Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New front seats

daredvl22, early on in this thread you said that you tried 07 bmw convert seat in the rear? how did it look any photos?

Country Flag: United States
      Sorry, no photos. The seat overall was just too big, especially the back rest portion. It was approx. 5" too high. They might fit in a larger car, like a Chevelle, but not a 1st gen Camaro.
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

you said the bottom fit good, would it be a bad idea to mix a rear seat? bottom that fit good with a different top that also fit good? i would probably have to get whatever re-covered anyways.

The seat bottom actually fit perfectly in my opinion. I don't see any problems with mix matches upper and lower seats. As long as you can make them fit, and cover to match, you're fine. I have a black leather seat bottom from a '07 BMW 330ci if you're interested. I may have a pic of this sitting in the my car, if not I can take one and send it to you. I'm going a different route with my rear seat, so I'm not going to use it. You can have it for $120.88, which is exactly what I have in it
      Dave

1972 Nova

yes please send photo, im very interested in what it looks like

Will do, probably be first thing tomorrow morning before I can.
      Dave

1972 Nova

thanks dave, will you post it here or do you want my email?

pm sent

hey dave i wanted to ask you have you drivin your car much? just curious how you like the quadralink rear?

Ha ha,.... not even close. I should be recieving the new year end this week, or next. Stay tuned, it's going to be awesome, and a first at that!
      Dave

1972 Nova

3)Bracket installed on the floor board. Notice the stock seat pan was not used because it made the seat sit too high.

6) Good shot of the minimal spacing between the rocker and seat. Very tight, but overall perfect fit. I still had plenty of space against the tunnel on the opposite side. I did have to slightly cut and re-weld one spot on th tunnel that stuck out too far.

Hope this is useful. if anyone has questions, let me know. Sorry, pics are a little big, I need to figure out how to re-size. Also, let me know your thoughts on the seats. I appreciate everyone's opinions.[/QUOTE]

Dave, what do you mean by the stock seat pan? Did you have to use a different floorboard than the 67 camaro? I am trying to put some wider seats like these in my 68. Also noted on one of your posts that you had to cut in the the tunnel and the rocker, was that to install the back seats? Didn't see that in the pictures. Thanks for your help, seats look awesome, Dave

The stock seat pan is the portion welded to the floorpan. I actually replaced mine with a new complete floor pan. If you go this route, the replacements floor pan does not have these welded in place. You'll either have to use your old ones, or buy new. I simply did not use them, and built my own brackets in place of the stock set up. I cut the tunnel and rocker to fit the front seats. I have not done anything to the rear, as I'm still deciding what I want to do with the rear seat. Hope this helps.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Anybody get their heated seat function working yet? I've got everything working except for the heat function...

Anyone know of a current source for these? Sat in an E92 Saturday at Cars and Coffee and it made me want these seats all over again. Would be super awesome if I could find them in cinnamon and dirt cheap. (yeah right)
      -Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
      Anyone know of a current source for these? Sat in an E92 Saturday at Cars and Coffee and it made me want these seats all over again. Would be super awesome if I could find them in cinnamon and dirt cheap. (yeah right)
      eBay is your best bet. I remember when I looked there was a ton of bimmer seats. e92 might be a whole different ballgame, and I would almost say forget about the cinnamon. Quite rare and seemingly worth their weight in gold.

Country Flag: Australia
      Seems everyone is removing the stock seat pan in first gen's to get these seats in? I have M3 seats to go into a 68 camaro and will need to cut the tunnel - should I definitely remove the stock seat pan?

You'll have to in order to have enough head room. I'm 6'1" and I have approx. 3-4 inches from the top of my head to the roof. That's will the seat adjusted as far down as it will go. I had to modify my tunnel "slightly", maybe 1/2" to 3/4" in to accommodate the width of the seats. Sorry, I didn't take any pics of that portion of the modification.
      Dave

1972 Nova

Country Flag: Australia
      Thanks Dave. I'm not as tall but will remove the stock seat mounts this weekend. I think like you say only slight modification to the tunnel will be required.

I just purchased the e46 convertible seats for my 71 cutlass. I powered them up and the driver seat worked great but the passenger seat was start and stopping as previously stated in this thread. How did you wire the to-220 voltage regulator? Also how did you power your memory seats? Hope to get these installed before it gets warm outside.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by fast400 View Post
      Anybody get their heated seat function working yet? I've got everything working except for the heat function...

Nice

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com