Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
      Country Flag: France
      The thing is, if prednisone & antibiotics work, it probably means it's either inflammation/infection related, or an allergic reaction of some sort... the latter being the most difficult to pinpoint, due to the amount of chemicals and stuff we are all more and more exposed to. (you more than some, being "a paint guy"...)
      It can be so frustrating and worrisome to hear a doctor say he does'nt have a clue...

My wife is in the same kind of situation, not knowing what the heck she has (different symptoms, though) so I can only relate to what you and your wife are going through... Hang in there and really take notice to ANY change in your environment.

Tough times

Country Flag: United States
      It seems like Doctors trouble shoot like dealer mechanics do. They get you together enough to go out the door, but it comes right back. <sad chuckle>
      Good luck, and hope they figure it out. My GF's parents went to this one doctor for years, he was a quack, but they dealt with it until my GF convinced them to find another doctor. Things got much better after that.

Jay

Wow, great finished product! Looks like all the build photos are gone to photobucket... I would love to see the build from start to finish.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by NoNo View Post
      The thing is, if prednisone & antibiotics work, it probably means it's either inflammation/infection related, or an allergic reaction of some sort... the latter being the most difficult to pinpoint, due to the amount of chemicals and stuff we are all more and more exposed to. (you more than some, being "a paint guy"...)
      It can be so frustrating and worrisome to hear a doctor say he does'nt have a clue...

My wife is in the same kind of situation, not knowing what the heck she has (different symptoms, though) so I can only relate to what you and your wife are going through... Hang in there and really take notice to ANY change in your environment.

Tough times
      Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      It seems like Doctors trouble shoot like dealer mechanics do. They get you together enough to go out the door, but it comes right back. <sad chuckle>
      Good luck, and hope they figure it out. My GF's parents went to this one doctor for years, he was a quack, but they dealt with it until my GF convinced them to find another doctor. Things got much better after that.

Jay
      I truly appreciate both of your comments. I have now been on the Prednisone and Antibiotics for four days with no real improvement! I am at a complete loss, and my pulmonologist just keeps spinning his whees. I am scheduled to show my finally finished car for the first time ever this coming weekend in Boston at an indoor show. I have great friends willing to get the car there and set up for me. But quite frankly am not sure I am up for it. I am on the verge of canceling out of the show. I am extremely bothered by this and so very frustrated.

I am at a complete loss.......

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Wow, great finished product! Looks like all the build photos are gone to photobucket... I would love to see the build from start to finish.

Thank you very much for the compliment and interest in the build. Yes, photo bucket really screwed me for the forums. But, if you are on Facebook I have a page set up with the entire build. Look here at Copper Hill Rod & Custom, if you are not on FB, it is still available to see as it is a public account. This isn't a real business page, just a place to show what I do, Copper Hill R&C is nothing more than my backyard garage!

https://www.facebook.com/Copper-Hill...?ref=bookmarks

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....

Well......

With the help of great friends and the support of an awesome wife and two amazing daughters.... I made it to the show! For anyone that has been following along you know that I have been building towards and planning on getting this project done in time for its debut, for lack of a better term, at the Boston World of Wheels ISCA show. Through health issues that have been plaguing me for months, bad weather predictions and just an overall sense of blah. I did it. My wife kept pushing me to get the car there and reach my goal. She knows how hard I have worked and how long I have been planning on this show. To have missed it would have been heartbreaking. She is a trooper and fully supports all my car related interests. Thank heavens for that. When not feeling up to snuff and on the verge of not going, she kept pushing me, as well as 3 of my good friends that took time out of their lives and traveled the two hours to Boston to help me get in the show and set up the display. Great friends = Priceless.

Now keep in mind, this car was not built to be a Show Car. It was built to drive, and drive it I will. But, being fresh I wanted to show it off. This may very well be the first and last indoor show it ever does.

So, how did it go you ask? Well, I was absolutely blown away by the response the car got from spectators, participants and even the judges that took the time to check it out, ask questions and showed appreciation for what I did.

At the end of the show and the awards ceremony I took home five different awards.

First in class.
      Outstanding Custom.
      Outstanding Undercarriage.
      Outstanding Display.

And the one I will forever cherish the most....

The Master Builder Award. This goes to the best car that was built with little to no outside help. Meaning, home built.

I walked out of the awards ceremony stunned to say the least. Here are some pics of it at the show.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....

Very well done and certainly well deserved. Congratulations.

Tim john---

Well done! Congratulations!!!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Congratulation's ! Well deserving of the awards.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Geez, you needed a bigger truck to take all the awards home. Now, I suppose you'll have to add on to the house to display them. LOL Congratulations. You did very well. A really good day is just that. You'll have this story to tell for the rest of your life.

