Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chopsmitty View Post
      I've worked on a bunch of Vipers, Will, and have installed and heard almost everything out there (we even built several of our own systems), I like the Borla exhaust. I know it doesn't apply to this build, but the Belanger headers don't do as well on the dyno as the B&B's do. The Belanger's use this goofy fire cone thingy in the collector that obviously restricts exhaust flow. The B&B's are wide open with a nice almost 'merge' collector. The highest horsepower we achieved on the dyno with just exhaust mods was a set of B&B headers and a pile of 304 stainless J bends and strait pipe and two Borla XR1 mufflers (3.5"). On your car, I would route the exhaust down the trans tunnel and take advantage of the architecture by using an x pipe just down from the trans. Headers will be the big power gains - and if you need help, you know I'm available.
      I keep forgetting about your past employ Greg. I'm planning to build my headers with parts from Stainless Headers. I'm going to order a couple flanges and merge collectors from them and mock-up the headers from pvc. That will allow me to determine routing for the steering shaft and headers before ordering up the 304 j-bends for building them. Stainless Headers has some great tutorial on their website about building your own so I'm going to give it a try; I'm sure I'll be enlisting your help. I'll have to look into the XR-1, see if I can find some video for it. The plan for the x-pipe is right down the tunnel as well, then exhaust through the rear crossmember and probably under the center chunk. Not sure if mufflers will be before or after the center. Hoping to be able to mock up all the exhaust once it's on the ground.

Gonna be some late nights and early mornings in Grand Rapids come December... Eyeballing tickets for February too.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

More parts for me! It's killing me not to be able to do anything with these!

Woodward Steering Rack & Pinion and Tie Rod adjusting sleeves front and rear...

Joe's Racing Bearing Mount Upper Control Arms that will be used in both the front and rear... I owe thanks to Ray (454Bug) for inspiring these bad boys.

ridetech Compressor and Valve Block...

ridetech 3 Gallon Tank... (and uber fat guard cat)

I've also designed a bracket that will clamp around the air tank that will hold both the compressor and the valve block. All of it will be mounted under the car between the frame rails. Will work out AWESOME, and save some space in the trunk.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Nice parts .....

Nice hat
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Yeah, the hat is HOT! Was the hoping the T-shirt would be black; white makes me look fat. Beggars can't be choosers...
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

X2 Very nice parts. December is coming soon!
      Jeff

73 Mustang Convertible

Not soon enough Jeff.

Thanks Bryce.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Country Flag: Australia
      Nothing like a nice pile of new parts to make you feel good.
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      Thanks Tim. I hear you on the Viper V10, it has a very unique sound bite; very different from the V10 norm within the German & Italian ranks. That will make picking a muffler difficult, I wish I could demo some and see what I like best...
      I heard a while back that the Viper V10 fires two cylinders simultaneously.

I read that too, but I also read that is not true. I do understand it has an unusual firing order, but I can't confirm anything. Too much heresay out there and I've yet to ask an expert.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

It fires two at a time. That is why it kinda sounds like a 5 cylinder.

Mystery solved! Thanks Bryce, congrats again.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Looks good. From the history I know, Dodge designed it as two smooth straight 5cyls then sorta merged them. Hence the double firing?
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

I would love to speak with a Dodge engineer involved with the Viper sometime. I've also heard it was based off the LA, added a couple cylinders, changed oil/cooling; worked with Lambo (who was part of Chrysler at the time); also heard what you heard... Either way, I can't wait to drop this thing in between the rails and set it on the ground.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Country Flag: Finland
      First, hey Will!,

I'm here also.

Sorry to say but man,

You should really do your home work.

If its based on LA, how can it be 2*straigth 5?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V10_engine

And then 8.0 and 8.3 are a night and day.

It is oddfire engine, only three (car) engines in the world: old Buick V6, BMW M5 V10 and Viper. Also Harley is but that I dont acount.

Every evenfire engine has two pistons at tdc at any stroke when oddfire has every pistons it own.

If you start from 1. Cyl tdc and start calculating degrees when rotating you see two set of number all to way to 720' same in every evenfire engine. Then on oddfire they are different set of two. Long story short.

Thats why is difficult to find Ecu for Viper engine that can be used as seqvental fuel and spark.

Pectel comes first in mind... $ second 8(

Check Vipers cranktrigger wheel, it's not an 30-1 or 60-2, it's 5* 2/15' or something like that.

I have the dergees on my home computer, I'm on mobile device now.
      Juhani

'70 Super Bee next in line...
      '01 SuperDuty 7.3PSD CrewCab Dually, little tuned daily driver.

Hey Juhani, glad to see you. That type of homework is not necessary for me at this point, I'll let somebody else do it. At this point the only homework I'm concerned with is making it fit (LxWxH) and run. That's enough for me. I'm not going to go crazy with the build of it so digging into the ECU and going nuts on figuring out the how and why it is what it is and does what it does isn't my main concern. I appreciate you setting everyone straight though.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Country Flag: Finland
      After reading my post, I've to come back didnt want to sound harshlike that. I had really bad day today, I do apologize.

I'm no mr. Know it all, just that I'm in same boat with you Wellis. Just that I have done little groundwork and scratching my head.

In your build, have you looked truck manifold? Maeby do something like that line oldschool Bb Ram headers?or do you need long primary tubes?

I think that it will fit nicely, its so lite too.

Best choise for ecu is original with an tuner like sct. Or Dodge offroad/racebox. I want total fuel/spark control but mine is going to be FI.

Has your engine (gen II) that same oiling problem as do mine (gen III) have, oil starvation on some rod bearings? I know how to fix that...

What trans are you gonna use?

Keep the parts coming, still little time before you can let yourself loose...
      Juhani

'70 Super Bee next in line...
      '01 SuperDuty 7.3PSD CrewCab Dually, little tuned daily driver.

If I remember my history correctly - Lambo assembled and built the first few Viper V10's over in Italy...
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Also not that it actually matters, the old 3.9 v6 i had in my dodge dakota (now replaced with a Hemi!!!) was an odd fire engine. I was made by dodge cutting 2 cyl's off the 318 v8. It just seems logical that they could build a v10 by using the 318 as a base again
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com