Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wallaka View Post
      Haha, ran into the same problem on my Monterey. 2002 Crown Vic Police Interceptor front springs are a pretty good drop (not into the weeds like your photoshop though!), and stiffen it up quite a bit. Just in case you needed something to get you by until you bag it.
      The stance doesn't bother me right now. It will be corrected when I do the suspension. As of now I am not planning on bagging the car. It was a thought at one point, but I'm not gonna go that route. The photoshop in my sig was the direction I wanted to go for the color scheme, but I'm leaning back towards keeping the car dark blue now....

JC Scott

Have you checked out the Galaxie web site. I have gotten lots of info and a few parts from these guys. http://galaxieclub.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DentPimp View Post
      Have you checked out the Galaxie web site. I have gotten lots of info and a few parts from these guys. http://galaxieclub.com/
      Seen this before.... seems like they are more into sitting by their car during car shows which is not for me. I think they mostly deal in restoration type parts. Thank you for the link though.
      JC Scott

Little update.... haven't worked on the car in quite a while. I got married in June, so that has pretty much taken up the last year of my life, as it should have. I'm in a rental house right now with a garage, so I'm working on getting the car over to my new house, but I have to keep my priorities in order right now.....

Here is a photoshop that Formula did for me a few months ago.... I like it alot!
      JC Scott

you might want to rethink the chrome work in your rendering !

I 'm working on a 66 , my buddy is working on a 65.

I called around to get some rechroming quotes and HOLY!

One of the only good places around me quoted me out at over two grand for just my bumpers and hood strip!

Now i'm thinking i'll end up stripping and filling the chrome bits and painting them a flat dark grey to match the wheels that i've picked.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
      ....... i'm thinking i'll end up stripping and filling the chrome bits and painting them a flat dark grey to match the wheels that i've picked.
      BINGO! This is what I had planned on doing (except a lighter silver). Luckily most of the "chrome" pieces on this car are actually stainless..... except for the grill, which is aluminum.....
      JC Scott

Nice chop.

What about powder coating the trim? I think they have some very close to chrome choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Nice chop.

What about powder coating the trim? I think they have some very close to chrome choices.
      awesome suggestion. I had no idea that they did chrome bonded 2 stage powder now.

I'm going to take one of my spare trim pieces over to a local powder coater and see how it turns out. I will post pics when i get it back.

according to jc's current plan, all of the trim will most likely be powdered semigloss silver.

Quote Originally Posted by formula View Post
      according to jc's current plan, all of the trim will most likely be powdered semigloss silver.
      from what i can ascertain, the bonded chrome powder, when done right gives the appearance of a brushed or duller polished aluminum finish. the " chrome" terminology that they use is a little misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by formula View Post
      Most of the trim is stainless, so I'll probably just use some elbow grease and clean them up. The chrome bumpers will be replaced with fiberglass ones and painted a light silver color. The only pieces I'll have to work on will be the badges (depending on which one I keep) and the headlight/taillight trim which are chrome plated. The drip rails, window trim, side and bottom trim are all stainless steel....
      JC Scott

Ordered this Master Cylinder about a month ago..... I didn't feel like fooling with the balancebar set up just yet. I want to get the corner weights dialed in before I spend countless hours tuning the brake system. I also ordered this proportioning valve for the rear circuit....

Right now I'm just slowly plumbing the brake system when I get time off from life/hunting/work/everything else.

These are the only things I lack to be finished and have the car back on the road:

-Lower radiator hose
      -Clevis for the brake pushrod to pedal connection
      -Put all of the dash wiring back together...... lol
      JC Scott

If you still need a clevis, check this out: linky

I used one of their power conversions. It needed a little massaging, but it works great.
      -Dave

Project George - '66 Ford Galaxie 500 fastback

Working on interior, body and paint now.
      Forged 306/C4. Collecting turbo parts for TT setup.

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
      If you still need a clevis, check this out: linky

I used one of their power conversions. It needed a little massaging, but it works great.
      Any idea what the thread pattern and hole size are? Hell I don't even know offhand what the Wilwood pushrod's thread count and size are.....
      JC Scott

honestly, I don't know. I bought their fullsize ford master & booster kit. Like i said, i did have to modify it a bit, and I opted to not use the factory brake light switch in order to get one of the many hot wires out from under the dash. i used the switch off the wilwood adjustable proportioning valve that i used. I'm sure a quick call to wilwood will get you your answer and pirate jack's responds pretty quickly to emails.

The pirate jack's kit was less than half of what ssbc, ebc, etc kits were and if i ever want to switch masters, it'll be pretty easy.
      -Dave

Project George - '66 Ford Galaxie 500 fastback

Working on interior, body and paint now.
      Forged 306/C4. Collecting turbo parts for TT setup.

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...ition/1267559/

This video made me chuckle a little bit..... Especially at the end when Jay does the "fly by".

If only Hotchkis would come out with this kit..... Says in the middle of the video, while they're interviewing John Hotckis, that these cars only came with 0-1 deg of positive caster.... even worse that the UCA's can be swapped from one side to the other lol.

Video gives me many ideas... most of which I will probably never be able to financially accomplish though!
      JC Scott

Country Flag: Australia
      Keep the faith JC. Fullsize forever!

Not sure if I missed it but what wheels are those? Nice job so far and I really like how the car has been in your family since new.

I'm not a Ford guy but if I were to get one, it would be a Galaxie! Had a friend that had one growing up and love the looks! Can wait to see your updates!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
      Keep the faith JC. Fullsize forever!
      Amen brother! lol

Quote Originally Posted by BPDRacing View Post
      Not sure if I missed it but what wheels are those? Nice job so far and I really like how the car has been in your family since new.
      Wheels are Summit Legend 18's..... Very inexpensive compared to most aftermarket wheels I could find. I think i've got like $650 in the wheels, $40 in tires, & another $100 in lugs/stems/balance/install. It was the cheapest thing I could find to get the car back rolling on the 13.5 inch front rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by workbenchracer View Post
      I'm not a Ford guy but if I were to get one, it would be a Galaxie! Had a friend that had one growing up and love the looks! Can wait to see your updates!
      Any idea what year it was? They're fun cars for sure...... it's hard to believe (well hard for me atleast since I'm only 25) that the Galaxie/LTD/Custom line was Ford's basic fullsize car in the 60's.... so that's like looking at the 2012 Taurus and saying that somebody might "restore it" in 2058 lol.

PS. Andy drove a galaxie!
      Name:  1964mayberry.jpg
Views: 1486
Size:  31.4 KB
      JC Scott

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com