Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    Country Flag: United States

Default Project SCUD - 1969 Dodge Dart

Finally got back to my Dart after a long year of being away. I mentioned it in my introduction sometime last year, but I live in Switzerland 11 1/2 months out of the year and only get back to the states to work on my car 2-3 weeks around Christmas. Not exactly the best time since it's been below freezing most of the time I've been back, BRUTAL! One of the fun parts is I get two Christmas's every time I come back, one for car parts, and one for Christmas. I generally buy parts throughout the year and do my own mini Sema-thrash over Christmas.

The plan for the car was originally a basic restoration with some suspension, engine and paint upgrades. Since discovering this site and researching various products, the build has evolved into a full on PT build with a Viper theme, but since it's my first, it's "Rookie Touring". This site is a great resource for information and the people here have already been a huge help to my build. I look forward to asking more questions and learning alot more as I go.

Plans for the car are a few subtle body mods, full chassis, 5.7 Hemi which will eventually be stroked, Viper T-56, Gen 3 Viper wheels and brakes, Viper IRS, exhaust through the rockers (similar to what else, Viper), Charger SRT hood scoop, ISIS, Dakota Digital gauges, a few other custom interior touches, and a bunch of other stuff which I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I've got a rendering coming and when it's finished I'll be sure to put it up.

The plan for this year was to begin teaching myself to weld, rip the quarter panels off the car, mock up the new quarters, check ride height, start mocking up custom rear spoiler, and anything else I could get done.

First thing I had to do was organize the garage. This is what I came back to...

Second quarter panel mocked up...

Checking ride height...

Mocking up the spoiler...

Putting a Viper third brake light in the spoiler...

Thanks to everybody that has already been a huge help and to those that will be in the future. I head back to Switzerland tomorrow so the working fun ends for the next 11 1/2 months, but I do get to have research and parts buying fun.
    Will Ellis
    1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
    Build Thread

Hey, that is a great project. Those wheels really look great on your car! Keep the pictures coming.
    Custom Front Spoilers
    www.spoilersbyrandy.com

Nice looking build. I have got to know where you scored the Malibu Boats sign. My first Sunsetter had that script and logo and I always thought it was cool. It wouldn't look right on my current Malibu though.
    Stephen

ha ha, the sign was an ebay score. My wife picked it up for my birthday she's a good woman! I'm a huge fan of the 'bu and look forward to moving back to the US from Switzerland so I can order another. Barefoot waterskiing and slalom skiing are huge passions for my wife and I; Switzerland isn't exactly conducive to either of those.
    Will Ellis
    Build Thread

oops, double post. stupid airport wireless...
    Will Ellis
    Build Thread

I can't imagine that Grand Rapids, MI is very conducive either. It takes commitment to be into watersports in an area with a short season, for that I salute you. Keep us posted on the build, looks like it is going to be a good one.
    Stephen

Just out of mere curiousity, are you going to stick with the OE front suspension? Or are you going to go Viper?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxGranadaChuck View Post
    Just out of mere curiousity, are you going to stick with the OE front suspension? Or are you going to go Viper?
    NOT running the OE front suspension. I'm using Viper knuckles for the ease of mounting wheels and brakes and building my own control arms based off Viper geometry. The rear will be Viper geometry as well. I'm considering using Viper control arms but need to get some measurements for the front arms to see if they will fit my chassis. The rears will definitely fit so I may end up using those as well depending on the cradle I build for the center section. Still up in the air on that one, but I have a year to figure it out...
    Will Ellis
    Build Thread

My favorite mopars are these little Dart's
    -Nick L
    -1967 GTO 455, SC&C stage II/Ridetech HQ's, Richmond 5 speed, Moser 9", 4 wheel discs, slowly getting the Pro Touring treatment
    -Build threads:
    -http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=615847
    -http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...project-thread

That is going to be sweet, those wheels are money and please keep it lime green!

I like it KEEP IT GREEN, but my question is DART + VIPER = Vart?
    or Diper??
    Rod Prouty
    RideTech & Bangshift

I'm not a Real Racer but I did spend a night in the Pozzi's motor-home

Thanks guys. The color is being changed to Viper GTS Blue. It's been green for a long time (not original though) and I'm ready for a change. I thought about Snakeskin green, but I'm a big fan of the blue. PLUS, my wife is a big reason I'm back on the project so I want to include her as much as possible and she wants the blue too. So blue it is.

I wasn't sure about the wheels at first. I posted a poll on here some time last summer about either these or a set of CCW's, and the CCW's won out by a land slide. I just couldn't get the vision of these wheels out of my head and took a chance. Glad I went this route because I think they are right on!
    Will Ellis
    Build Thread

Awesome... i like the Dart's...

great looking Dart! love the color and stance!

Got my rendering finished up and I'm pretty stoked. On the Dart side of things, it's a bit different than anything I've seen so far and that's what I'm going for, among other things. On top of it, I've had this in my head for about 7 years. Now I need to get back stateside and get to work...

Will Ellis
    Build Thread

nice..thoese wheel look killer
    Dave

Nice... But the front end needs something... Maybe move the grille out... or a front roll pan with a spoiler. Or both!!! and is that side exit exhaust? That would be awesome!
    Benjamin Kadron
    Sharps Chapel, TN

Twin Dusters
    '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
    '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
    http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...RO-DUSTER-quot

'98 Subaru Legacy Wagon Daily

Thanks. There is a spoiler on the front in the rendering and will be one when I get to that point in the build. That is side exhaust too, should be pretty sweet.
    Will Ellis
    Build Thread

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast