Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

73 Nova: Where to start first

Hello Everyone,

I finally got the Nova home from the inlaws and I have began the strip down process to see what work needs to be done. After fixing the 4 drums I ended up driving the car home from Greensboro, NC to Charlotte, NC and it was an interesting drive....

I wanted to get everyones viewpoint on how I should start the project. My plan was to replace the suspension with the Hotchkis TVS kit and A-Arms similar to the article in Super Chevy:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...ion/index.html

While doing this I was going to replace the front drums with disk. After this is done, enjoy driving the car for a bit before I go further, as this is my first muscle car.

But during the tear down process I found a rust spot in the floor pan that has eaten through. The hole is about six inches in diameter. Everything else is surface rust. I also have a rust hole in the lower left corner of the passenger side door as well as one in the rear quarter panel, and wanted to know should I focus on the body first or the suspension and brakes and do the body work later. My concern is that I do not want the rust to get any worse to the point is will require replacing floor pans or quarter panels.

At the moment the car is garaged and the interior is gutted until I decide on how to proceed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian Singleton

Country Flag: United States
      well damn your just up the road from me! ...i hav a 73 as well..idk how where to tell you to start, i think that is just personal preference, but i will tell you that if you need exterior trim, just pray its not bumpers, or the aluminum trim below the grill and aroun the top of the headlights(fender extension) those arent in the aftermarket yet,..as far as interior, they hav all of it after market,door panels,kick panels,with or without speakers, consoles, mostly all of the interior stuff,..

we started with the small things first, such as the interior, the we did the body, and the rest is stilll in progress. idk man, but best of luck to you and i hope it goes well.

Wow I am just down the road from both of you in Mooresville, NC and I too have a 73 Nova.
      Michael

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ebncrdr View Post
      Wow I am just down the road from both of you in Mooresville, NC and I too have a 73 Nova.
      well what a coincidence lol, thats good to know, i thought i was the only one around here lol

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com