Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: UK
      Congrats to both of you, 3rd in Pro and 5th in SM, awesome!

68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 w/3.73's, Ridetech TruTurn and 4 link with HQ coil overs, Hotchkis Swaybars, Guldstrand mod, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, 18x9.5 & 18x12 Apex EC-7's.

Country Flag: United States

Congrats on your autocross win! WOW great coverage on complete build and updates! I'm currently building a 68 Camaro with same goals you have with yours! I'm kicking myself for not making it to the Good Guys at Del Mar this past weekend, stayed home and worked on 68 instead so it wasn't a total waste of a beautiful weekend. trying to get it on the road by christmas this year. looking forward to seeing "Plain Jane" in person at a future event. Keep up the great work! peace...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      Just as I left off in a prior post I left the hotel at 6:37am and wrote a freind of mine (Chad Reynolds)a note on his rear window

I walked the track in the morning twice and found a few lines that I would try here and there thruout the day to see what helped the times

At the track the morning crowds were looking good

afternoon on friday, the times looked fine and I didnt need to run any of the lines I found in the morning and was holding just fine

On Saturday the group started off running times for warm-ups just as fast as we finished with and then Brett Vokel threw down the hammer!
      and ran a 54.xxx time!!! some were he found a 3 second short cut? wow!

then Rob Mcgregor in Hellboy ran a crazy 56.517 lap!! jumping into 2nd, oh damn I am in for it now

thats when I new I had to put on my big boy pants and run my lines and show my hand and I threw down a 55.953 to get back into second

Then Rob ran again and Hellboy pushed a 55.522 run to take back second

I knew it was my last time to beat-up on those optima cars with my home built 68 Camaro!! and I ran a 55.732 but it wasnt enough, I needed just a few more ponies on the track, but My little car known as Plain Jane dosn't know any better so she just keeps chasing down any thing I put in front of her!!

it was a great weekend with good friends and some more made! and on a side note in street machine My Girlfriend came in 5th place chasing down John Hotchkis, finishing on the leader board at HER FIRST EVENT! she was awesome! Thanks to Brett and Rob for making the race fun and extra thanks to Rob for allowing me to help with the Wounded Warrior Project all weekend! see everyone at the track
      I felt so lucky just to be able to hang out and see you win and then to be able to DRIVE Plain Jane around that track with your great coaching was such a blast! Thank you Mister for a great vacation and the chance to see what it will take to beat you next time. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by KiCKiNaX View Post
      Congrats on your autocross win! WOW great coverage on complete build and updates! I'm currently building a 68 Camaro with same goals you have with yours! I'm kicking myself for not making it to the Good Guys at Del Mar this past weekend, stayed home and worked on 68 instead so it wasn't a total waste of a beautiful weekend. trying to get it on the road by christmas this year. looking forward to seeing "Plain Jane" in person at a future event. Keep up the great work! peace...
      Build on! just remember build with a purpose, set the goal, get tried and true parts that will help the car reach the goal and just have fun doing it all,

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      nice run guys, after that first 2nd place bump i would have snuck out back and started to pull off the bumpers, suck out 5 gallons of gas, pulled the deck lid and unused seats off of her. LOL
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      nice run guys, after that first 2nd place bump i would have snuck out back and started to pull off the bumpers, suck out 5 gallons of gas, pulled the deck lid and unused seats off of her. LOL
      ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!! I thought about it, the funny thing is we were giving rides to people for WWP so I had passengers every run and the fastest time I ran I had a 250 dude in the passanger seat (he even told me that " I weigh 260 pounds man, I might slow you down") I think I need the Tow hook to be down on the spoiler and stick out about 12 more inchs so I get to the line a foot quicker

Updating Plain Jane for the new season

I finished the season very well last year, and I see what I need to go a little faster, so my Camaro (Plain Jane) is getting a few things

I will start with some Anvil carbon Parts a header panel and cowl panel (to drop a few more pounds), and a fuel sysem upgrade to Holleys top of the line pump, filters and regulators (stronger fuel feed) , and for the transmission some Nascar no-jump sliders to keep the trans locked in gears at severe RPM's up and down

some hew Hotchkis hood pins, all light weight aluminum(pins and plates) to replace the Stainless ones on the car

and to top it off! the new adjustable Ride tech shocks on all 4 corners

Here's the ridetech shocks! well packed, good instructions

outta the box there very nice looking

I weighed the new and old and there within ounces of each other

back shocks on! quick road test at my local autocross/parking structure/roadtrack.....

more to come!!

this car is evolving nicely!

High fiber diet!

not much happen today I just added this cowl panel, after I had to repair a broken exhaust stud on our 2007 jeep

I weighed them both the original GM panels is 6.6 pounds, the Anvil carbon panel 2.3 pounds, it will weigh a tad more after paint

Something Cool from Chris Hickman Art Werks

I have to share an awesome render from Chris Hickman of my car Plain Jane (1sickT8), who I was lucky enough to meet in Scottsdale AZ, I will just say he was my lucky charm ballast and together we turned in the fastest time of the weekend for the win!! you Rock Chris.....look him up at Chris Hickman Art Werks

Pretty cool to see how far you and the car have come. From a garage find to an AutoX killer. Your are giving up some power and tire size to both cars at the last event you reported on. Says a lot for your skill and how well you know your car.
      Stephen

the upper shock mount and adjuster of the new ridetech shocks, super easy to adjust and I don't have to jack the car up and crawl under it to change setting and fits perfectly thru the Upper Hotchkis shock brace, and the adjustment range of these shocks is awesome

Added some front spoiler supports heres the first two, just trying decide the direction for the next two

Ridetech Front shock install!

I put the back ridetech shocks on Monday and and set them as the instructions said and it was stiff, Tuesday I went full soft and it was bouncy, Wednesday I went up to click 5 and it rides well doesn't corner like i wanted, Thursday I only added 3 clicks, on setting 8 and the car feels good in and out of corners, and still rides well....so today I added the front ridetech shocks to the mix!

so time to open the boxes

Look at these babies, there awesome looking so I gave you some close up shots, bearing lower T bracket, ride tech uses a swivel bushing upper mount instead of a rubber bushing that shocks have that create some bind in the suspension, and the guys over at ridetech did a excellent job of setting up my shocks to work with the Hotchkis components I'm running right now.

once you have everything apart reinstalling the new shock is fairly simple, because the body of the shock is a large diameter shock has to be installed with the spring the same time as opposed to a stock style shock that can be inserted in the bottom of the control arm

first you slip the shock into the spring

lifting both the shock in the spring he carefully slide them into place

position the shock in the spring and it's resting place and rotate the shock so T-bar lines up with the mounting holes

once in place you lift up this spring allowing you to place the bolts in the T-bar

after the bottom bolts are in place and tightened, I use a Jack to lift the arm upwards allowing me to bolt the upper part of the shock into place

that was it one side done now on to the next

rod,

Why not run the new hotchkis/Fox shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      rod,

Why not run the new hotchkis/Fox shocks?
      I had a chance to work with Ridetechs guys back in November during the DelMar event and there ridetech fox shocks have been on the market for a while I was using another adjustable shock and the ridetech mono tube was smoother with a larger adjustment range, and I wanted to stay with the adjustment feature still

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com