Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loved and Lost....cars of course

As I looked at my signature, it reminds me of the vehicles I have had to pass along mid build to others due to circumstances relatively out of my control.....I was wondering what vehicles others had lost that they wish they had of finished....
      1969 Camaro SS <-- rust bucket sold after I lost my storage
      1980 Malibu (rust free) <-- Sold when I had to move from MI to NC
      1991 Camaro Convertible <-- Sold to pay for renovations to the ultimate project......a house w. a garage!

Anyone else?

1969 Camaro Sold
      1970 Chevy K20 250 I6 w/3 on the tree
      1985 Peugeot Turbo 4cyl. w/5 speed (in a garage for a while now)
      1991 Camaro Conv. (For sale)
      2003 Saturn L200 5 Speed

I got one from the last 4 decades....not too shabby!

Country Flag: United States
      1970 GS350 4 speed with PDB a tilt column and manual steering....just so bloody weird. Found out that these cars are now going for serious $$$$$, it was a blast to drive too.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

my 69 GTO.. but i got an offer i could not refuse..

man i loved that car..

My 69 camaro Z28 sold to buy a condo 14 years ago
      69 nova sold as I had it at my sisters house and she did not wanted their
      69 El camino gave it to a neighbor kid as his first car and keep him out of trouble.

68 vw (first car) gave to a friend as I bought a new car and did not car about her. Now I kick my self every time I see.
      ---------Fabian Sanchez-----------
      71 velle Project Syckness ATS,Rushforth wheels,PRRC, Autometer,UMI, Hotchkis,QA1,hood-latches.com, comp cams,

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43881

I've gone through a lot of cars - most of them I wish I had today.

In 1980 I traded a running '68 Camaro for a floor jack. I still have it, I call it my Camaro jack :-)

Tom

I had a neighbor who used to offer my roommate and I a really straight and running 67 Chevelle for $1500 in '91. We were college kids so we didn't have $1500. It was a Saturday when I told my Dad about it and he handed me $1500. I got home just in time to watch the new owner drive away.

1badchevelle...I had a 68 VW too. I was afraid to even admit it until you did. I dumped more money in that thing! It would beat 5.0 Mustangs all day long. I sold it to before mentioned roommate for $1000 so he could have a toy too. 6 weeks later he sold it for $3000 without doing the right thing and offering it back. I still find parts in my Dads shop.
      Tim Tracy
      68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
      68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
      67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

Quote Originally Posted by TT302Z28 View Post
      I had a neighbor who used to offer my roommate and I a really straight and running 67 Chevelle for $1500 in '91. We were college kids so we didn't have $1500. It was a Saturday when I told my Dad about it and he handed me $1500. I got home just in time to watch the new owner drive away.

1badchevelle...I had a 68 VW too. I was afraid to even admit it until you did. I dumped more money in that thing! It would beat 5.0 Mustangs all day long. I sold it to before mentioned roommate for $1000 so he could have a toy too. 6 weeks later he sold it for $3000 without doing the right thing and offering it back. I still find parts in my Dads shop.
      Well MY vw had 911 motor in it that surprised the hell off everyone that I raced. That was done buy my uncle when I got it.

When I gave it away he replaced it with a 1886 dual carb set up. I have first dibs on the car if he ever needs to sell. He has done a lot of work on it over the last 10 years. I am 29 now and wish I had this car and the 69 camaro back everyday.
      ---------Fabian Sanchez-----------
      71 velle Project Syckness ATS,Rushforth wheels,PRRC, Autometer,UMI, Hotchkis,QA1,hood-latches.com, comp cams,

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43881

1973 Dodge Challenger 340-4sp car with manual steering and a pistol grip. It was the Camaro or the Challenger, and the Challenger lost since it was not yet a reliable daily driver. As above, school first, cars second. Well, maybe third depending on how good looking the girlfriend was at the time.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

1958 TR3 to buy college books.
      1958 Impala conv, 348 tri-power to pay tuition.

Sigh
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

First car was an 87 Camaro with an anemic 305, but it was a great car, I still want to do a PT style build of that car with the same color scheme and an LS engine. I also had a Y2K LS1 Camaro that I miss daily.
      Stephen

