Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

78 Silverado - Undecided on what route to go - pics

Hi all, I bought a '78 Silverado a ways back with the intention of lowering it on bags, and completing the look with 18-20" TTIIs, small mirrors, and a sport rear bumper while keeping the rest stock.

When I bought the truck, it had 18000 miles on it. It's about 95-98% original but has a few "rough edges" on it (AC needs new compressor, some paint blemishes, a few underside/body imperfections, etc). Anyhow, three years later and it has 25k miles (been sitting for last year accruing 250 miles) and is still the same save for two things - I put factory manifolds back on and fixed the exhaust and also put a bedlid and rug in to protect the back. Basically, I couldn't bring myself to c-notch the frame or even do a regular drop on it (no c-notch). The truck received a lot of attention bone stock, partly because it's a stock 73-87 which in itself is extremely rare.

I'm still torn on the thing... and I'm trying to decide between the following:

A - Go through with the drop and "pro touring" look as I planned and make it a show/fair weather driver
      B - Keep it original and restore bits and pieces as time goes on and drive it a little more
      C - Sell it (prob. taking small hit, not even sure what it's worth though) and buy a less original truck to customize

Here's some pictures, and below I have some photochops as examples of "custom" routes; it photographs better than it looks in person.

And the MIGHTY 305:

Now here are some photoshops...

Here's a drop on TTIIs, but I'd go all chrome instead of black centers and probably a few inches bigger in diameter... note it also has the sport mirrors:

Here's a chop between a stock photo and a drop w/ no mirrors and the sport rear bumper:

STOCK:

DROPPED:

I think in a dream world I could have about 5 variations of it in the garage... but just one, not sure...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com