Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I was going to use the truck acc. drive but it is big and ugly and covers half the motor

so I decided to build my own brackets for Power steering pump and alternator, not done but I will finish them up this weekend

I want to locate them back in there standard chevy 350 location

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      Thanks Boostin!!

I had a few pennys put aside for my girlfriends 1963 Rambler autocross car, but when mine died I used that money to order all the parts, quickly, while the motor man thats building the rambler engine (legendary NHRA Hall of fame Bruno Gianoli) of the famed Champion Speed Shop, Reggie Jacksons High Performance, Roy Brizio Street Rods, agreed to hold off building for an extra month, very cool of the old grump *******..
      Bruno is still building motors? John and I were best buddies through 8th grade.

Is he still working out of Gotelli's?

Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

yes he's still building motors at 81 years old!! you should come by and say hi to PF he's there-here (at Gotellis) every day of the week, unless he's down at reggies collection working on those cars there a few times a month

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      a couple of us got together and rented a warehouse SSF on maple street, (since we all have lots of projects) put in a lift, a stand up parts washer and a big 12ft long 5ft wide sand blaster, and an awesome big screen projector to play movies in the back ground when were at the shop late at night after work
      WHAT?? How the hell did you get that?? I tried to get the shop next to Sandersons but the City said "no Bueno". Would have been nice to get back in the City.

Looking good so far.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Project Plain Jane has a new heart

today Plain Jane's heart was beating

http://youtu.be/GADhPWjPAKs

yes I went with a carburetor setup for the old school mixed with new is the look I wanted

dude, is your transmission out of the car??? LOL
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Saturday was better!! I finished the complete install, Fired up the car and backed it out on to the street and she (Plain Jane) looks awesome and sounds great..... Runs fantastic! the 6.0L pulls with vigor in all the gears!!

Hotchkis bar fits like a glove with the new motor and Edelbrock intake and LS! controller!

Fitting the AGR steering pump

working on ignition curves

hood in place

getting artistic dude. looking good.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      getting artistic dude. looking good.
      HEY! I am artistic, (I think) H ha ha ha ha!!! and I even have a few banners up in the shop hoping to foster some sponsorship action come on painless, K&N, and the ever important BUDWEISER, <--- shameless self promotion! <--- rolling on the floor laugh my a** off!!!!

Hi Rod,
      Quick question. Where did you get the front spoiler? From spoilersbyrandy.com?

Tu
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Quote Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
      Hi Rod,
      Quick question. Where did you get the front spoiler? From spoilersbyrandy.com?

Tu
      yes sir! its the shorter style that Randy made, being lowered it just clears (most) parking blocks and being steel and painting the spoiler body color updates the front end (IMO)

Thanks Rod. Been enjoy reading your build thread.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Recent Updates to Plain Jane and her most recent Race

just an update, I basically buttoned up the car on Sunday and test drove it for 3 days to work and then packed my Camaro Plain Jane up with tools, folding chairs a few extra parts and drove my 68 camaro 547 miles on Thursday to the rttc event I met up with Rich from Road Touring Customs in Gilroy followed their convoy, to Ironworks to meet up with Roger and have lunch, The Newman Clan from Newman Car Creations were already there having lunch and the I drove into LA with the Kyle and Paul Newman and their great looking tri 5s, about 3 miles from the hotel an exhaust flange came loose and was making a ton of noise that last mile to the hotel, once there I let the motor cool and with Kyle Newmans help (i used his jack and stands) I crawled under the car and put in new flange bolts, on Friday morning, after the drivers meeting my first event was the larger 2 mile road track, and after 3 laps my engine temp had become very hot so I pulled of the track and did a quick once over and the cooling fan wasn't running (burned out) back to the pits and install a new fan, but I got 3 good laps in

placed#27 car11 Rodney Prouty time 01:51.8

but I missed the autocross event, and had to go to the Speed Stop/Slalom event, the car ran great!!

placed#20 Prouty Rodney 68 Chevy Camaro car11 Time 23.030

and during the fun runs I went to the autocross and after 4 runs I threw a belt, back to the pits days over

Saturday was great! not a single failure, Plain Jane ran awesome layed down a decent autocross time
      Placed# 24 car11 Rodney Prouty 68 Chevy Camaro Time 43.600

on the drive home Sunday I had my favorite so-cal radio station playing on the radio and there they were right in front of me, Go KROQ!!

and I had to stop at in-n-out Burger on the way home to get dinner and use the parking lot curb behind the store as a jack to fix the other exhaust flange!!

Nice job Rod, So, how would you rate the performance of the new power plant over the old? No more oil leaks for sure. Did you feel your balance change?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      Nice job Rod, So, how would you rate the performance of the new power plant over the old? No more oil leaks for sure. Did you feel your balance change?
      the 6.0L dosn't come as hard as the old motor (softer outta the hole) and comes to life at 2200 rpms and pulls from there on to redline, the engine is quieter, and yes the front end did set lower with the new motor (i should have weighed the 2 motors) I had to add a 1/2 coil spring pocket spacer(lift) and change the damping on the shock a little

project Plain Jane (1sickT8) del mar update

The Del Mar goodguys event was great! plain Jane ran fast laying down a weekend best for her at 32.505, that would have put me around 5 place, but I was running the fun runs because of tire, I still have 180 treadwear on the front and the new rules are 200 treadwear, and I didnt have the extra cash to change the tires before the event, the suspension was DIALED!! I pulled the car off the trailer and never changed a setting, Hothckis springs F/R, and 30lbs of tire pressure, Bret over at ride tech put plain jane on the corner scales so I could have a working target, shes pretty balanced right now

Name:  img120.jpg
Views: 2766
Size:  90.5 KB

That's awesome Rod... you really got that sucker workin!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Nice weight distribution on and old first gen. Why is there more weight in RR opposed to LR? Rear mount battery?

Quote Originally Posted by makoshark View Post
      Nice weight distribution on and old first gen. Why is there more weight in RR opposed to LR? Rear mount battery?
      yes, Battery, fuel pump, and filters on that side, it will balance more with a new differential cooler and pump going on the left side during the summer, (getting ready to run the one lap next year maybe opps did that slip out)

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com