Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Anyone looking for an F body 700R4, I suggest G-Force.

I bought a G-Force cross member a long while back and just got around to installing it.

It's for a 700R4 install into a 68 Camaro coupe.

I really like the fit and finish of the cross member. Fits nice, good hardware and instructions, durable finish and with the Energy Suspension mount is a very solid piece.

Haven't drove it yet, and can't for a while, but the install was nice and appears to have plenty of room for exhaust and is a heavy duty piece.
      Thomas

Spare Change: 68 Camaro, 300hp/350ci, 700R4

Country Flag: United States
      That's good news. Thanks for the feedback. Plenty of exhaust clearance?

I can't say for sure on the exhaust as the sub frame is out of the car. It does seem to have some good clearance though, as the the sides are pretty tight to the body and about 1/2" thick.

If you look at the header collector looking forward, it's a straight shot back under the cross member arms, so I'll say there is quite a bit of clearance. You could probably get the exhaust within 3/4" of the body with not trouble.

The thing I'm really happy about is that it will fit the 4L60E!

I'll see about getting some pictures.
      Thomas

The picture is upside down, so the frame rail on the right is actually the drivers side. Looking from behind the cross member up to the header collector you can sort of see how much clearance there is. Borla SS headers mounted to a SBC.
      Thomas

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com