Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Daron View Post
      hello mate. Just joined the site. thanks to you and another galaxie lover. I recently bought my first classic. a 66 ford galaxie fastback with a strong 302. Its my daily driver right now . and I would like to keep it that way as long as possible.

the picure's you photoshopped BLEW MY MIND and have inspired me more then you can ever imagine. AWESOME build and cant wait for updates.

Thanks again for doing your build and knowing how to photoshop. because its like you knew exactly what i see in my minds eye. mhm
      here is a picture of mine right now.
      Hey Daron! Thanks for the kind words. Your car looks great! In some ways, (I hate to say it) but I almost like the lines on the 66's better than the 65's. These really are great cars. It just sucks that there isn't much "good" aftermarket support. Good luck with your new toy my friend!

JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
      Jc gets special thanks for being motivated to convince kore3 to develop a big brake kit for the 65/66 gals. brakes are going to be the one thing that I don't have to re-engineer to fit or spend 4 grand to put on my car.
      Completely wrong.... Tobin Knighton of Kore3 Industries gets the special thanks for helping me out in my journey. If it weren't for Tobin, my car would still be sitting in the driveway with me scratching my head.
      JC Scott

if only we could convince tobin to engineer some nice upper and lower control arms
      -Dave

Project George - '66 Ford Galaxie 500 fastback

Working on interior, body and paint now.
      Forged 306/C4. Collecting turbo parts for TT setup.

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

I guarantee Tobin has no desire to do that, but Marcus Savitske (SC&C) might.... He has a 1967 galaxie.
      JC Scott

speaking of suspension, i know you wanted adjustable strut rods that didnt bind.

check this out. http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/adjustable

same DIY will work for a galaxie.

I'm also going to measure the bolt spacing on the arm side mount to see if the DOM strut rod ends that speedway MFGs for circle track are the same bolt spacing. if so, making a set of non-binding adjustable strut rods should be possible for less than $100 for the pair.
      -Dave

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

thanks!

Cheapthrillz, just got the convertible setup with the new wheels. Just wanted to say thanks and post some specs for others that may have fitment questions. I know it helped me to search what everyone else had done. Don't mean to steal your thread, but I'm new to this forum posting stuff! Thanks for the help!

- 17x8 Rev Classics all around; Nitto NT555 235/45-17 on front and 245/45-17 on back. Bought the wheels from CustomWheelzntires online - great guys to work with!
      - 2" drop in front from CoilSpring Specialties - call them they'll make you custom springs.
      - rear springs are probably sagging a little, they're original!
      - 1 1/8" front sway bar from Addco
      - Scarebird front brake conversion with slotted PowerSlot rotors, '68 galaxie dual master, chevy s-10 calipers. - Still doesn't stop quite as quick as i'd like but big improvement.Name:  wheels 2.JPG
Views: 4327
Size:  145.9 KBName:  wheels.JPG
Views: 3110
Size:  591.4 KB

Nice to see others from little ole Greenwood SC on here, we need to start a club or something..... Oh wait I need to finish my car first

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
      speaking of suspension, i know you wanted adjustable strut rods that didnt bind.

check this out. http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/adjustable

same DIY will work for a galaxie.

I'm also going to measure the bolt spacing on the arm side mount to see if the DOM strut rod ends that speedway MFGs for circle track are the same bolt spacing. if so, making a set of non-binding adjustable strut rods should be possible for less than $100 for the pair.
      Absolutely! The first time I ever looked at the TCP front setup for a mustang, I knew heim joint strut rods were on my list of "things to do"
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 65galaxie View Post
      Cheapthrillz, just got the convertible setup with the new wheels. Just wanted to say thanks and post some specs for others that may have fitment questions. I know it helped me to search what everyone else had done. Don't mean to steal your thread, but I'm new to this forum posting stuff! Thanks for the help!

