Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

TKO 600 in a 2nd gen (NEED PARTS???)

I have a new tko 600 that Im wanting to put into a 2nd gen SBC. It has a 26 spline output shaft, My car was orig a 4spd car so I have the pedals and thats it. What else do i need to complete this project I.E crossmember,driveshaft,bellhousing. Also where can I purchase these items. Thanks!

crossmember, driveshaft, clutch, clutch linkage, bellhousing, speedo cable/gear...thats all I can think of.

crossmember--keisler engineering is who I used. there's also classic motorsports. Both are quality pieces.

driveshaft--once it's in, measure and contact a shop like inland empire to have one cut.

linkage--can either use stock zbar linkage, or move to a hydraulic setup. Most people use or sell a modified 4th gen fbody setup.

clutch--if you can't find a clutch, I can't help you haha

speedo cable/gear--stock cable can be used, gear...contact one of those two shops, they'll be able to help you.

Pilot bearing--you need to swap the stock brass bushing out for a roller bearing. this is very important and will probably kill your tranny over time if you don't do this.

bellhousing--can use a stock 4speed housing, need to make sure the mounting surface is in spec.

Again, either keisler or classic can help with all of this in like 10 seconds. They'll have everything you need. Pick your favorite and give 'em a call.

Cool Thanks!!

tunnel hump

Good reply above. Also, since you have a factory 4-speed car, it will have the shifter hole offset to the left. We manufacture an external offset shifter called ClassicFit that is a very economical way to get the shifter handle location correct.

If you were to send us your TKO, we can do a much better customization process called PerfectFit that places the entire shifter mechanism offset, just as original. It has completely symmetric shifter geometry and throws which cannot be achieved when doglegging the shifter stub to the left like the ClassicFit. Either way, it gets the job done.

We also have a gen2 Fcar handle for the TKO that emulates the original Hurst handle (round shank, taper neck, 3/8-16 thread), but is height-corrected for the higher shifter stub mount that the TKO requires. If you use an aftermarket hurst/bm shifter handle, the knob will sit almost 2 inches higher than stock.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com