View Poll Results: Are you interested in a paddle shifter setup?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes very much so!

44 86.27%
  • No if you are going to shift get a stick.

7 13.73%
  • Who cares as long as it runs.

0 0%

Thread: Paddle shifter

Default Paddle shifter

I am looking to find if the new six speed auto trans like the 6L80e can be hooked up with that New paddle shifter kit. If not what would it take to get this developed as I have interest for 9 possible conversions (not looky lews these people have cash to spend) but don't want to wait months if not years to have it available.

Mike

Country Flag: United States

Give www.Twistmachine.com a try. This is who I will be ordering from. Top of the line IMHO.

Do I here group buy?...Steve?

The paddle shifter is the easy part since it's really just a fancy looking two channel switch. We can supply an adapter harness to the GM harness. Tuning is also easy. High performance torque converters are available.

The challenge is usually fitment. As long as you have a plan for mounting (tunnel clearance, pinion angle, ground clearance, etc.), we can help with the rest.

We can do a Mastershift for you, we are doing two of them right now and we are doing them in all the new 2010 Fesler Moss Camaros as well. They are super fun and you can do them on a automatic or stick.
    Chris Fesler
    602-953-8944

Fesler Built - Scottsdale, AZ

www.feslerbuilt.com, www.feslerbillet.com, www.feslerdesigns.com

I've been looking into the paddle shifters as well.

Steve at Twist. Some day I'll get beyond the test fit of them to the column that I did this week. I've been waiting for the car season to slow down here before I installed the 80e and these shifters in my TA. I've got one more major car event, then it goes in the shop so we can get started on it. So far the quality and fit has been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fesler built View Post
    you can do them on a automatic or stick.
    auto or stick? How does it work on the stick?

Got a link?
    67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Default 6L80/90E Hydramatic 6-Speed

Mike,

We are planning to release a Keisler kit for the 6L80/90 series units this year. The purpose is so that you can run a drivetrain dropout 6L series late model automatic in standalone mode. Currently, the only way to run the 6L family is to use the factory engine/trans controller.

Our paddle shifter with integrated intelligent display will be a standard accessory as it is with all of our GM, Mopar and Ford automatics kits now.

Shafi
    KEISLER Engineering Leader in Musclecar Overdrive Transmissionswith more than 14,000 units sold
    Introducing the KEISLER Rallye Sport RS 5-Speed - Ultimate Shift Quality, Fit & Affordability
    Check us out on Chop Cut Rebuild on SPEED !
    Newsletter Archives - Great Reading!
    featured in December 2009 Hot Rod "Kuda with a K"
    Keisler TV - 100+ vids of tech, product, install and driving !!

We can do auto or stick, just a different box to control the units, when you shift at the wheel it wont shift the car untill you push the clutch, very very cool unit and everyone that sees it ask how in the hell does it work. I will try to get some pics up very soon
    Chris Fesler
    602-953-8944

The manual system he speaks of replaces your regular shifter and linkage if used with a cable actuated system. They are just as pricey as they are cool.
    http://www.mastershift.com/
    Sean

The difference between stupidity and genius.... genius has limits

Has anyone had any experience with the TCI TCU setup and their paddle shift attachment? Other than being a little pricey this seems to be pretty much a plug and play operation as long as you have and elec. tranny.

I'd highly recommend the Twist Machine setup. I went that route and am very happy. Top notch support from the vendor that spearheaded Paddle shifters for classic cars. It is a plug and play setup along with some nice configuration / tweaking options.

I have the TCI contol and Twist paddles. Hook up is pretty easy. One weatherpak connector, one switched power lead for the receiver, a ground for it. You need one more switched power wire for the manual/auto switch and the last wire from the receiver goes to the other side of the switch.

And if you are confused like I was Steve will core to the phone and help. Thumbs up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by KEISLER View Post
    Mike,

We are planning to release a Keisler kit for the 6L80/90 series units this year. The purpose is so that you can run a drivetrain dropout 6L series late model automatic in standalone mode. Currently, the only way to run the 6L family is to use the factory engine/trans controller.

Our paddle shifter with integrated intelligent display will be a standard accessory as it is with all of our GM, Mopar and Ford automatics kits now.

Shafi
    Shafi,

Will your stand alone controller interface with 6L80/90's internal controller and be able to convert GM's gear position PID's so that in auto mode paddle shifter display would display gear and then when shifting on fly from auto mode to manual mode display gear (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) transmission is in?

Since GM's controller reads transmission temp would your controller be able to read that Pid and display trans temp on your paddle shifter's display, without having to have a separate temp sending unit installed?

I can read and display the gear PID's and temp Pid's output via OBDII port with a DashDAQ unit, but no place to mount it. Same problem trying to mount transmission temp gage.

If your unit can do that, you've solved problems most of us have trying to use TU/TD shifter or PU/PD Paddles.

Seems all the Paddle makers with displays say they can display gear position, until I ask them if they can do it if I go to manual mode from auto mode on the fly. Then they tell me no, as they can only keep up with gear position from a dead stop take off.

We have a kit for these already and are working on one for the new 2010 Camaros right now, will also work with Dodge and Ford as well with some mods. I will get some pics but this is the same unit we use in our blazer and mustang. They are sick and kick ass and you dont need a shifter unit to operate them. You can add one but you donít need it.
    Chris Fesler
    602-953-8944