Oh, I see it now... Keep us updated!

Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      Thanks. There is a spoiler on the front in the rendering and will be one when I get to that point in the build. That is side exhaust too, should be pretty sweet.
      I have front spoilers for the 69 Dart on my website. Randy
      Custom Front Spoilers
      www.spoilersbyrandy.com

Thanks Randy. I've seen the ones on your site and they look great but I want something full-width.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

Great looking project. I am a fan of the Darts. they make cool rides.
      Put Up Or Shut Up!!!

Ive wanted to build a pt dart for a long time, just because 1) love the body lines,and 2) something you will NOT pass on the road(coarse or other wise).

keep the green!

Renderings kick ass, need more updates/pix please. :D

Great project!
      1995 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 "Clone"
      2005 GMC 2500HD EC/SB
      2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS

I wish there was something new I could report. Since I'm in Switzerland 11 months out of the year and only with the car 3-4 weeks a year, the updates won't be too often. I have been designing my chassis and collecting parts. I hope to have the chassis on the wheels the next time I'm back in December. I'll be back next February as well and hope to have the floor cut out and the body resting in it's new home. Thanks for looking and the comments...
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Progress baby YEAH!!! Not exactly the kind of progress I'd like at this point, the kind where the car is getting built and it's on all 4's and rolling around and stuff, but progress none-the-less. I just worked an awesome deal for all the Viper related stuff I need. All my suspension components, frame cuts to build a jig, electric brake/clutch pedal assembly, gas pedal (all with the nice aluminum pedals), nuts & bolts, clutch MC and brake booster/MC, all my parking brake stuff (levers, cables, pulleys, etc), seats, and complete ABS system (gonna try to make it work). Don Scharf Automotive in Eagle River, WI hooked me up with an incredible deal saving me thousands $$$$$$. The only thing I still need is the hood scoop from a Ram SRT10 hood, and they will let me know when they get one in. I already have brakes, wheels, rear end, mirrors, third brake light.

After some discussion about doing my Dart as a wide-body, I'm having my rendering reworked as well to get a look at that. This time it's being done by Shawn Mascoll (Mascoll here on the board). I'm real pumped about it too. So far it is amazing and I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. I am already a huge fan of his work.

Only 6 more months until I can play. Sometimes it seems like time does not tick away fast enough... I'm certainly not going to wish it away though, life in Switzerland is far too good for that. But I am real excited about coming back stateside and getting to work! Hope everybody else is doing well with their projects this summer.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

please keep it green..I love that color..very cool cant wait to see future updates.

I agree that the green & black theme would look killer!!!

[/URL]

updates?
      2003 Crewcab Dually Dirtymax

1980 Malibu...6.0 LSx turbo on the stand.

2000 SS th400 little juice

2002 C5 glide swap, motor shopping

1970 Nova... still waiting.

What a cool project, a modern Hemi Dart. I am in the Grand Rapids area too. How long have you had the Dart? Was it Hemi orange at one time?
      Jeff

73 Mustang Convertible

Hey Jeff, I grew up in Kentwood so I've been in the area a while. I've had the Dart for probably 12 years but it hasn't been on the road in probably 7 or 8. It will probably be 7 or 8 more before it's on the road again but I'm hoping for more like 3-5. Once I get the chassis built it should move fairly quick I think. I have most of the big parts now so once I'm able to thrash, hoping it goes fast. Where abouts in GR are you?
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

I'm thinking back maybe 20-25 years ago a friend had a 69 dart 340 4 speed. It was hemi orange with the rear wheelwells opened up like yours. It had Cragar 5 spokes. I am on the southwest side near M6 and 131.
      Jeff

73 Mustang Convertible

The Dart you are referring to is definitely not mine. Mine came from the Kalamzoo area. It was a light yellow prior to the sublime paint. Now it's going to be completely different. I'm looking to sway from the Mopar norm; I won't be a fan of the purists, but it's all good.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

No physical new updates yet. Viper suspension, frame sections, seats, anti-lock brake system, and some other goodies on the way. I also had my rendering reworked and it was just finished. I was looking at possibly doing a wide-body mod on the quarters and fenders so I could stuff an entire Viper chassis under the body. With the help of Shawn Mascoll, we looked at it a few different ways and realized that the lines on the Dart just don't look right as a wide body so we opted not to go that route. We ended up reworking the hood a bit, moved the driving lights to the bumper, changed the stripe, gave the project a name (if a mod could change the thread title to "Project SCUD, '69 Dart" that would be awesome!) and made a few other small changes. Below is the revised rendering and the new blueprint for the project, which has now been named the "SCUD". If you play darts at all you are probably familiar with the term. If not, look it up. I'm really pumped about the direction the project is taking and can't wait to get back on it. Like I said, I have a lot of parts on the way along with a plasma cutter, and new Millermatic 211 so I plan to have a whole lot of fun this winter.

Shawn was great to work with and did an awesome job working on my rendering and giving some great ideas. I strongly recommend him to anyone looking to do a rendering. You've probably seen his threads and the work you can tell is amazing! Thanks again Shawn.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Nice! My only worry would be that the side exhaust will melt the paint off around it. or at least burn it.
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

WOW thats a awesome rendering i will keep up with this i like it alot
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com