Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      painted the Rear bumper yesterday and installed it today, now I have to do the front bumper!!

When??

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Quote Originally Posted by Suzy-Homemaker View Post
      When??
      09-02-2010 lol
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

I'd really like to see a repeat of this photo with the new LS engine (LQ4?). Really like the old-school look you've pulled off. Running the aircleaner to the cowl looks very trans-am. Only thing I'd change if it were mine is to de-logo it - looks classic but the giant "Spectre" and "Hotchkis" logos take away from it a bit I think.

Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

easy LS power steering bracket (LQ4 truck style)

I was looking to keep the old school look so I made or modded brackets for my LS install and here is the power steering one below

original truck PS and alt bracket

cut the bracket with a band saw or sawzall

smooth out the cuts with grinder or flapper wheel

OK heres the cool part! the original pump casing just bolts in you might have to grind the bracket a little around the pump cap and then bolts right to the block

just add paint and it will look awesome

heres the updated look at the LQ4 power steering modified bracket

LQ4 power steering modified bracket

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
      I'd really like to see a repeat of this photo with the new LS engine (LQ4?). Really like the old-school look you've pulled off. Running the aircleaner to the cowl looks very trans-am. Only thing I'd change if it were mine is to de-logo it - looks classic but the giant "Spectre" and "Hotchkis" logos take away from it a bit I think.
      Heres the old

heres the new

Plain Jane (1sickT8) my 1968 Camaro goes under knife (minor touch ups)

Plain Jane (1sickT8) my 1968 Camaro goes under knife for just touch ups, I haven't updated here in a while its been very busy. I have been tuning and tweaking the suspension and the car has done very well at the last couple of events, HOW WELL YOU ASK? enough that John Hotchkis ask me to Join their H-Team (awesomeness) since I was friends with some of those drivers anyways, now I have one more excuse to hang with them

It comes at the same time I have some time now to finish some loose suspension ends. before some more big events that are coming up, one of them tweaksI want is a spherical rear leaf spring bearing upgrade I picked this up a few months back about the same time I blew up the old motor, but the cars running great now so time to update

you can see it comes packed very well and after talking to both David Pozzi and Keith Smith at the last few events this is one of those little add-ons that helps improve traction, and roll control around corners
      Name:  GEDC9627.jpg
Views: 3106
Size:  169.3 KBName:  GEDC9628.jpg
Views: 3103
Size:  199.1 KBName:  GEDC9629.jpg
Views: 3084
Size:  190.8 KBName:  GEDC9630.jpg
Views: 3096
Size:  278.0 KBName:  GEDC9632.jpg
Views: 3143
Size:  229.0 KBName:  GEDC9633.jpg
Views: 3097
Size:  157.8 KBName:  GEDC9634.jpg
Views: 3066
Size:  198.3 KBName:  GEDC9635.jpg
Views: 3039
Size:  200.1 KBName:  GEDC9636.jpg
Views: 3073
Size:  196.2 KB

Great looking parts and I like that engine bay.
      Stephen

Project Plain Jane (1sickT8) meets Guldstrand

I know, I know, I know, this one of the first mods many do, but I waited to get the car as dialed as possible before doing it, and for no real reason other than just being stubborn, I have done it to others cars and there cars just worked great, but I held out for 3 years of racing and now that I have the car well tuned, I have added the Guldstrand mod to the front, Awhile back I ordered the templates from **** Guldstrand he tossed in some decals and a copy of a magazine article all about the mod

stuff from **** <----I guess I cant use Mr Guldstrands name the forum blocks it out immediately!! lets try this
      D I C K Guldstrand

Templates on the car

Pilot holes drilled

Knocked out the old bolts and replaced them with new GM (NOS) bolts I purchased a few years back

heres my home made knock tool I have installed all kinds of crap with this gizmo

bolts out

new ones in, arm in location and new bolts in place

suspension back together

another Driveway job!

Nice build make me want to go work on my car now

Basic results of the Guldstrand mod

I see alot of people ask should I do the Guldstrand mod or not, and many reason that they wont be racing so they dont need it, but I will tell you there are a few ways to improve the front suspension camber gains on your front double A-arm suspension.

