Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Pro-Touring '65 Galaxie: Project MyGal

If you have read any of my other threads about the Galaxie, then you know how much the car means to me. My Grandfather bought it new in '65 and sold it to my Father for $1 when he graduated from college. Well, this past May, I graduated from college and my Dad sold it to me for $1. Every time I sit in the car it brings back memories. Hell just getting a whiff of the old leather seats brings back memories from my childhood. Some of you know what it is like to have a car that you will never sell, nor even think about selling. That is what this car is to me. It might not be worth anything to you all here, but I would rather have it than the '69 Camaro that my dad has had for 16 years now.

Anyhoo, this thread will serve as my Official Build Thread for the car. It will be a long process, but I am going to try to keep the car on the road as much as possible during the build.

The car: 1965 Ford Galaxie 500, 2 door, 352 FE, 3 on the tree, bench seat, stock 9" rear. It is your run of the mill Galaxie, but it came with a decent chrome package. The plans for the car will probably change throughout the build, so I will not compile a big list of parts. Just keep in mind that I want a good Pro-Touring build with the same type of performance as everybody else, just in a bigger car. I am also heavily influenced by the minimalist and streetfighter build types.

I will post pictures and info as I go, so feel free to ask questions or comment along the way.

It has been a long time coming, but here goes!

Picture of my Grandpa sitting in it:

Picture of my uncle standing beside it:
      JC Scott

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com