Country Flag: France
      Quote Originally Posted by HotRod47 View Post
      Now keep in mind, this car was not built to be a Show Car
      Well, if you ever decide to build a show car, they wil have to create a brand new show, just to keep up !

Your build is nothing short of OUTSTANDING, so these awards are right at home.

And I want to commend you for stepping up to the challenge and doing it. Something else to be proud of.

Nice work!!
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

The weather has finally changed form cold winter and snow, followed by lots of rain, into nice cruising weather. I now have almost 200 miles on the car and so far she is running great. I have a slight leak in the power steering line, and a little vibration in the driveline that needs to get figured out. But all in all for a complete nut and bolt built I am very happy with how things are going.

Yesterday I had John Jackson of Notstock Photography stop by and shoot my car. I wanted some killer photos of the car and I LOVE his style. this is just a sampling of what he did last night. He texted me these, waiting for the rest in an email.

I hope you dig them as much as I do.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....

Fantastic!!!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

John is very good. The 2nd and the last would be my pic for the wall. However, we watched your build and I'd be so happy with the accomplishment of the project that I would have a smile everytime I thought about it. Maybe for the rest of my life.

What a beautiful car !! Congratulations on the awards and for making the show, well deserved.

Wow, I had not realized how long it had been since I updated this build thread! I will start by saying that time has flown by and I have been amazed at the reactions and am in awe of reception that the little blue Maverick has gotten. If you have followed this build then you know that my goal wasn't a "show car". I built the nicest car I could by myself out of a back yard garage. But the goal was simple, this was/is to be my now 16 year old daughters car. While that is still the end goal, she has now proclaimed that dad got a little too carried away with it and is afraid to drive it. Lol.... She doesn't want to be the first to scratch/damage the car. So, for now I am having a blast with it, fixing a few minor bugs and holding onto the keys. I think in another year or so when it isn't as "fresh" as it is now she will come around. She does love it and beams with pride each and every time I drive it or take it to shows.

I put just short of 900 miles on it this summer. May not seem much to some of you. But I'm happy and proud of them, each and every one of them. She runs great all in all. I have an odd vibration I am trying to figure out, but beyond that its been all good news.

As for the car shows, after Boston which I posted above it was time to put it on the street. I did a couple local one day shows and was pleased, albeit a little surprised when being bestowed a couple Best of Show trophies. Then on the the Goodguys Rhinebeck event, there I was selected for the Ford in a Ford pick, as well as a Builders Choice Top 10. A few weeks later my daughter and I took it to the Syracuse Nationals and of the roughly 9000 cars was selected for another Builders Choice Top 5! Hannah couldn't get the smile off her face for a week! In September I went to the NSRA Northeast Nats in VT, there I learned that this car doesn't do much for the older "street rod" guys, but was none the less selected by Wings Callahan for his award. Lastly, I took the car down to Charlotte, NC for the Godguys Nats in October at Charlotte Motor Speedway. There I was selected by the Goodguys staff for their Fuel Curve pick which was followed by a two plus hour photo shoot to be printed on the Fuel Curve web site and in the GG Gazette! Then on Saturday Kyle Tucker from Detroit Speed selected my car for one of his Builders Choice Top 10 picks! There were some super nice cars for him to choose from, I was a bit numb after this. We then got to do a track cruise which was a blast. Not every day a guy like me gets to do 80 mph around Charlotte Motor Speedway in your home built toy.

So the car is parked for the cold CT winter. I have a couple things to attend to on it. Then in late February I will be traveling to Detroit to display in the Detroit Autorama. This is a "bucket list" thing for me. Honestly, even if I walk out with 5th place in my class I will be happy. I have been to this event twice as a spectator and have been in awe of the size and scope of this event. To have something I built able to complete on this level even once will be worth the time and effort. Two weeks later I will be heading off to the Piston Powered Autorama in Cleveland, OH. After that, my indoor show scene will end. While the car is still super nice I figure what the hell, show it while I can.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....

Glenn,

All the awards are well deserved. This is a really cool car. What your daughter needs is a 67 Cougar project :-) A sixteen year old girl should be driving a car with something sticking out of the hood!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Saw this car at Goodguy's in Rhinebeck, the car is stunning, all the awards are truly deserved..

I meant to mention this a month ago. Your comment about the NSRA nats isn't entirely correct. Your car's pic is in Street Scene. That doesn't happen unless lot's of people like it. I assure you that people admired your work whether they like mav's or not.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com