Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Thanks for the comments everyone... seems like the consensus is leave it as-is, but if the urge to chop drop and mod is too much, sell it and pick up a cheap truck to modify. My original intent was to modify but I can't bring myself to cut this thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      BTW, I noticed the Ga tag but those pictures don't look like Ga? Just curious was it a original GA truck? Richmond county?
      Came from Jackson, GA; pics were in TX but the truck will be moving with me back to GA (actually Richmond County of all places, are you there?).

Country Flag: United States
      I am in Pigeon Forge, Tn, but grew up in Macon, Ga. so pretty familar with most of Ga. I knew that background wasn't any Ga. I knew...haha
      I thought the tag said Richmond county is why I asked. Welcome back home.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
      I would say not to hack it up. That said, you could lower it with springs and spindles, put some decent brakes and the rims you want without cutting the frame up or thowing on tacky bling. Beautiful truck.
      x2, plus go to the sport mirrors, nice truck though, my first 'car' was a 79 silverado c10 in 2-tone blue.
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible project LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1972 Corvette LT1 Stock
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

I wouldn't HACK it up, but I have to say, there's a lot you can do to make it the best of both worlds. You could still slam it on some nice wheels, upgrade the brakes, a nice cushy airride system and you've got a great truck. Just cuz you upgrade it doesn't mean you jacked it up. I'm just sayin.

Wheel it,Lower it,Drive it....enjoy.

Dude... leave it alone... that truck is BEAUTIFUL as is!
      Never trust a pretty girl... or a lonely midget.

Quote Originally Posted by WEAVER View Post
      problem is the domino effect.. once you modify one thing.. you justify another.. next thing you know, its all hacked up. That one is too nice.. almost a museum piece!

That truck is super sexy as is... But I really have a HARD spot for factory appearing trucks sitting on their rockers tucking wheels... that might be whats left of the mini trucker in me
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
      problem is the domino effect.. once you modify one thing.. you justify another.. next thing you know, its all hacked up. That one is too nice.. almost a museum piece!
      I know first hand about that,I took a 84 that had 30,000 on it and by the time it was over...new frame, paint, air bags,tutone paint.....ect.

Quote Originally Posted by WEAVER View Post
      Rinse, repeat.

Beautiful truck. I missed an opportunity for a truck similar to yours but the one I was looking at had black interior, All stock and cleaner than the day it drove off the lot.
      I agree with the others, dont cut it up. The aftermarket is huge. Swap the suspension for something tighter, get some larger sway bars and some decent wheels n tires and your set for a pretty slick cruiser that can handle to.

Quote Originally Posted by x60183 View Post
      Thanks for the comments everyone... seems like the consensus is leave it as-is, but if the urge to chop drop and mod is too much, sell it and pick up a cheap truck to modify. My original intent was to modify but I can't bring myself to cut this thing up.

Came from Jackson, GA; pics were in TX but the truck will be moving with me back to GA (actually Richmond County of all places, are you there?).

Well let me know if it goes up for sale. I love the 73-87. I've been looking for a nice 73-80.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com