Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

lunatic's '69 camaro

hi all.

reformed roundy round driver, wandered here from some other first gen sites where i was doing a lot of reading about suspension mods and stuff. my car is a 69 camaro that is/was someone's drag/project car. no idea on its history. i traded a car trailer for it back in october or so, and since then have been collecting parts and ideas. it came to me with new quarters installed, new rear frame rails, and SFC's. the rest is up to me. i want something that handles well, but is streetable and fun to drive around town.

current plans...

drive train: blown 355, t-5 transmission, franklin quick change rear.

front suspension: 1" drop springs, drop spindles (i know i've read the threads but i want the car low), all new bushings, ball joints, etc etc. keeping the stock control arms and whatnot, but moving the mounts as needed to make things handle better wherever possible.

rear suspension: working on my own, 3-link w/ coil overs and a watts linkage (if i can get it low enough, mounted above the yoke on the quickchange) or a panhard bar.

i'm gonna ride on 15x10 cragar s/s's out back and probably 15x7's up front (since the 14's on it right now probably wont clear disc brakes) and the car will stay primer black with silver SS stripes.

oh. and i'm going to build it for less than $3500. which hopefully includes everything except the motor - which i already had. right now i have about $1300 of my budget spent. it's probably going to be a long term project, so i dont know how often i'll be posting but i like to read a lot so you might catch me lurking from time to time...
      here is a link to where i am keeping track of my project...

Last edited by lunatic_magnet; 01-22-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added link

Country Flag: Iceland
      welcome to the site, that is a good looking project you have there , I´m looking forward to you project Thread

Hi Luna, welcome to the forum. I saw pics of your project on another site already, but I am looking forward to seeing what you can build it into.
      Mark
      |||||||
      1967 Pontiac Firebird
      The "Dirty Bird" build thread

Country Flag: Iceland
      welcome to the site,

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum.
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com