Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast
      hell yea!!

Country Flag: United States
      Looking forward to your impressions on the upgrades, especially the spherical front eye bushing.
      What did you have prior to those?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts68 View Post
      Looking forward to your impressions on the upgrades, especially the spherical front eye bushing.
      What did you have prior to those?
      I was running a rubber moog front eye-loop bushing and prothane rear shackle bushing, car was very fast with that setup, just looking to get a little extra rotation out of the rearend around corners

can you guess what this is??

can you guess what this is?? new part for my car

Name:  GEDC9775.jpg
Views: 2760
Size:  278.8 KB

Country Flag: UK
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      can you guess what this is?? new part for my car

Name:  GEDC9775.jpg
Views: 2760
Size:  278.8 KB
      Front airdam/spoiler Looks very nice!

that was to easy just one guess!

test fitting the new spectre performance 1st gen camaro spoiler!

here is the test fitting of the new spectre performance 1st gen camaro spoiler! fits well, light weight, I will run it for a week or so to see how, if at all, if it interferes with anything daily driving, then I will pull it back off and paint it (maybe black or body color)

Name:  GEDC9781.jpg
Views: 5459
Size:  204.5 KB

here is the test fitting of the new spectre performance 1st gen camaro spoiler!
      how much did that little guy cost you and where did you get it? me likey. i was going to have someone build me one similiar to that one but if the price is right i will just buy that one and call it a day.

just out of curiousity. you plan on selling/keeping the spoiler by randy?

car looks great
      Live for today, tomorrow is never promised.

Project Eternity: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-convertible

nevermind. did a search and found it pretty quick. $499 at jegs.
      Live for today, tomorrow is never promised.

Project Eternity: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-convertible

Country Flag: UK
      that was to easy just one guess!

Looks awesome on the car!

Got my new dyno numbers in! should be killer for the end of the season!

Name:  346(972(5%7Ffp344)nu=3285)553) ;)WSNRCG=32337;92(2694nu0mrj.jpg
Views: 6317
Size:  23.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LV42DAY View Post
      just out of curiousity. you plan on selling/keeping the spoiler by randy?
      What he said^
      Although I suppose you won't decide until this one has earned a home after the 2 week trial you described.
      Got my new dyno numbers in! should be killer for the end of the season!
      Nice! With that kind of power comes great responsibility!

Guldstrand Mod update 1

on a side note about the mod. before I did the Guldstrand update, I was only running a tall upper ball joint on tubular control arms, I had 1° of Camber, and there was noticeable feathering on the outer edge of the tires and bump steer was still present. After the Guldstrand mod, the feathering on the outer edges of the tires is nearly gone and I'm still running 1° of Camber. a nice byproduct of these modifications is that the bump steer on the car is nearly gone

heres the new

Thanks for the photo. I LOVE IT!

I'm a bit skeptical of the gmod affecting your bumpsteer significantly or lowering the car. It really has nothing to do with the ride height either, but whatever results you are getting, it sounds like you are happy with it and I'm very glad to hear. Did you also install the taller tie rod ends?
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
      I'm a bit skeptical of the gmod affecting your bumpsteer significantly or lowering the car. It really has nothing to do with the ride height either, but whatever results you are getting, it sounds like you are happy with it and I'm very glad to hear. Did you also install the taller tie rod ends?
      skeptical? that's to bad Im just pointing out changes that happen to the car as things are done
      heres a picture of the steering arm and control arm configuration on the car

by lowering the upper control arm pivot points by .75 inch. This raises the front suspension roll center from below ground level, to a point well above the road. This will reduce the angle of the lower control arms and make them more parallel to the ground, giving you a more favorable camber curve. The new holes will also move the top of the spindle rearward .25 inch from stock. This will create more positive caster, which will make the steering feel more "snappy.

about the bumpster reduction, that's simple to understand, the Guldstrand mod moves the arm on 2 axis 1 is rearward, which rotates the steering arm downward and reduces bumpsteering just like putting a longer tie rod end kit

Name:  z stock caster.gif
Views: 2807
Size:  6.7 KB
      stock control arms mounting

Name:  z changed caster.gif
Views: 2526
Size:  6.8 KB
      Guldstrand arm mounting
      Attached Images Attached Images        

With all due respect (and I really do respect you, you've built a hell of a car), I disagree with your statement about the lower arm residing at a different angle as a result of the G-mod. Yes the roll center moved and this affects a lot of things, but on this suspension design the static ride height is dictated by the lower control arm mounting, lever ratio, spring, and spindle.

I have also done the G-mod (the hard way) using Guldstrand's templates and I did not see a shift backwards of 0.25". Yes, they do move backwards along the shaft direction, but because the shaft mounts at on angle on the frame (lower at the rear), the net result is only a downward movement. I think you can see it in your picture here; the old and new holes are essentially right on top of eachother. Regardless, even if the holes move rearward, static caster is something you would set through shimming the shafts. Having the holes further back does allow you to use more static caster, but that's only if you aligned it that way. If you aligned it with the same static caster and camber as you had before the Gmod (and all other parts are the same), your spindle is positioned in the same location as before and therefore there is no change in ride height or steering arm / outer TRE location. I agree that under cornering things will move differently with the G-mod and perhaps there is some bump steer improvement there, but I would not expect a significant change. Now if you aligned things differently or used taller TREs or something else, that could have a significant effect.

very interesting way to look at it, if you say that it only moves down and not back then how did the bumpsteer decrease with no other change than the G-mod?, in fact it decreased so much that I havent put the proforged tall tie rod ends on after we aligned it? and when i aligned the car after the mod, I put the settings back to what I had been running 0 toe in, 1degree of Camber, (David says maybe go 1.5, but Im sticking with 1 as a daily driver) I test the car every few weeks at the track twice a month track days (autoX and UFO) also the car is a daily driver(25 miles a day) to the shop and home, so every change is driven real world (10,000+ this year)

the from what i can see the G-mod moves the mounting 1) down (roll center) 2) back (caster) 3) angle of tilt(antidive), so 3 axis I have the same templates at home I will remeasure, it would be interesting to find out what made the bumpsteer change, when Im down in Del Mar goodguys this November you should come out to the event and get a few ride alongs

Did you change the static caster?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
      Did you change the static caster?
      only the amount that happens from the mod

Okay, so you did the G-mod and upon realignment, only adjusted camber and toe? That may explain what you're seeing. Even if holes aren't shifted rearward, when they move down the upper arm is at a steeper angle and due to the inclination of control arm shaft, there is caster gain (the balljoint swings up & backwards as the UCA travels upward). Your new alignment probably has more caster than your previous alignment. I'm not sure how much exactly - worth measuring for sure and I'll bet that is where your bump steer change is coming from.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com