Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 70staged View Post
      George, the first time I seen your car I fell in love. Watched a few times on the YouTube
      Thank you!!!
      George
      `67 Buick GS 400 Hdtp,494ci Stage 2 BBB,5-speed TKO-600,"The Black Widow"

Been busy with the project, guys, but still making good progress!

Body is at the bodyshop; I just finished the frame restoration, and delivered it to the shop, body is almost ready to be put back on frame, getting closer to getting GSX paint job!

Here's the link, from beginning to now, with regular updated pics:
      http://v8tvshow.com/1970_Buick_GS_SW/index.html

Enjoy! ;)
      '70 GS Stage 1 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-1-project-car
      Restoration blog: http://1970buickgsstage1.blogspot.com/
      '70 GS 350 convertible
      '70 GS 350 hardtop
      '70 Skylark 4 dr post

Quote Originally Posted by ProTourGSX View Post
      Been busy with the project, guys, but still making good progress!

Body is at the bodyshop; I just finished the frame restoration, and delivered it to the shop, body is almost ready to be put back on frame, getting closer to getting GSX paint job!

Here's the link, from beginning to now, with regular updated pics:
      http://v8tvshow.com/1970_Buick_GS_SW/index.html

Enjoy! ;)
      ... and the build thread, we should probably post this one here, too Scott!

http://v8tvshow.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.0
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
      https://www.v8speedshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by redsixty9 View Post
      Attachment 103649Just bought this three weeks ago. Ordered a level 2 ridetech coilover kit w/musclebars and a Wilwood four wheel disc conversion. Shopping for fuel injection and other goodies. I will send pics of build as it progresses. Off to route 66 swap meet for parts hunting.
      "REDSIXTY9" making progress waiting for parts. Won't be long until the drive train is done. Motor and trans in. Strange S60 and rear discs should be here in the next week or so.Name:  033.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  112.5 KBName:  013.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  100.7 KB

The 68 GS350 my dad and I are restoring as of yesterday. It was a complete frame off restoration, not really too much pro-touring honestly. We're leaving this as more correct numbers matching, but mildly hot rodded. The body and interior will be dead original in Aqua Mist Metallic and white. The engine is the original rebuilt 350 with a Thumpr cam, Doug's headers, Pypes exhaust, and TA Performance intake. It is lowered, and will be running a set of Billet Specialties Rival-G's. The goal is to be at the Goodguy's Del Mar show in one month....
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post

The 68 GS350 my dad and I are restoring as of yesterday. It was a complete frame off restoration, not really too much pro-touring honestly. We're leaving this as more correct numbers matching, but mildly hot rodded. The body and interior will be dead original in Aqua Mist Metallic and white. The engine is the original rebuilt 350 with a Thumpr cam, Doug's headers, Pypes exhaust, and TA Performance intake. It is lowered, and will be running a set of Billet Specialties Rival-G's. The goal is to be at the Goodguy's Del Mar show in one month....
      Very cool. The Rival G's will look nice on it. Billet Specialties makes nice products. Glen from Billet helped me out on my suspension. I will get my wheels from him too. Hope to be on the road in a month also. Just did the drive train though. I will drive it this summer and do the interior. It's still presentable. I want to get all the kinks out before painting it next winter. I plan to hit a few cones auto-crossing this summer without worrying about the paint.

CambellshotrodsAz . Enjoy this time working on the car with your father. I was working on Buicks with my father since I was about 12yrs old. My father has passed and I'm in my early 50's. Still got the car bug thanks to him. When my last car had a untimely demise(Wrecked it. Too much power. Too small of a tire. Sh#t happens fast.). All my friends said you better build a Buick. I'm glad I did. I think about him all time I work on it.

Here are some pictures of my 1965 Buick Skylark. Kind of between a resto-mod and Pro-Touring.
      Has a LS3 based 427 motor with a 6L80 transmission. Yank 3200 stall torque converter.

The back has a 1" sway bar with up graded traction bars and a couple of other items. 11" disk brakes in the back with the RED ECB brake pads. Running Nitto 555 285/40ZR17 tires in the rear. I think there is enough room to upgrade to a 295 tire the next time around

In the front it has a 1 5/16" hollow sway bar with upgraded tubular A-arms for better geometry. I stayed with the 11" factory style front brakes with the large single disc caliper. I did up grade the brake pads to the RED ECB version for better gripping/ stopping power. I also upgraded to the Jeep Grand Cherokee power steering box. The front tires are Nitto 555 245/45ZR17s.

