Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1967 Chevelle * LS3/T56 *

Well I have been lurking around read post and adding what I can here and there. I have purchase item from vendors here and well as parts from members. I figured I would start a thread about my build. I will be a slow process. I will take as many pictures as possible.

This is what the car looked like when I purchased it. It’s a Malibu built in Fremont CA. It had the original 283 with smog pump. The previous owner changed out the power glide for a TH350. It’s an original AC car. It has some rust around the rear window and the passenger quarter was replaced many many moons ago.

This was a daily driver for a while. The first item to address was the 4 wheel drum brakes. I'm lucky enough to live in Las Vegas and met with Tyler from ATS. A set of his spindles was a no-brainer. Better geometry, sealed bearing pack and a lot of options for brakes.

At the same time I upgraded to a CPP master cylinder and a stainless brake booster. I also talked to Mark at SC&C and picked up a set of adjustable SPD control arms.... I put on some Coy's C-67 wheels and some 245/45/18 Dunlop tires... What a difference!

So I have been running the car like this for a while. I always wanted to do an LSx swap and get 6 speed in there. I was trying to keep this as a daily driver too. The plan was to find another frame and modify that one without having to tear the car apart.

Once I found a frame, I brought it to someone to have it boxed. I also wanted to build a skeleton and convert it to coilovers on all four corners. Here was the plan...

Here are some pictures of the initial progress.

Now most of it came out ok. The front coilover shock mounts were hideous. I wasn't overly impressed with the outcome, but since I can't weld and don’t have the tools it was the best I thought I could do. If I had planned it better I would have had ATS work on the frame from day one.

Here were the original front coilover mounts... this is when I decided to take the frame back.

Rich
      1969 Camaro (in hibernation)
      1972 K5 Blazer - LQ9, 4L80e, NP205, D60, AAM 14BFF => http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423432

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com