Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Cars being stolen

I have noticed alot more stolen cars on alot of the car forum broads lately. With the economy like it is the thieves are out. Looking for anything of value to pawn. We need to taken that little extra step to insure when we leave and return to our custom cars there still. I know we all have alot of money in our cars and while I'm sure we all have insurance I would hate to lose my car to some car thief.

This is just my little FYI to all of us to watch our cars..

Thall shall fear no amount of boost, For thy bottle is with me.......

Country Flag: United States
      I agree with you there! Time and effort cant be replaced!

I usually have a secret switch in my cars that either shuts off the fuel or spark and I flip it off when the car is going to be left where I cant see it. Cant stop a tow truck, but they wont drive it away.
      I am not useless, I can still be used as a bad example!

-Bob

Well, there's LoJack, and there's a variety of other GPS based chips that you can use to track your vehicles.

Those fuel-line locks and hidden shut-off switches are great, but if you're driving a PT car, and getting $ instead of your vehicle from your insurance company isn't really going to make up for the time and effort you spent on your build, having something that will let you/law enforcement track the vehicle in real time is probably worth it.
      John B.

ya get lojack and then you can play mr. police officer if you dare.
      Matt

[Will be] Protected by Colt.
      Todd S.

"I like to race school buses..."

I had Restored 72 Chevy Shot Wide delivered from UTAH and he made to Dallas Texas too meet me later at his families.. I was on on my way to pick it up, and he called when I was getting loaded up to come and pick it up.. Someone had stolen the truck, trailer and all..

Sucks for me because it was a good deal, but even worse for him..He didnt have full coverage on the truck because it hasnt been on the road yet...

makes you almost hate having a nice car..

LoJack and GPS Snitch are useless when you have a $19 GPS jamming device...

Having built my car from the ground up, I always make sure to have some critical fuses in hidden locations. With an EFI car, its really hard to get the car running without electricity. This of course want stop the guys that load the cars on flat beds, but it will deter most amateurs.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Ricky Bobby just leaves his Cougar in the car...

I'm not a fan of keeping kitty litter handy, so I think I'll just mount one of these to the car... seems to do the job keeping the predators away.

Matt Briggs
      1971 Camaro RS - Race car in progress

Quote Originally Posted by chicane67 View Post

Don't tell the car thieves !! LOL
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Quote Originally Posted by chicane67 View Post
      From what I understand (this is completely surrounding the 'snitch'), If you establish the "pen" then when the jammer is used the monitor effectively thinks the vehicle is outside the pen and alerts you.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

$19 GPS Jammers?

Man,that's as bad as the DIY "bump keys" that have made many standard door locks more or less worthless.
      John B.

I still like the old James Bond 007 movie where James was out of his car when two armed men came to his car and read the note "this car is theft proof" ( or something like that). They get a big laugh and take the butt of the rifle and break out the drivers window which immediately causes the car to blow to smitherines....taking them with it.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com