Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by TraviZ28 View Post
      im using a stock alternator from an 89 iroc which is a 4 pin plug I believe but I only have the main battery cable running to the stud of coarse and one ignition wire running to the 4wire plug. and it works fine, no load sensing wire and no 'low voltage' to dashboard wire.
      Sounds like this works!

Hopefully it works for me too...

The few, the proud, the crazy... the LT1 owners.

Country Flag: United States
      69LT1Nova - sounds like you have a totally different problem than I have. Yours sounds to be on constantly, mine has a different voltage from the key in on position compared to off. Off should be 0, but I have .43v.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      69LT1Nova - sounds like you have a totally different problem than I have. Yours sounds to be on constantly, mine has a different voltage from the key in on position compared to off. Off should be 0, but I have .43v.
      Yeah, sounds like you got some sort of funky backfeed in your system from something... I wouldn't doubt it... I had an '80 El Camino that had all sorts of "interesting" electrical problems I had to fix. Those A/G bodies SUCKED for wiring.

FYI - a majority of my previous electrical problems in the Elky stemmed from the flexible PCB that feeds all the in-dash gauges/lighting. Not cheap to replace though...

I have a couple of extra flexible circuits I will try a different one when I take it apart to replace some dash lights. I also have extra gauges to try too. Hopefully that fixes it.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Have you seen this sight.....they don't mention buzzing but it does seem like others are having some issues when using different alternators.

http://www.montecarloss.com/communit...=182653&page=1

and

http://www.montecarloss.com/communit...&Number=493219

-

Quote Originally Posted by 69LT1Nova View Post
      John also went on to say that the Camaro did not have this wire and that it is not needed to operate the alternator correctly. So... I'm going to try removing this wire from the connector and winding some electrical tape around it and loop it back into the wire loom to hide it. Hopefully this works... I'll be monitoring the whole deal with my multimeter and the car's voltage gauge. Dead batteries suck!
      Update: it has been a couple of weeks since I cut the wire going to the F terminal. This fixed my problem! Woo-hoo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com