Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Epic Fabrication Failures

This may be a repost...? Some real nightmare work here.

http://jalopnik.com/5176055/30-epic-...ation-failures

@Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

I've heard the twins in the mufflers under the rear seat is actually a bad-ass car...
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
      https://www.v8speedshop.com

Dear lord, take their welders away, please!!!
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      Dear lord, take their welders away, please!!!
      They did that with a welder? Looks more like a coat hanger and some tissue paper!

John
      '66 Chevy II - The "NEW" '69 Camaro!

***Under Construction***

Build Update Link:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17108

rofl.... i think i just peed alittle

wow there is some excellent fab work there

There's a lot of turbo " fabrication " going on out there.
      LOL.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Heres one a guy on a replica car forum I lurk on. He just removed it from his $$ "Turn Key" replica.
      1968 F100 sb full vic chassis swap
      1965 Mustang coupe 347 5 spd cheap touring SOLD
      2003 Porsche 996 Outlaw LS2 swap SOLD
      1992 Lexus SC400 daily SOLD
      1966 Porsche 912 Outlaw SOLD
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

The worst part is, it could happen to one of us. In fact it did happen to me. I made a deal with a guy to weld in a Jegs kit rollbar. After he had my car in his shop over 2 1/2 years and the police were involved more than once I found my car in the parking lot at work one morning when I arrived. The keys were left on top of one of the tires. This is just a glimpse of how horrific the work he did was. I think the floors and trunk will have to be replaced. When I finally got it back four months ago, I put it in a trailer to move and haven't even opened up the trailer to look at it since. I'm still so mad about it I haven't even written a post slamming the guy to warn others for fear I'll get carried away in anger as I type. I don't know what he was thinking when he said he could do the job. This is what he did in the trunk and if you think this is bad the interior floors are even worse!

john, all I can say is......WoW!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      The worst part is, it could happen to one of us. In fact it did happen to me. I made a deal with a guy to weld in a Jegs kit rollbar. After he had my car in his shop over 2 1/2 years and the police were involved more than once I found my car in the parking lot at work one morning when I arrived. The keys were left on top of one of the tires. This is just a glimpse of how horrific the work he did was. I think the floors and trunk will have to be replaced. When I finally got it back four months ago, I put it in a trailer to move and haven't even opened up the trailer to look at it since. I'm still so mad about it I haven't even written a post slamming the guy to warn others for fear I'll get carried away in anger as I type. I don't know what he was thinking when he said he could do the job. This is what he did in the trunk and if you think this is bad the interior floors are even worse!

That's just breathtaking. As with the others, how does someone look at that and say, "Yep, that'll work," particularly when, as in your case, someone is PAYING for the work.
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

I don't want to hijack this thread so I won't reply after this one. When I finally calm down enough to write a concise objective post I will. His name is Ralph, he's in CT, and plans on opening a shop again in the Bridgeport area so caution is advised to anyone in that area. He talks a good game so you'd think he's on the up and up and knew what he was doing. And I was serious about the interior being much worse. When I finally write about it I'll post plenty of astonishing pics. I think I'm gonna try to have someone video me yanking the cage out so folks can see that a poorly installed bar or cage isn't going to help you in a crash. I should be able to knock the tubing free with a sledge.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com