Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys. I'm not too worried about paint around the exhaust. Many have come before me and done this so I should be okay. If I need to change something after a while, so be it.

Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

Looks great Will. When you're here in GR we'll have to get together for a beverage.
      Jeff

73 Mustang Convertible

I'll shoot you a PM Jeff when I'm headed back to town. It'll be around Christmas before I'm back. We actually have our tickets already, I think we come in around the 15th or something like that.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Looks good - keep in touch.

Hey Greg. How's the bike coming? I visit your site occassionally to check progress.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Absolutely sick rendering! All of it!
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Great project! Is the Viper block and the 5.7l block the same bolt pattern? What clutch setup are you going to use?

Very nice ! I can't wait till the day I get my feet wet. Thought I was almost there but the engine in the wife's car went and we had to get something new for her. 2011 Hyundai Tucson was her choice while I kept my eyes on a 2011 mustang that she wanted no parts of. Sucks !

Quote Originally Posted by SRT-68 View Post
      Great project! Is the Viper block and the 5.7l block the same bolt pattern? What clutch setup are you going to use?
      Thanks. I'm not 100% certain on the bolt pattern for the bellhousing but I don't think it's the same. I haven't decided which clutch I'm going to run yet but I'm using everything out of the Viper, electric adjustable pedals, hydraulics, etc. Should be a sweet setup.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Thanks Burnout. Next time you should buy something older so you can finally get in the water... On the other hand, it might be better just to wait. My car has been sitting around for almost 10 years waiting on me. It was torture every time I would go to the garage and think, "someday..."
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      ..I'm not 100% certain on the bolt pattern for the bellhousing but I don't think it's the same.
      A long time ago i was looking into that bolt pattern stuff, only for a small block vs the viper. I found one place that i cant find anymore that compared them..I know the starter is on the opposite side as the small block and i thought i heard it was the same pattern minus a bolt by one of the heads i THINK.. (but..is the hemi the same as the small block?? haha)

btw, i love the project and everything thats going into it!!
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

The hemi is similar to the small black, starter on opposite (from what I've been told) and not using a bolt hole at the top of the small block bell on a 5.7. Sounds eerily similar to what you're saying about the Viper bolt pattern. The V10 could very well be using the same small block bolt pattern. If I could cheaply find a Viper bell housing I'd check it out. Looking at Quicktimes website, the bellhousings for the 5.7 and V10 are very similar. The V10 is missing a hole at the top and the starter is on the driver's side vs. passenger for the 5.7. Comparing the SB and 5.7, visually the bolt patterns look identical, starter is on opposite sides, but I "heard" the top hole doesn't line up between the two. I may connect with the guy I got all my Viper parts from and see if he has a bellhousing laying around...

Edit:
      Checking out Quicktimes website, the 5.7 bellhousing looks to be deeper than the V10 by about 2.5 inches. I emailed Quicktime to find out because I found a deal on a bell.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

I thought the viper motor was just a magnumV8 5.2 or 5.9 with two extra cylinders.

That's my understanding as well. That being the case, you would think the Viper bellhousing would work fine, but it's definitely not as deep as the 5.7/6.1 for the same trans. I'll find out, hopefully soon.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

According to Quicktime, the V10 has a unique bolt pattern.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Hi Will
      i love the rendering that is just sick!! cant wait to see this come together.
      Thanks
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Thanks David. I can't wait to get back stateside in a few weeks and get to work. I plan to get a lot accomplished but I'm going to have some questions that I'll need guidance on; love this site. I have a couple already but I'll need pics to explain and I won't have them for a few weeks so it doesn't do much good to ask yet. Your Camaro has already given me a couple ideas on some things I want to do on the front of my chassis build, so thank you!
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Thanks Will! I am waiting for a reply from Hurst driveline on the bellhousing / clutch setup.

No problem. I wish it were the same between the V10 and 5.7 because the V10 bellhousings are much less expensive. Maybe with a spacer or an adapter. I still would like to see a stock V10 bellhousing to compare. What are you working on?
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      Hey Greg. How's the bike coming? I visit your site occassionally to check progress.
      The bike is in "top secret" mode now. It'll be finished for spring and the whole show circuit plus a bunch of riding... Make sure you get ahold of me when you get back in town. Love to see your project and maybe help out a bit.
      -Greg

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com