My first car was a 66 Chevelle SS 4 spd had it from Christmas 1971 until April 72, I sold it to buy my best car ever a 69 X33 Z28 Red with black stripes 14000 mi.. I sold that in 74for a 73 LT RS z28 5,000 mi ( BIG MISTAKE ) I was so sorry after the swap. The 73 was a beautiful car but couldn't hold a candle to the 69. I still cry over that. I was looking through some old papers and found the bill of sale from when I traded the Chevelle for the 69 Z28.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

72 Gran Torino Sport. Had been storing it in my parents barn and rats trashed the interior. Sold it to a guy, who wanted to use it for a race car, for $100 in early 90s. Didn't have anywhere to put it as my parents were getting ready to have the barn tore down and didn't want to deal with it at the time. Been looking, off and on, for the past several years for another.
      Roger

69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

Freedom Of Speed!

65 Malibu SS (Crocus Yellow) that I had when I was in college (the first time).

It was in my dad's name, though, and while I was off at boot camp it got to the point where he needed to declare bankruptcy, and could only keep two cars -- and my Chevelle wasn't one of them. In hindsight, I should have had him put it in my name before I shipped out, but how was I to know? No idea how much he got for it.

77 Lancia Scorpion. Slower than molasses, but still a joy to drive. Wrecked in 86.

My 1969 GTO. Loved that car. I took apart every single thing on it at one time or another. Sold it in 1982, then tried to buy it back later. He was smarter than me, and wouldn't sell it.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

I've loved them all, but have no selling regrets. I tend to upgrade
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

1964 Ford F-100 pickup. Two-tone white and green. I-6 with column shift. Loved that thing.

Sold it because I thought it would be "cooler" to have a 4x4 and bought the most crap-tastic vehicle I have ever owned. A '76 Chevy 1/2-ton shortbox 4x4 with a hack-job lift. I think I spent as much money in a year keeping that thing running as I did to purchase it.

Sold the truck and bought a Fiat X-19 which I drove for a 1.5 years without so much as popping the engine cover while saving money to buy and build a '69 Cougar. Just put gas in the Fiat and drove it. Never once let me down.

Sold the Fiat and bought the Cougar. I miss that car too.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

69 Z28, rally green with white stripes, matching numbers. Did a frame off resto on it. Sold it when I thought the market had peaked. Got that one wrong...
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

'71 Camaro SS 350 (RPO Z27) - flipped after bitch backed out in front of me, doing the speed limit on the way to work.

'70 Monte SS 454 (RPO Z20) - sold to be debt-free before marriage
      1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura
      389/TH400, Wide-Track Darksider
      Bars, springs, disc brakes, etc.

1962 Falcon 2-dr
      "just getting started"

A 77 Fiat X1/9 was one of my first cars also.. Love that thing, was hoping they would make a come back.. Remeber going through the drive thru's reving the hell out that thing.. It would pop flames out the tail pipe when you backed off it at about 6,000 rpm...LOL I gave that Car hell...

I have had too many vehicles to list through the years, but it seems to be the simpliest ones I miss the most.. A 1978 Olds Cutlass Supreme with the bumpers and trim removed. This car had plain steel wheels, and in brown primer.. The kicker is, I put a 70 Model Olds 455 and 400 trans in it.. Perfect sleeper car...

I had a 84 Volvo 240 4 door sedan.. Another perfect sleeper... It had a nice 350 Chevy and turbo 350 trans.. Kept it looking stock all the way down to the tail pipe.. It was such an easyinstall even the automatic shifter hooked up. Hell, the Volvo Power Steering lines hooked up to the chevy pump, the trans crossmember and mount worked, no cutting. Just had to make engine stands, and mate the driveshafts... I never checked into the volvo gear ration, but it was lowww...ha ha
      Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 08-25-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Junior in high school, in between jobs and blew the tranny outta my 1967 Firebird 400 that was in primer with a "Grumpy" style hood scoop....My dad gave me a Suburban for it, fixed the tranny, my Brother painted it and a classmate bought it and still has it last I heard.... (Sigh) I miss that one...
      Kurt G
      Las Vegas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com