Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Crazy High-Speed Chase: Woman Tries To Run Down Cops; Gets O

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_185645.html

LOS ANGELES - A driver tried to ram a Long Beach car, prompting an hour-long, high-speed chase Friday in which the woman drove the car in circles, went the wrong way on a tollway and even got out of the car to gesture at officers, authorities said.
      The woman was arrested after about a 40-mile pursuit and could face charges of reckless driving, California Highway Patrol Officer Gabe Montoya said. Her name was not immediately known.

No injuries were reported, but the woman endangered motorists on four freeways, CHP officers said.

The chase began when Long Beach officers went to an intersection shortly after 6 a.m. in response to a report of a woman screaming. A car tried to ram their police cruiser three times and then fled, Long Beach police Officer Jackie Bezart said.

After an eight-minute chase through Long Beach, the driver got onto a freeway and the CHP was notified. Officers chased the silver Scion into Orange County at speeds that sometimes topped 100 mph, authorities said. Television news helicopters carried the chase live.

Country Flag: United States
      All in a Scion XB. She was putting up a real fight, even after she was in the squad car.

WTF is with people nowadays?
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Must be that time of the month.
      Roger

Chases are almost a daily thing in SoCal right now. Almost makes me skirred to make that drive everyday.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

I call BS, that little sh**box cant go 100mph!
      I am not useless, I can still be used as a bad example!

-Bob

Holy crap that was right next to my house and I had no idea.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
      LMAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      WOOOO FUUNIEST VIDEO OF THE YEAR SO FAR!!!!!!!

sad thing is, if that was a black guy they would of still be beating him half to death smh!!!
      "Project Yeti"
      70 Chevelle Coupe

BIGGER is BETTER...
      Bigger Engine !!..........
      Bigger Wheels !!!.............
      Bigger AUDIO !!!!..................
      ---------------------------------------------------
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjIRkWENUxM

Quote Originally Posted by 1nkred1ble View Post
      sad thing is, if that was a black guy they would of still be beating him half to death smh!!!
      Todd S.

"I like to race school buses..."

I know its easy to judge after the fact but the cops missed a few chances to box her in..they seemed little tentative...

you can agree or disagree Todd
      but its the truth.......
      "Project Yeti"
      70 Chevelle Coupe

BIGGER is BETTER...

It's the proliferation of crack pipes Nick.

My family had to vacate our home on Saturday afternoon for a house showing so my wife and I took the kids to the park. This park has the swings/climbing rocks/etc. playground starting about 20' from the street. We are there 15 minutes and here comes a teenager in some little econobox zooming by with the police in hot pursuit, both on the ground and in the air. 30 kids and their parents within close proximity to a 3000# rolling pin and she does not even let off the gas.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
      LMAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      WOOOO FUUNIEST VIDEO OF THE YEAR SO FAR!!!!!!!

you can agree or disagree Todd
      but its the truth.......
      The fact that they have her under control, and that she wasn't still fighting might have had a little to do with the reasons as to why they didn't need to be more violent with her. But don't let anything like that cloud your thinking, you just keep insisting it's all about race.

My grandfather said it best, "there's just no arguing with stupid people." It's up to you to figure out whether or not you fit into that mold.

Shiny Side Up!
      Bill
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

lol haha i love it how its so easy for somebody like YOU to put blinders on, but hey go ahead continue believing in what you do.
      Just do me a favor and explain the difference in this two situations, the one we just finished watching and this one.....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeeNG44VDOs

logical explanation?!?!?!?! NO I THINK NOT!!!!

SOooo as some as one grandfather said to one grandson somewhere out there in the world
      "there's just no arguing with IGNORANT people." and that sir is up to you to figure out whether or not you fit into that mold.
      "Project Yeti"
      70 Chevelle Coupe

BIGGER is BETTER...

lol haha i love it how its so easy for somebody like YOU to put blinders on, but hey go ahead continue believing in what you do.
      Just do me a favor and explain the difference in this two situations, the one we just finished watching and this one.....

SOooo as some as one grandfather said to one grandson somewhere out there in the world
      "there's just no arguing with IGNORANT people." and that sir is up to you to figure out whether or not you fit into that mold.
      Well, let me first thank you for exactly proving my point. You are asserting that the link you provided proves racism, while anyone with the ability for critical thinking can clearly see that the officer in question was fully enraged well before he would have known the ethnicity of the person he stopped. Thus, while the officer in question is clearly in the wrong, he is in the wrong for being stupid, not for being a racist. You see racism where none exists, a position that will do nothing for your argument when you finally point out racism where it does.

Shiny Side Up!
      Bill
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

It's pretty sad how you seem to think this allows you to make generalizations about all cops. Your argument isn't valid by any means, and I'd argue that it's not even cogent.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

So, a completely ballistic cop who scares someone to the point that they fail to comply is racist? That was all you could see? If he was dropping the N bomb on her or something, I would be on your side but this is just a guy who snapped after following someone who would not pull over. Looks like he lost it because they simply would not comply. He's a borderline dangerous nut but, racist? Not seeing it.

What's the "somebody like YOU" comment for? Sounds racist.....not cool at all. I'll bet if you would hang out with him and have a beer you may just find a new friend.
      1970RS Camaro
      Lateral Dynamics, Wilwood, BOZE, Strange Engineering, Alston, Ride Tech, Gen II, FAST.
      Dave Cozzi

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com