Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Rod, it looks like you're kicking butt and having an awesome time in the process! Nice job and the Camaro is looking great!

Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts68 View Post
      What is the backspace you are running Rod? Is it the exact same wheel/tire combo as the rear?
      That looks great!
      yes same front and rear now

Wheel Diameter: 17 in.
      Wheel Width (in): 9.500 in.
      Backspacing (in): 5.500 in.
      Offset: +6.00mm

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Rod, it looks like you're kicking butt and having an awesome time in the process! Nice job and the Camaro is looking great!
      Thanks Herb, I'm sure you will see my name cross you're desk (again soon) as I hope to get some new TQ's built to go with the new arms that Crosby has been working on, the single adjust ridetech Shocks I have are awesome, its hard to explain to many how smooth they are and the recovery time between problems is incredible

Hi Rod, I've really enjoyed reading each page of this build and am glad it has worked out so well for you! I am 1 month from starting on my 68 and was hoping you could verify the following part#s you used for mounts and headers. Did you have any issues with clearance using the Dynatech headers? If you have a pic of the driver's side that would be great. Thanks.

Trans Dapt 4592

Dynatech 715-11410

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzouri View Post
      Hi Rod, I've really enjoyed reading each page of this build and am glad it has worked out so well for you! I am 1 month from starting on my 68 and was hoping you could verify the following part#s you used for mounts and headers. Did you have any issues with clearance using the Dynatech headers? If you have a pic of the driver's side that would be great. Thanks.

Trans Dapt 4592

Dynatech 715-11410
      do you have an automatic or manual transmission, the dynatechs fit very well but then I decided to stay with the old T-10 and the manual clutch linkage and the dynatechs did not match so I went to the short sandersons

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      do you have an automatic or manual transmission, the dynatechs fit very well but then I decided to stay with the old T-10 and the manual clutch linkage and the dynatechs did not match so I went to the short sandersons
      The plan is to run a T56.

what were you running for your rear suspension before the upgrade? do you like running same size tires on front and rear alot better than a staggered setup? im currently building a 68 camaro to do some autocrossing and hopefully earn an invite to the optima challenge like you did. I noticed there are 4 classes on the board where would i find info to see what mods are allowed for each class? hope to meet you, see your 68 and maybe get a ride around the cones real soon at an event in the next month or two! Congrats on your event win btw !

Quote Originally Posted by RBEAST View Post
      what were you running for your rear suspension before the upgrade? do you like running same size tires on front and rear alot better than a staggered setup? im currently building a 68 camaro to do some autocrossing and hopefully earn an invite to the optima challenge like you did. I noticed there are 4 classes on the board where would i find info to see what mods are allowed for each class? hope to meet you, see your 68 and maybe get a ride around the cones real soon at an event in the next month or two! Congrats on your event win btw !
      The car has always been leaf spring, I upgraded the shocks to ridetech from QA1s, the Ridetechs are smoother and recover from obstacles (bumps,curves) faster

Another Great weekend! and a smooth start to the new Goodguys race season

Like I said another Great weekend! and a smooth start to the new Goodguys race season, I had a few updates to the car for the new season, the biggest change is the front wheels width, I stepped up to a 9.5" wheel and a 275-40-17 tire, I rolled the fender wells a little. During the first run the turn-in was almost to great, the car was turning so quick it made the rear end a little loose, so I added a little toe in and that smoothed it out some, with the wider front tires the steering input from me had to be smoother so the car was less jerky....after my shake down run the adjustments worked and I ran faster,

It was a weekend battle with a freind of mine from Southern California Brett Cambell from the Fab53.com shop it wa a good day saturday and and afterwards we went to Rob MacGregor's motor home for a corn toss game and some beers

Brett was also going faster all weekend and his final run sealed it I couldnt get Jane to get there without one more run, I ran only 5 runs all weekend, 1 less than everyone else because they moved me inside the show grounds next to the Pros and they said because I was moved I lost that turn in the line-up

heres a pic of Brett on his winning run

I gave it one last run and the timing was over at 12:00 sunday and I finished in second

Time to pack it up and head to Del Mar Goodguys

Great story and congrats on the 2nd place finish in such a stacked field. But the the part of the story that really got my attention was the corn toss game. Having made my own game for the back yard, I cant help but notice the quality in Robs build here. Hell, even his corn toss game has speed holes. LOL... and that V8 logo rocks.

Name:  24422_10200729475829711_1969013979_n_zpsf49ced6e.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  142.7 KB
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Practice makes perfect!

Practice makes perfect! so I have been told and since the Del Mar Goodguys event is this weekend I needed a little more time with the suspension changes done to Jane, so I headed to Adams Motorsports Park on Tuesday to tune and shake off the cob webs, and on the way there I stopped and a 7-11 for water and ice and a new issue of Camaro Performers, and I find an article written by a friend of mine David Pozzi, about camber, so I took a picture of myself using his story at the track to adjust my camber

I found this from Jay Lenos Garage on his newest project and thought, when did Jay Leno see my car and decided to copy it?? cool!

heres Jays Render

and my car

Turn, Turn, Turn

so one of the things I always work on, is the turning ability of my car "Plain Jane" and some of the weapons out there are Ridetechs Tru-Turn and CPP's C-5 spindle for 1st gen camaros,I have had the c-5 around for awhile and now the tru-turn and here's a few pictures of the parts and measurements for everyone to look over and I will show some test and setups over the next few weeks on these

ridetech VS stock

CPP VS stock

ridetech VS CPP

CPP

Ridetech

stock

Thanks to Johnny Hunkins for the great pictures from Goodguys Delmar

and I have a few projects on the way!!!! I very excited! to show everyone

more cool stuff showed up! I cant wait!

heres a peek inside one of the boxes, even more adjustment now!!!!

upper ridetech/Fox shock adjuster

Hyperco springs! these things are sweeeeettttt!!

remote canister adjuster

stay tuned!!!!

More Ridetech with the new Tru Turn kit and NEW control arms

new Tru Turn Kit from ride tech looks awesome cant wait to get it on the car!

and I will unbox a few more parts to night!

Awesome Rod, it will be interesting to see how it effects your results.

Wow it's Christmas! I'm sure you'll make good use of those new parts!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts68 View Post
      Awesome Rod, it will be interesting to see how it effects your results.
      I know HUH! its kinda scary, I hope combining Ridetechs awesome parts with my Hotchkis parts is the winning ticket

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Wow it's Christmas! I'm sure you'll make good use of those new parts!
      ooohh yea! its going to be FUN!

Ridetechs new upper arms!

I hope im not giving out any ridetech secret sauce, but here are the Brand new ridetech Upper arms, I snapped a few pics before it got dark outside

just as I pulled them out of the box!

upper shaft close up

upper shaft with caster slugs in place

I will get pictures up of the lowers tomorrow!

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com