Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      I am curious as to why you didn't just use a 13" cobra Rotor/spacer like vintage venom or steves mustang? Then you would just need to fab a caliper bracket for your application. Your stuff looks very cool but it sure doesn't look cheap.
      PBR makes the cobra brakes and corvette brakes..... I think the cobra design is based off of a C4.

JC Scott

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillz View Post
      PBR makes the cobra brakes and corvette brakes..... I think the cobra design is based off of a C4.
      I used the Brembo caliper on mine. How much did those hubs cost you? I have a 56 Ford that needs some discs and would probably need something like that.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

I used the Brembo caliper on mine. How much did those hubs cost you? I have a 56 Ford that needs some discs and would probably need something like that.
      Call Tobin @ Kore3 Industries..... They ran right at $350
      JC Scott

Call Tobin @ Kore3 Industries..... They ran right at $350
      Thanks!
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Thanks!
      Do realize that these were custom for my application and you might have to send Tobin your spindle and hub if it doesn't use the same dimensions that he has drawings or records of....
      JC Scott

Do realize that these were custom for my application and you might have to send Tobin your spindle and hub if it doesn't use the same dimensions that he has drawings or records of....
      Yes I do. I had never heard of the company and just checked out their website. On my 56 I don't feel like re-engineering the whole front end or MII kits so the fact I could get a custom hub is pretty appealing. There are kits for the standard Granada spindle, 11" rotor, single piston caliper available but I was thinking along similar lines of what you did and use the Brembo rotor and PBR caliper. I just didn't know who did that kind of thing.
      Last edited by fordsbyjay; 02-01-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: grammar
      See my build

Jason

Yes I do. I had never heard of the company and just checked out their website. On my 56 I don't feel like re-engineering the whole front end or MII kits so the fact I could get a custom hub is pretty appealing. There is kits for the standard Granada spindle, 11" rotor, single piston caliper available but I was thinking along the same lines of what you did. I just didn't know who did that kind of thing.
      Do some poking around the disc brake forum and you can gauge how smart Tobin is. He is highly recomended by many people on this site, and now I know why. I'm not sure if he makes good money off of the custom applications, but I'd probably still be sitting with my thumb up my ass if I didn't call him, and that speaks volumes for any aftermarket auto company....
      JC Scott

Update

I've been trying to stay motivated during the cold weather, but it is hard when my car is outdoors. The following is what I've done or had done since my last update:

-Pulled all off the stock brake components off.
      -Pulled the axles out and had the overall hub flange diameter turned down to 5.90 inches.
      -Purchased new axle seals.
      -Knocked the wheel studs out of the axles and cleaned them up.
      -Measured the OD of the hub snout and sent the numbers off to Tobin so that he can make me a set of hub centric rings to center the new rotors.
      -Removed the stock ball joints from the driver's side (What a chore that was) and purchased new ball joints.
      -Purchased new wheel studs (ARP#100-7703)

The following is kind of a list of what all I need to do to finish the brakes:

-Install new ball joints and reinstall upright
      -Install new wheel studs
      -Install hub centric rings and complete the rear system install
      -Install front system
      -Size and purchase new wheels to clear the brakes
      -Size and purchase new master cylinders and complete balance bar assembly
      -Purchase new prop valve
      -Replumb entire brake system
      -Reinstall dash and interior (including pedal assembly)

I've still got a good bit to do and buy before the car will be back on the road, but it will start to move a little faster once the warmer weather sets in.....
      JC Scott

Making a little progress.... test fitting the brakes to check for clearances. No clearance problems as of yet, but I still need to install and setup the brakes to all of Kore3's tolerances and recomendations.

Here is what it is looking like.

JC Scott

Are 64 and 65 Galaxie spindles the same?
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by injcted View Post
      Are 64 and 65 Galaxie spindles the same?
      From what I gathered over at Ford Muscle, no, I don't think they are. I believe that 65-67 and maybe 68-70 were the same, but the 64's are different. There are already brake kits available for the 64's I believe......
      JC Scott

Got the backs installed, still need to torque everything down, but it's coming along nicely. I had to wait on some hub centric rings to be made by Tobin, and they turned out perfectly. I'm just glad the weather is getting warmer so that I can actually go outside and work.... maybe one day I will have a shop.... here's hoping!

Pics:

JC Scott

Looks good JC! I really like that you have kept the hub exposed for hub centric wheels! Nice attention to detail!
      Jon U.

1968 GTO - SC&C Suspension, Forgeline SO3 Wheels
      Build Thread
      1967 911 with a few mods

those look fantastic buddy, sorry I haven't been able to help out this weekend but I'm glad you've been making progress and that stuff is actually working for a change. Lookin' forward to checkin 'em out tonight.

I like the two-tone blue & black.

What the plans for the engine combo?

I have a nice 418 that would work well in it
      -Kyle Voss

Quote Originally Posted by vossperformance View Post
      What the plans for the engine combo?

I have a nice 418 that would work well in it
      I've really been looking at the new 5.0 that will be coming in the new mustangs..... Since the drivetrain will be one of the last things that I do, I've got some time to think about it. I still need to be looking for a good parts car to get a mock up frame so that I can design my suspension. Basically, it may be a few years before I spring for an engine... lol.
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Roadbuster View Post
      Looks good JC! I really like that you have kept the hub exposed for hub centric wheels! Nice attention to detail!
      Thanks Jon! I have to give credit to Tobin for that. It was his idea.
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 509chevelle View Post
      I like the two-tone blue & black.
      Thanks. Allkar chopped that one for me. I had a request just to have some wheels chopped on the car, but Allkar took it to the max and changed it to fit his liking. It really started to give me some ideas (ie. the blacked out grille and such). It has been interesting to me see my own likes/dislikes change throughout the last year or two....
      JC Scott

I haven't been able to do a whole lot the last few days. EVERYTHING IS COVERED IN POLLEN.

PLEASE JUST LET IT RAIN ALREADY!!!!!!
      JC Scott

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com