Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Project SCUD - 1969 Dodge Dart

Finally got back to my Dart after a long year of being away. I mentioned it in my introduction sometime last year, but I live in Switzerland 11 1/2 months out of the year and only get back to the states to work on my car 2-3 weeks around Christmas. Not exactly the best time since it's been below freezing most of the time I've been back, BRUTAL! One of the fun parts is I get two Christmas's every time I come back, one for car parts, and one for Christmas. I generally buy parts throughout the year and do my own mini Sema-thrash over Christmas.

The plan for the car was originally a basic restoration with some suspension, engine and paint upgrades. Since discovering this site and researching various products, the build has evolved into a full on PT build with a Viper theme, but since it's my first, it's "Rookie Touring". This site is a great resource for information and the people here have already been a huge help to my build. I look forward to asking more questions and learning alot more as I go.

Plans for the car are a few subtle body mods, full chassis, 5.7 Hemi which will eventually be stroked, Viper T-56, Gen 3 Viper wheels and brakes, Viper IRS, exhaust through the rockers (similar to what else, Viper), Charger SRT hood scoop, ISIS, Dakota Digital gauges, a few other custom interior touches, and a bunch of other stuff which I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I've got a rendering coming and when it's finished I'll be sure to put it up.

The plan for this year was to begin teaching myself to weld, rip the quarter panels off the car, mock up the new quarters, check ride height, start mocking up custom rear spoiler, and anything else I could get done.

First thing I had to do was organize the garage. This is what I came back to...

Second quarter panel mocked up...

Checking ride height...

Mocking up the spoiler...

Putting a Viper third brake light in the spoiler...

Thanks to everybody that has already been a huge help and to those that will be in the future. I head back to Switzerland tomorrow so the working fun ends for the next 11 1/2 months, but I do get to have research and parts buying fun.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com