Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      17 x 8, 245/45 front; 17 x 9, 275/40 rear

Needs to be this high- I live on a dirt road in MI

The Minilites look good on your car. I remember those wheels on a pair of Hugger Camaros here in FL. 2 brothers each had a Hugger Camaro. One had an orange one and the other brother had a white one. I liked them except for the front bumper covers.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SS1156 View Post
      Any more 2nd Gens? Thanks for all the pics so far. All of these cars are sick as hell.
      i'll post up a few over here

http://garagescene.net/gallery2/v/Ma...maros/2nd+Gen/
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

I have a second Gen with a 12 bolt from a Formula 400 bird. When I changed from my stock axle with 10x17 6" bs with Goodyear 275 F1's to the 12 bolt the wheels looked lost, almost stock. I now run 17 x 11 with 315 Kuhmo's and MT Drag radials. They look just rightl. They are flush with the outer lip and depending on the shape of the tyre side wall could actually sit under the arch.

Sweet!!! What kind of wheels? That is my 2nd choice of color for my car. I really like grey. I want to try to go a little wider then 9's on the back. I'm thinking 11's with 315's. I still have to wait for my buddy @ TSRRacing to help me get started. Keep the pics coming everyone. You all have given me great ideas and I really love all the cars that I have seen so far. You guys should be proud of all your cars because they look great.
      Vintage Wheelworks V-45's with 2 prong fake knock offs I found locally and a buddy of mine who is a machinist made the stanchions for them so we could draw them as close to the wheel center as possible.
      Tommy Parker

1973 Camaro- fast burn 385, FAST EFI, Bowler 700R4, Hotchkis,Baer, Forgeline SP3P's, completed 2007, updated 2010
      1972 Camaro-Project Fool's Gold- LD 3-link,DSE sub-frame,C6 Z06 brakes,TKO 600, LS2 stroked to 402, Forgeline, in progress

THE TAILIGHTS ARE LEDS.

THE TIRE SIZE IS: 275-40-17 FRONT.
      315-35-17 REAR
      BACKSPACING IS: 5.5 FRONT
      5.75 REAR
      THE WHEEL SIZE IS: 17x9.5 FRONT
      17x11 REAR
      1970 1/2 RS Z28...

Quote Originally Posted by marc_b View Post
      vintage wheel works v40's
      wheels specs:
      front 17x8 4.75 bs 255/45/17
      rear 17x9.5 6.0 bs 295/45/17

No rubbing issues front or rear

Marc, your car is my ideal 2nd Generation Camaro. Your car gives me inspiration.

SS1156 Unfortunately this is not a 70-73 but does have the same wheel wells and the 17x8 235/40 17 x11 315/35 set up you desire.

The fronts are tucked with a lot of camber.

The rears are level with the wheel lip. Its could come down some in the rear. Currently on stock springs rear and cut Hotchkis front.

MusclecarJohn love that laser straight super clean body.

Teddy'sCamaro your stance is spot on.

Country Flag: Canada
      18x8 w/ 245/40/18 and 18x10 w/ 285/35/18

Just make sure to get your backspace measurements perfect before ordering your wheels
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Hot Wheels Sixty-Eights Front 17 x 8" 4.5" offset, Sumitomo HTR-Z 255/40-17
      Hot Wheels Sixty-Eights Rear 17 x 9" 5" offset, Sumitomo HTR-Z 275/40-17

?? can you please do me a favor and measure your ride height at the front and back of your rockers for me ??

from the pinch weld seem to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by 72OBSESSED View Post
      18x8 w/ 245/40/18 and 18x10 w/ 285/35/18

Just make sure to get your backspace measurements perfect before ordering your wheels
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      ?? can you please do me a favor and measure your ride height at the front and back of your rockers for me ??

from the pinch weld seem to the ground
      Yeah no problem, I'll check tomorrow. What for?

Yeah no problem, I'll check tomorrow. What for?
      I'm looking at a similar tire combo on my 2nd gen project and I really like the ride height on your car.
      marty-mj

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      I'm looking at a similar tire combo on my 2nd gen project and I really like the ride height on your car.
      I just checked now. At the pinch weld, the back is 6 1/4", the front is 5"
      My subframe is 4". The lowest thing is the headers and exhaust, it clears speed bumps but I need to be crawling.
      I have the DSE 3" drop leafs in the back and QA1 adjustable coil-overs in the front. Tried the hotchkis first but it dropped the car only a 1/2". Caused me a lot of headaches trying to make them work. I would never go the coil spring route again after using QA1s

Here's a better picture.
      It sits a bit higher in the back than the front, it's just in a low spot in my driveway.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry first gen guys but the 2nd gen camaros to me are the best looking camaro ever. I got to finish my chevelle first but my next car will definetly be a 2nd gen

Thank you very much. Your information is going to help big time.

My goal is to get the car to a dead even 5.5" ride height all the way around. So it looks like i am going to have to raise the floor up to attain the ride height i am looking for.

Fun Fun Fun

I just checked now. At the pinch weld, the back is 6 1/4", the front is 5"
      My subframe is 4". The lowest thing is the headers and exhaust, it clears speed bumps but I need to be crawling.
      I have the DSE 3" drop leafs in the back and QA1 adjustable coil-overs in the front. Tried the hotchkis first but it dropped the car only a 1/2". Caused me a lot of headaches trying to make them work. I would never go the coil spring route again after using QA1s
      marty-mj

Here's a better picture.
      It sits a bit higher in the back than the front, it's just in a low spot in my driveway.
      Very nice indeed!!!! Did you mini tub your car?

Very nice indeed!!!! Did you mini tub your car?
      Nope no mini-tub. I thought about it, but the price of the kit, the narrowed tank, the wheels and the tires made my decision for me! The car hooks up great with the setup now. Maybe I'll go that route on a future project

Thats the stance I'm looking for, I'd love some specs on this car..

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeCooper View Post
      Thats the stance I'm looking for, I'd love some specs on this car..
      Never mind I see it..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com