Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast
    Country Flag: United States

Default End of the year events

Ok Im in the middle of my end of the year last 3 race events, 1 down 2 to go, wish me and my budget home garage built car some luck!

Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

I'm not a Real Racer but I did spend a night in the Pozzi's motor-home

Good luck dude! Great build I love the car

Default GoodGuys Southwest Nationals -- Scottsdale, AZ

After a ten hour drive, we were up early to get to GoodGuys in time for a good pit spot.

We took some shortcuts through parking lots and a gravel field (yes, I drove my car through gravel) to get to the gate as they were still setting up the timing and equipment.

It was looking like beautiful weather - perfect for racing as we started taking off sweatshirts after the first run.

After about six runs on Friday the competition was heating up. By the end of the day, I just managed to squeak out a small lead.

Come Saturday I had thought about the track all night and re-walked the course with a new attitude. After two runs I was able to further drop my times by a few tenths but Jeff Schwartz of famed Schwartz Performance and his 'Temptress' were chasing me down with a vengeance.

So like all movie endings, the event came down to the last run of the day. At this point, I'd already had my turn and Jeff Schwartz was approaching the line with consistent improvements in runs prior. I had to turn my back. I heard the turns, listening for loose rubber or cone killing.... none. More turns and he's hitting the serpentine directly behind me when... I hear some skidding...then the deafening recognizable sound of a cone hit. I looked. Jeff had hit a cone and I knew the win was mine.

How do you get excited when your win means a really nice guy just lost?

How do you cheer when someone hits a cone?

I felt bad for Jeff but was so relieved to know that I had successfully pulled off my first AutoCross win - and a win at at Nationals. Time started to fly by and it was Johnnie Hunkins asking for my jacket size, GoodGuys asking about my car and time to run one last time around the course before the end of the day. GoodGuys wanted to take pictures and all I wanted to do was keep driving!

It hasn't quite set in yet but I'm sure it will when I hit DelMar and have the honor to run with the 'Pros' -- and get my ass kicked all over again. See you in Del Mar?
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Congratulations! I have seen Jeff drive. A few times at Car Craft in St Paul which is a tight course a little bit larger than a postage stamp, he is always right in the top tier. Great job!

Country Flag: UK

Congrats on your win Rodney, it was great meeting you and your wife, thanks for the driving tips and the ride along, so glad to see how similar our cars suspensions are and how well it can work with the right driving technique. Good luck in Del Mar.

68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm ported Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 5 spd w/3.73's, Hotchkis TVS, Global West Uppers, Guldstrand mod, Pro-Forged .5" taller upper ball joints, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, Herb Adams mod, Boyd Magneatos.

Congrats! Really enjoyed reading your last post. I think you're ready to write for a magazine.
    Clint - '70 Nova LY6 swap & suspension upgrades in progress

Cancer research saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
    Congrats! Really enjoyed reading your last post. I think you're ready to write for a magazine.
    If you're still thinking about coming out to DelMar stop for that ride-along that I promised.
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Would love to do that. When is it?
    Clint - '70 Nova LY6 swap & suspension upgrades in progress

Cancer research saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
    Would love to do that. When is it?
    November 23-24
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Saw the car at good guys yesterday, looked great man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac Chris View Post
    Congrats on your win Rodney, it was great meeting you and your wife, thanks for the driving tips and the ride along, so glad to see how similar our cars suspensions are and how well it can work with the right driving technique. Good luck in Del Mar.
    It's was great to also meet you, your brother and you're lovely wife Amanda, keep driving hard my friend you really knocked those times down to top ranked times, just remember the basic secret squirrel stuff I told you about the car set up and driving and most of all just have fun
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    It's was great to also meet you, your brother and you're lovely wife Amanda, keep driving hard my friend you really knocked those times down to top ranked times, just remember the basic secret squirrel stuff I told you about the car set up and driving and most of all just have fun
    Thanks, Rodney, will do, man I couldn't have more fun with the car, just need to buy a tire store!

68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm ported Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 5 spd w/3.73's, Hotchkis TVS, Global West Uppers, Guldstrand mod, Pro-Forged .5" taller upper ball joints, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, Herb Adams mod, Boyd Magneatos.

Quote Originally Posted by sscamarokid View Post
    Saw the car at good guys yesterday, looked great man!!
    Thanks next time stop by for a ride along
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Rod, man you stud... very happy for you. Great job dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
    Rod, man you stud... very happy for you. Great job dude.
    It was a tough win I had local Tom Foglesong, Hotchkis shoe Dan Weishaar, and Jeff swartz all running top times that would have won most other events
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Congrats! See you at Del mar.

Friday morning 6:37am in del mar and first thing on my list is to write on Chad Reynolds back window of the bangshift truck "wash me Chad" and off to the races! Wish me luck!
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Ha Ha, good luck man, have a great weekend, wish I could have made it there.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina

go get em Rodney!!!! way to go
    MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

http://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
    Follow us on Facebook

Default Goodguys Del Mar Nationals November 2012

Just as I left off in a prior post I left the hotel at 6:37am and wrote a freind of mine (Chad Reynolds)a note on his rear window

I walked the track in the morning twice and found a few lines that I would try here and there thruout the day to see what helped the times

At the track the morning crowds were looking good

afternoon on friday, the times looked fine and I didnt need to run any of the lines I found in the morning and was holding just fine

On Saturday the group started off running times for warm-ups just as fast as we finished with and then Brett Vokel threw down the hammer!
    and ran a 54.xxx time!!! some were he found a 3 second short cut? wow!

then Rob Mcgregor in Hellboy ran a crazy 56.517 lap!! jumping into 2nd, oh damn I am in for it now

thats when I new I had to put on my big boy pants and run my lines and show my hand and I threw down a 55.953 to get back into second

Then Rob ran again and Hellboy pushed a 55.522 run to take back second

I knew it was my last time to beat-up on those Optima cars with my home built 68 Camaro!! and I ran a 55.732 but it wasnt enough, I needed just a few more ponies on the track, but My little car known as Plain Jane dosn't know any better so she just keeps chasing down any thing I put in front of her!!

it was a great weekend with good friends and some more made! and on a side note in street machine My Girlfriend came in 5th place chasing down John Hotchkis, finishing on the leader board at HER FIRST EVENT! she was awesome! Thanks to Brett and Rob for making the race fun and extra thanks to Rob for allowing me to help with the Wounded Warrior Project all weekend! see everyone at the track
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast