change the idler arm because after only a year the old one was woobly/loose

to change the arms I had to remove the Hotchkis Handle bars (don't worry these awesome bars are going back on the car) I feel that these are one of the reasons my car works as well as it does, these bars force the suspension(anyones or any makers) to work at its max due to less chassis/subframe cantilevering

here you can see how the pivot points on the tru turn are nicely aligned with the control arms pivot points

I was bummed because I did bust 2 yes 2 of the shock collar screw when I set the ride height

I did a quicky alignment before the so cal challenge event

I loaded up the car and my girlfriend and I drove the 500+ miles to the Adams cart track event in riverside ca, were I turned in a top 5 time first time out with the car and I left a lot on the track, with some more tuning days I think the car will be really fast

Great write up Rod. Very interesting on the front suspension changes as I am still building my car with stock upper and lower CA's (only a stop gap until I can redo the front.... winter project). How are the tires holding up for you? I have a new set in the garage awaiting road time.

Very nice Thread, love the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyP View Post
      Great write up Rod. Very interesting on the front suspension changes as I am still building my car with stock upper and lower CA's (only a stop gap until I can redo the front.... winter project). How are the tires holding up for you? I have a new set in the garage awaiting road time.
      the Falkens are AWESOME tires, I am very hard on my gear, they have done well and lasted very good also

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com