Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Restoration Show on History Channel

Motorheads is a new show coming on tonight on the History Channel, I have not seen it but will know before long if its any good seeing as it comes on in an hour and a half and then again 3 hours later.

In the fast-paced world of auto restoration, three friends have combined their talents to create a business called Motorheads. They're known for taking the absolute worst broken down vehicles, and bringing them back to life by turning them into automotive masterpieces. The high-pressure work of restoring cars has the guys at Motorheads on edge 24/7. But their greatest challenge is remaining friends while trying to run their business.

Sounds pretty cool.

Thanks for the heads up. Viewing is 9pm and 1am here.

Already missed the 9pm. I'm DVRing the 1am so I'll have an opinion for you tomorrow. :p

Country Flag: United States
      Sorry to say, I am disappointed in the program.. Alot of staged B.S. Plus the fact that it takes for what appears to be hours to get a 302 ford running? Stressing over a crappy carburator not knowing if that is the problem. What trouble shooting skills...ha ha

And apparently they dont test fit their body parts before paint...How professional is that..? And a crappy two-tone paint scheme...Wow
      Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 08-24-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Another LETDOWN!!!!!

They are trying to say that truck is worth 35 to 40,000 dollars..Are they joking..?

I lasted 10 minutes. Enough was enough.
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

I could have had that truck running in 10min. They prefaced the build by stating how simple & basic the truck and then apparently took hours to fire it, what a joke.
      Not a fan of the paint scheme but to each his own.
      I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Orange County Choppers with more drama than building cool stuff. I'll see how the next few episodes go before I dump it!
      Tom Koontz

I thought I'd be the only one not to like it. How can you go through an entire build and not notice the bent frame?? Then, after all of the time, money and work, they don't replace the air filter??
      Robert Banks

Another drama show.OCC all over.Watched the first few minutes and back to the garage.No thanks History Channel.

I'd have to say I loved it NOT. Come on, their painter has 25 years in doing this kind of work and he messes up PRIMERING parts 3 times Are you kidding me???? :bsjerk:
      Rick

Ha Ha.. it is staged as bad as the program Operation Repro on true tv.... Staged staged staged.. I guarantee you the painter will be back next week, because they have kind hearts....

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
      Ha Ha.. it is staged as bad as the program Operation Repro on true tv.... Staged staged staged.. I guarantee you the painter will be back next week, because they have kind hearts....

You mean the hillbilly I just saw in a cut off tee chasing the muscle bound boy around with a shovel was fake?! ;) "Lets go to the neighbor's they've got shotguns." Then they just stand there kicking dirt. :bsjerk:

oh man, you guys ruined it for me. I was all hyped. Maybe I shouldn't watch it.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

I finally paid attention to the text at the beginning of the Operation Repo show, it basically says it is a renactment..

It is sad to say these so called reality shows are scripted.. It seems the producers would know how phony it all appears..

It really hurts to watch...
      Todd S.

"I like to race school buses..."

at least their friends corvette sounded alright lol. Ya, just watched it. What a joke.

Bad paint scheme. Owner realy looked disappointed when he first looked at it. firewall was still brown. frame bent painter that cant paint (I bet thats not scripted I delt with a few of them this past winter) And Oh wow another hot headed Meat Head.

But Ill watch it like its a train wreck or more so like a comedy
      Nothing says "I built this" better than tool marks and dykem blue..

Follow my 3 link build. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61592

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
      That was my thought exactly. I tried watching that show a couple times and just couldn't do it, "reality" tv my arse.
      Robert Banks

Quote Originally Posted by 67 ls1 vert View Post
      oh man, you guys ruined it for me. I was all hyped. Maybe I shouldn't watch it.

Watching paint dry would be more productive. Calculating your taxes would be more enjoyable.

I'll go back to overhauling and all of the asshattery.

Honestly, I don't know why I have cable any more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com