- 17x8 Rev Classics all around; Nitto NT555 235/45-17 on front and 245/45-17 on back. Bought the wheels from CustomWheelzntires online - great guys to work with!
      - 2" drop in front from CoilSpring Specialties - call them they'll make you custom springs.
      - Scarebird front brake conversion with slotted PowerSlot rotors, '68 galaxie dual master, chevy s-10 calipers. - Still doesn't stop quite as quick as i'd like but big improvement.
      Hey Scott. Glad I could help! Car looks great man! I wish mine were that far along... lol
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy30thz View Post
      Nice to see others from little ole Greenwood SC on here, we need to start a club or something..... Oh wait I need to finish my car first
      Sweet! I think that makes 4 from Greenwood and one from Due West! lol WE BIG TYMERS NOW!
      We should try to get into some auto crosses around town. I know a handfull of people that would be interested...
      JC Scott

Sorry I missed everybody's posts.... somehow I got unsubscribed to my own thread lol
      JC Scott

Love the build.. I know what it is like to build a off name hotrod.. I am not a ford guy but i would def rock a galaxie. i notice thier was a comment about no ebake, i run c5/c6 front and rear and i have big ford bearings with gm ends in my 9". i was having a hard time working out the ebrake. Have you looked into a hydraulic ebrake? i have been looking into it and i think it is going to be the route i wil be taking to make everything a little more simple.

Quote Originally Posted by 66larkgs View Post
      Love the build.. I know what it is like to build a off name hotrod.. I am not a ford guy but i would def rock a galaxie. i notice thier was a comment about no ebake, i run c5/c6 front and rear and i have big ford bearings with gm ends in my 9". i was having a hard time working out the ebrake. Have you looked into a hydraulic ebrake? i have been looking into it and i think it is going to be the route i wil be taking to make everything a little more simple.
      Hey Paul, you need to call Tobin Knighton at Kore3 industries... I'm sure he already knows of an e brake that would fit on your application. I will upgrade to an e brake when I change rearends. The brakes i'm using can be run on the small bearing ends and also the big bearing torino ends and there is an in-hat style parking brake for my application.
      JC Scott

Trying to close on a house this month. Once we get our own place, I will actually be able to tear into the car a little more. Right now though, we're renting, so I've been afraid of doing too much to the car. I just didn't want to start tearing it down and then have to move. This way, I can actually drive the car to the new house.

Wish us luck as first time home buyers! lol
      JC Scott

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillz View Post
      Trying to close on a house this month. Once we get our own place, I will actually be able to tear into the car a little more. Right now though, we're renting, so I've been afraid of doing too much to the car. I just didn't want to start tearing it down and then have to move. This way, I can actually drive the car to the new house.

Wish us luck as first time home buyers! lol
      or be like me... have your car torn down, then get the word that your work is relocating you 600 miles away.

Now i'm in the mad dash to get the car moving under its own power again. I'm seriously hoping that I can get the paint & body work done before we leave too.

I'll be going from an awesome extra wide 2 car garage with A/c and all the trimmings to most likely, wrenching in the driveway if i'm lucky. That is unless my wife lets me buy a seperate garage.
      -Dave

Dang man that sucks! It's nearly impossible to work on a car with no garage.... if its not hot, its cold, or raining, or snowing, or covered in pollen lol.
      JC Scott

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Quote Originally Posted by 65galaxie View Post

- Scarebird front brake conversion with slotted PowerSlot rotors, '68 galaxie dual master, chevy s-10 calipers. - Still doesn't stop quite as quick as i'd like but big improvement.Name:  wheels 2.JPG
Views: 4327
Size:  145.9 KB
      NOT liking the way that dog is looking at that wheel...
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      NOT liking the way that dog is looking at that wheel...
      lol
      JC Scott

Hey man! Hows your Gal!?!

I do not have photoshop but I tried to find what I see in my head but its tuff. Not great with computers but I colored one and edited another. I think you and I like the same style. These two pics are very very bad examples of what I want but close.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com