Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

RIP Bruce Rossmeyer

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/in...ssmeyer-killed

What a shame. Bob Johnson called and told me someone he knew was in Sturgis and had called him to tell him this. For those that don't know who this is, he owned Daytona Harley Davidson and several other HD dealerships.

Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

It is a sad day. I have worked with the Rossmeyer's on several of their dealerships and I can say that they are good peep's. Bruce was a true entreprenuer in every sense of the word and a very charitable person. He will be missed.

RIP Bruce.

It is big new round these parts. Talk about someone that had everything to live for! Great guy, died doing what he loved I guess.

RIP Bruce.

I heard about this on a Buell forum. Very sad news indeed.

Watch for bikers folks, please. Check your mirrors and blind spots when changing lanes.

His Buell 1125R team is doing great in AMA and I hope the bring home the championship in his honor this season.

RIP Bruce.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      I heard about this on a Buell forum. Very sad news indeed.

Watch for bikers folks, please. Check your mirrors and blind spots when changing lanes.

His Buell 1125R team is doing great in AMA and I hope the bring home the championship in his honor this season.

RIP Bruce.
      Very sad. I agree, please remember to look for those of us who like two wheels as well as four. And for those who ride, please remember to ride smart.

"Rossmeyer was the last in line and was killed when the RV strayed into his lane and struck his motorcycle."

Of course, I wasn't there and so cannot comment directly on the accident, but it sounds to me like he stayed too close to the RV when he passed. Yes, this would still be the RV driver's fault, but as my mom likes to say, there is such a thing as "dead right." When passing, pull out wide so you are visible and to give your self the most time in the case of a need to react. As you pull out, accelerate to get by the slower vehicle quickly, then get back in your lane. Whatever you do, don't dawdle, and stay out of the other vehicle's blind spot!

Again, my sympathies to his friends and family.

Shiny Side Up!
      Bill
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

I've been to Daytona HD many times when younger. Very fun place to go during Bike Week.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

RIP.

I was knocked down once due to an inattentive driver. Lucky I had full leathers on. And nobody else ran me over! Yes, there is a lot of attention required when riding.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

RIP Bruce

I got forced out of my lane and onto the median of the freeway this past Monday by a guy in a BMW on the phone changing lanes (he was going faster than me so he put ME in his blind spot), so I decided to drive my truck to work all week. I think the bike will be for sale soon. It's just not worth it.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

RIP

Riding is all about defense, every time you get on it you need to think of the people that don't have a clue.
      Or they will get you dead!

We just left from Deadwood S.D. 2 day's before this happened.
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com