#1) You can shorten the upper control arms = money
      #2) You can install a taller spindle or Ball Joint = money
      #3) You can change the pivot points of your control arms = time

#3 is the cheapest option (since you can't pay less than zero) simply drilling 4 holes and by using the template designed by Guldstrand it will lower the upper control arm pivot points by .75 inch. there are many of the templates avalible for free on the net or you can order yours from Guldstrand directly but they will charge you (well worth it youre getting a little peice of history) I waited to do this Mod till I already added tall Ball joints, tube arms, fat 255 front tires, Hotchkis Handle bars, the car was very dialed and has done well at many events, so doing the mod to the car now will show me what the results really are

After the Guldstrand mod even during just daily driving over the last few days (to and from work 10 miles each way), large bumps and dips are less jaring to the front suspension, the nose of the car dips less when braking and raise about the same under acceleration and on top of that there's some bump steer reduction(a little bonus)
      I would highly recommend this simple procedure for any camaro even in stock form or as a race car the mod makes a safer driving car, in the next few weeks i will get some track time to really test it, after the first track day I will add the new Proforged tall Tie rod ends and see how those work

Hey Rodney, this is just for first gens right? BTW, lost the use of my right shoulder for 6 months, bout a year recovery so no autocrossy for me this year (boo), but was spinning donuts with my right arm in a splint...right side too. The t56 conversion will be on hold a while...

sorry yes that mod was for first gen camaros/firebirds, the suspension on the second gen was waaayyy! better all those angles were tuned by then, DUDE Mike get that shoulder put back together (just gives you a year tweak the ride!) then come out and run it

Country Flag: UK

In this picture I'm testing a new Distributor-less ignition I ran it a few auto cross events but it need some dialing of the computer

Hi, I know you have now opted for an LS motor, but did you manage to do any more testing of the DIS8 system?

Great build by the way

Cheers,
      Mark

Quote Originally Posted by uk68327 View Post
      Hi, I know you have now opted for an LS motor, but did you manage to do any more testing of the DIS8 system?

Great build by the way

Cheers,
      Mark
      The DIS8 worked great! the final product I had was very smooth and gave tons of smooth top end at 65 on the freeway the DIS had amazing pickup for passing, at idle the car was less loppy(is that a word) it evened out the cam at 650idle
      I used to see these all the time on sand rails and offroad racers, but this was first I seen on a V8, I switched back and forth to get a good feel for the product and never had a problem, it was easier to set up than the distributor

Country Flag: UK
      The DIS8 worked great! the final product I had was very smooth and gave tons of smooth top end at 65 on the freeway the DIS had amazing pickup for passing, at idle the car was less loppy(is that a word) it evened out the cam at 650idle
      I used to see these all the time on sand rails and offroad racers, but this was first I seen on a V8, I switched back and forth to get a good feel for the product and never had a problem, it was easier to set up than the distributor
      Thank for you the feedback I am quite interested in the DIS8, would like to run coilpacks, either the DIS8 or Megasquirt (ignition only).

Quote Originally Posted by uk68327 View Post
      Thank for you the feedback I am quite interested in the DIS8, would like to run coilpacks, either the DIS8 or Megasquirt (ignition only).
      that DIS is nice because its the crank trigger, computer and now they have added the dwell adjustability to it, and I had the coil packs on the valve covers for a while it looked pretty cool, and then I put them on the fire wall to hide them

I see alot of people ask should I do the Guldstrand mod or not, and many reason that they wont be racing so they dont need it, but I will tell you there are a few ways to improve the front suspension camber gains on your front double A-arm suspension.

#1) You can shorten the upper control arms = money
      #2) You can install a taller spindle or Ball Joint = money
      #3) You can change the pivot points of your control arms = time

#3 is the cheapest option (since you can't pay less than zero) simply drilling 4 holes and by using the template designed by Guldstrand it will lower the upper control arm pivot points by .75 inch. there are many of the templates avalible for free on the net or you can order yours from Guldstrand directly but they will charge you (well worth it youre getting a little peice of history) I waited to do this Mod till I already added tall Ball joints, tube arms, fat 255 front tires, Hotchkis Handle bars, the car was very dialed and has done well at many events, so doing the mod to the car now will show me what the results really are

After the Guldstrand mod even during just daily driving over the last few days (to and from work 10 miles each way), large bumps and dips are less jaring to the front suspension, the nose of the car dips less when braking and raise about the same under acceleration and on top of that there's some bump steer reduction(a little bonus)
      I would highly recommend this simple procedure for any camaro even in stock form or as a race car the mod makes a safer driving car, in the next few weeks i will get some track time to really test it, after the first track day I will add the new Proforged tall Tie rod ends and see how those work
      How much dose this lower or raise the front of you camaro? if at all
      Havii Gonzalez, OC Calif.

68' MARO - UNDER FULL RESTO - LSX ect..

Used to be known as stilo

Quote Originally Posted by stilo View Post
      How much dose this lower or raise the front of you camaro? if at all
      I didn't do any measurements before the Guldstrand but it did drop the car about about 1/2inch from the tire to fender clearance

Hotchkis Swivel Max Bushing upgrade

this weekend was another weekend to get the car suspension tweeks done, so I started with the spherical leaf spring bushings to increase suspension articulation to improve cornering traction,

out with the old rear shackles and in with the new

out with the front eyelet bushing and I pressed in a spherical front bushing

looks good right!

small weld bead to keep the housing from moving

back into the leaf spring box

back into the car

also some new rear tires arrived.... wahoo these look awesome!

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com