Since the two car pictures were taken I changed the front bucket seats out to the 2004 GTO. It makes a big difference in comfort and the looks of the car. I have included one interior picture to show them. Here are the pictures.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Hmmm, only half the pictures showed. I may have to have them posted on photobucket. Let me do this again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
      Hmmm, only half the pictures showed. I may have to have them posted on photobucket. Let me do this again.

gorgeous!!!!

Redsixty9 making progress.waiting for rear brakes from baer. Up next plumbing rear brakes,Hydroboost and fuel system. Got rid of a lot of boxes this weekend.Name:  IMG_20150322_130446_334.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  139.3 KBName:  IMG_20150322_141203_776.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  129.4 KB

"REDSIXTY9" making progress waiting for parts. Won't be long until the drive train is done. Motor and trans in. Strange S60 and rear discs should be here in the next week or so]
      Beautiful setup man. I got a full ridetech setup on my 86 t type with select series coilovers. The ride is amazing! Just bought a 71 GS455 Stage1 body. Looking for a decent 455 block to get started. If anyone has a lead on one let me know

CambellshotrodsAz . Enjoy this time working on the car with your father. I was working on Buicks with my father since I was about 12yrs old. My father has passed and I'm in my early 50's. Still got the car bug thanks to him. When my last car had a untimely demise(Wrecked it. Too much power. Too small of a tire. Sh#t happens fast.). All my friends said you better build a Buick. I'm glad I did. I think about him all time I work on it.
      Thank you for the comments, I definitely enjoy the time we share building the cars. It's a lot more fun now as our cars keep getting better with each build. He got me started into the cars, and I've built off that knowledge even further, and together we've taken our builds further than we've ever imagined. It helps that I'm a senior engineer now, and the budget can be split more painlessly.

As far as the car goes, I'll post sort of a teaser (also the bumpers aren't in yet so there's not a whole lot else to see). But the car is coming along very nicely. Polishing and removing the dents in each piece of trim one at a time and reinstalling them, wheels are mounted finally, got the stripes on last night. Still got a lot to do in a week. I'm contemplating doing a build thread or not, since it's sort of pro-touring-lite, more resto themed than all out canyon carver. But if it gets someone in the future hot on their Buick build, it may be worth it.

71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

pro touring 72 skylark

my 68 got project has finally convinced my buddy too steer his street strip skylark to the pro touring direction. So far we have done 455 with fast 2.0 efi Bmr springs 4 wheel disc brakes and fr 500 wheels, blacked out grill and light bezels what you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by OLGoat View Post
      my 68 got project has finally convinced my buddy too steer his street strip skylark to the pro touring direction. So far we have done 455 with fast 2.0 efi Bmr springs 4 wheel disc brakes and fr 500 wheels, blacked out grill and light bezels what you think ?

I love that look! Thanks for sharing. Can you share the wheel and tire specs? Offset and size? Thanks.

I forgot to post finished pics of the GS350 my dad and I finished last April! I still need to get detailed pics of the interior and engine compartment unfortunately, but it's literally new top to bottom.

Nice looking car.

Here's my '70 GS 350 that came numbers matching & unmolested. I've since swapped the tranny out for a Jasper-built 700r4 (still have the original 3 speed) so it's a bona fide pro-touring machine. Tons of other work have gone into it- Hotchkiss suspension parts (front/back), Vintage Air, serpentine belt system (custom fabricated because nobody makes one for a '70 Buick 350), etc... Have put 8K miles on it in the last year including road trips from DC to Cleveland, to New Orleans, to Memphis. Hugs the highway at 85-90 mph w/ AC blowing cold and getting 15 MPG- that's total victory in my book. Hope you dig St. Moses the Black!
      Name:  DSC_7214.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  208.7 KB
      Name:  Moses' ass end.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  133.2 KB
      Name:  DSC_7210.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  289.4 KB
      Name:  Serpentine Belt '70 Buick 350.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  148.6 KB

old thread revival. Lets see some more Buicks!!! Once again, the old 66 Special just about ready to roll around. Suspension is done(for now) so once I get it dependable I'll do wiring. The 5.3 with a hair dryer will be in it soon!
      70 Camaro 383/700r4 no place to hide
      1966 Buick Special cheaper than a Chevelle but just as fun!
      2019 ZL1/1LE track day missile

my sportwagon count?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com