Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      That looks hot, can't wait for more updates.

Country Flag: United States
      Love it, more updates?

Love this build let's see some updates

No pics as of yet. It was at ATS before Tyler shut down the fabrication side. His fab guy is continuing to work on it as his time permits. All of the factory welds have been ground out and re-welded, front to back - top to bottom. I also nixed the cantilevered rear coilovers to save time and money. I will use the holes for an exhaust pass thru....

I hope within the next week or two the rear suspension will be complete. Then I can have the Moser built to make it a rolling chassis.

I cleaned the LS1 rear disc brakes I had. I will be ordering some Corvette C5 rear calipers from Tobin at Kore3. Right now I have some stock rotors that came with brakes. I will eventualy upgrade to some drilled/slotted one.

My plan is the get the car running and driving to work the bugs out. Then blow it apart for powdercoat, paint and bodywork...

Here are the brake brackets with the abutments....

Rich
      1969 Camaro (in hibernation)
      1972 K5 Blazer - LQ9, 4L80e, NP205, D60, AAM 14BFF => http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423432

Whered you get that lemans fuel filler at? Id like to order one also.Thanks
      Greg Tholen
      GT Motorsports
      Dealer for Wilwood,Baer,Viking,Moser,BMR,Earl's
      (937)763-7272

Quote Originally Posted by 796spdbu View Post
      Whered you get that lemans fuel filler at? Id like to order one also.Thanks
      http://stores.mustalgia.com/Categori...el+Filler+Caps

Rich
      1972 K5 Blazer - LQ9, 4L80e, NP205, D60, AAM 14BFF => http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423432

It looks like a good project, but I'm just curious...

While you had the body off, why didn't you clean and paint the frame before installing the new suspension components?

Regards,
      -Greg

The body is still off... still in the fabrication stages.... But I will probably build the car, run it for a year and then pull it apart to powdercoat the frame and everything else. This way I get to drive it and make changes if needed without grinding off powercoat or paint....
      Rich

Very cool build!!! Keep it going!!!!

Brian
      LIVE FREE, LIVE HARD, DRIVE FAST!!!!

I like the GTO seats. My buddy had a GTO and I was amazed how nice the seats were. Do you have any plans to remove the GTO stitching though? I'm curious if anyone has done this, and what they did afterwards to cover up all the holes.

Thanks
      Ken
      69 Camaro
      427, 4 speed, TTII's, Konis, JL8 clone brakes, solid AL body bushings, some assembly still required

69 Corvette
      427, 4 speed, TTII's, Bilsteins, HEI, what I work on while the Camaro sits

Great looking build!
      John Brown
      1971 Nova - Project Car
      1990 Silverado - Ridetech StreetGRIP
      Instagram @wilwaxu
      Facebook @wilwaxu

Quote Originally Posted by BB69 View Post
      I like the GTO seats. My buddy had a GTO and I was amazed how nice the seats were. Do you have any plans to remove the GTO stitching though? I'm curious if anyone has done this, and what they did afterwards to cover up all the holes.

Thanks
      Ken

The plan for the GTO seats will be to replace the center section with new material. Probable suede in a darg gray.... I will have to alter the back seats as well because they are just too tall... for now a little black permanent marker will tone down the bright red "GTO"

I was also thinkin Katzkins for new covers.... but thats way down the road...
      Rich

Ok. Small updates... I pulled the car apart... pulled the body off the frame... cut out some tunnel and firewall (it wil be smoothed) and test fit for clearance on the reworked frame. Need to "adjsut" the floor pans behind the front seats.... here are some pics... cause every one loves pics ...

Rich

Here is my idea for the sway bar... NASCAR stlyle plined bar.. mounted tight up under the diff...

Oh, and thats not a sway bar, just a piece of tubing. The other square bar and block are just to hold it in place for a quick pic...
      Rich

Here are the parts....

Rich

Rich , Let me know hows the progress on that gas cap, doing the same thing on my camaro. Great build by the way .
      Camaro

Just saw your thread for the first time.Very cool ideas and good job following through on them.Iam very interested in the swaybar mounting as I was thinking of installing mine the same way.I figured it would put the load in front of the axle hump which could otherwise lead to flex in the frame.Looking good keep the pics coming.

Rich,
      Bout time you posted some pictures.
      The black marker worked for me. I think we need to find someone that wants to get rid of another rear GTO seat, then we can recycle the materiel between us.
      Tell Russ to hurry up so I can get my frame in there.....
      Are you gunna do splined up front?
      Adam
      69 Chevelle SS 396 < --Sold
      67 Camaro
      93 Beretta GTZ
      09 R50 VW Touareg

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyss View Post
      Rich,
      Bout time you posted some pictures.
      The black marker worked for me. I think we need to find someone that wants to get rid of another rear GTO seat, then we can recycle the materiel between us.
      Tell Russ to hurry up so I can get my frame in there.....
      Are you gunna do splined up front?

Yeah, I plan on a splined bar up front too... and Widowmaker (Tim) has a good example already with pics....

Russ has been keeping busy... I'm dropping off the sway bar and other stuff Saturday morning... I hope to get more pics then....

He told me he moved the wiper motor under the driver side fender and he cut out a section of the floor pan that was hitting the new fame truss by the rear seats... still have to finish smoothing the rest of the firewall and build the new trans tunnel including the drive shaft tunnel all the way back...

Rich

Hey Rich - I'm subscribing to keep up on your project.

It was great to meet you a SEMA and thanks again for the ride to and from the optima Challenge. Maybe next time I'm out in Vegas you'll be cruising the Chevelle.

Later,

Brandon
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com