Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 92 s10

Country Flag: United States
      Cool build. Just finished my 91 ext cab this Jan. Well finished as in driving it. Its got a 2005 LM7(5.3) in front of the stock(rebuilt) 700r4. FUN STUFF.
      Asa Walker
      Houston, TX

Nice. The bumper looks killer with foglights set in it.

I say go blue on the repaint for bumpers.

tell us whats been going on with this S10

i had my truck dyno'd and it made a modest 354 horsepower 354 ft. lbs torque.

i also got some new wheels. i've always liked mesh wheels for some reason. not a lotta trucks have them, so i pulled the trigger. here they are fresh from the mill.

here they are powder coated and fully assembled.

final specs are 18X8 fronts w/ 0 offset (4.5" BS) and 18X10 rears w/ -5 offset (5.3" BS). 3" lips up front and 5" in the back. i'm working on some stickers to put on the inner barrels, ala work or volk wheels.

here they are on the truck.

artsy fartsy edit.

over the summer i really need to get off my ass and paint my front and rear bumpers. just been too lazy. god my front end is UGLY.

I know I'm bumping an older thread, but whatever. I found pics of this truck on another webpage, and it's SOOOO close to what I have planned, right down to the frenched foglights in the front bumper. It's my background now on my laptop. lol

Was wondering if there were any pics of the finished front bumper (in body color?)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      I know I'm bumping an older thread, but whatever. I found pics of this truck on another webpage, and it's SOOOO close to what I have planned, right down to the frenched foglights in the front bumper. It's my background now on my laptop. lol

Was wondering if there were any pics of the finished front bumper (in body color?)

Thanks!
      your timing is actually eerie. i removed the bumpers on saturday and am finally going to prime/paint them in the coming weeks. i'm going to do some parade laps at circuit of the americas on october 31. there will be professional photographers there that'll snap better pics than i ever could.

Nice to see you still have it, seems like a lot of people just jump from one project to another. I'll keep an eye out.

I recently picked up an 86 S-10 base model, that had been cut for a convertible conversion. I got a second cab with it, so I'm putting a roof back on it, and then it's getting a 6.0L/4L80E out of the donor 2500HD I bought. Other than the fact it'll be getting a roll pan instead of a rear bumper, I plan to leave the outside basically stock, with frenched fogs in the bumper and Corvette wheels (either Argent C5 Z06 wheels, or later Chrome 5 spokes from a late model C6.)

Jay

I am drooling over this truck!! i would like to know what your suspension mods are? Also what rpm are you at while your at highway speeds

thanks guys.

in no particular order, for suspension it's got belltech 2" drop spindles, 550# QA1 coilovers, PST front and rear swaybars, prothane total kit, GTA steering box, zq8 frame brace, C5 13” front brakes, 4th gen f-body rear brakes, ground force 3 in mono leaf # 2010, caltrac-copied traction bars, 1.25" rear lowering blocks/axle set back plates, speedway UCAs, gbodyparts.com LCAs.

got the bumpers painted. after looking at the pics, i think i need to adjust my front bumper.

this saturday i'm driving some parade laps at circuit of the americas. pretty excited to drive on a world class track even though we won't be going very fast.

bitchin truck, great job you did on it!

Quote Originally Posted by RBEAST View Post
      bitchin truck, great job you did on it!
      thank you!

i was going to get to drive a parade lap at circuit of the americas (COTA) back in october, but torrential rain and tornados really messed that place up on halloween.

the rescheduled date was january 23rd. and it was a blast. it was supposed to be 2 or 3 parade laps for 300 drivers. it was a charity event so a % of the proceeds went to somewhere. what started as 2 or 3 parade laps turned into about 10! all for $60!

the parade laps were supposed to be limited to 80 mph around the track, but as the morning went on, no one was too worried about the parade speed limit.

COTA is a beautiful place and a great track. can't say enough good things about it.

same image:

same image:

same image:

same image:

same image:

youtube vids:
      1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlSIaT-cv50
      2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp533zkbgmg

would've gotten more vids but the bluetooth connection was being an ass (probably got interference from 500+ other camera bluetooth interfaces).

Truck looks great and I am happy you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenZq8 View Post
      thank you!

i was going to get to drive a parade lap at circuit of the americas (COTA) back in october, but torrential rain and tornados really messed that place up on halloween.

the rescheduled date was january 23rd. and it was a blast. it was supposed to be 2 or 3 parade laps for 300 drivers. it was a charity event so a % of the proceeds went to somewhere. what started as 2 or 3 parade laps turned into about 10! all for $60!

the parade laps were supposed to be limited to 80 mph around the track, but as the morning went on, no one was too worried about the parade speed limit.

COTA is a beautiful place and a great track. can't say enough good things about it.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

NICE!!! I almost when in the WRX Wagon but just didn't have the time. I also didn't want to spend 60 bucks on parade laps but it sounds like I missed out.
      Click here for my build thread
      Dad's Down and Dirty
      http://www.nerdrods.com
      @NerdRods - Instagram

wow you got to run the full course ! SWEET! you had way too much fun it sounds like lol how did truck feel out there?

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Truck looks great and I am happy you had a good time.
      thank you marty! i wish i never sold those centerline cobras that you sold to me 10+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rat_rod_russell View Post
      NICE!!! I almost when in the WRX Wagon but just didn't have the time. I also didn't want to spend 60 bucks on parade laps but it sounds like I missed out.
      oh man i would've loved to have seen you out there. did you go to brianne corn raceway instead that day?

Quote Originally Posted by RBEAST View Post
      wow you got to run the full course ! SWEET! you had way too much fun it sounds like lol how did truck feel out there?
      overall the truck did very well. it's gratifying to know that the hodgepodge of parts i've thrown into it work very well together. two separate drivers who followed me commented on how impressed they were how quick i was, and not on the straights, but on the corners. it's no miata by any means, but for what it is it does all right.

two issues did arise though. i need to have my T56 rebuilt. towards the end of the laps it was getting very upset at me for asking it to downshift so much. also i need to go wider in the front. i have 8" fronts w/ 245s, i'd like to go w/ 9.5" fronts and 275s. also, not needed, but i'd like to make my 10" rears w/ 305s to 11" and 335s.

my wife would kill me if lips and barrels showed up on the front porch though. transmission first.

Country Flag: Canada
      I really need to strip the good bits off my truck and put them on a 1st gen. I also need to pull the motor and trans out of my firebird and put them in said 1st gen
      Tyson
      '95 Firebird Formula: suspension + 315's
      '66 Mustang Coupe, 289

tyson i need to find your build thread and see how you fit your wheels/tires in the front, adapter size, how much you're lowered, rubbing issues, etc.

first gens are CHEAP. i'm partial to them, but you've got a sharp truck. keep it!

[QUOTE=FirstGenZq8;1173902
      oh man i would've loved to have seen you out there. did you go to brianne corn raceway instead that day?[/QUOTE]

Nope, was working a the shop unfortunately. I will be a the Hatters car show tomorrow though.
      Click here for my build thread
      Dad's Down and Dirty
      http://www.nerdrods.com
      @NerdRods - Instagram

im running a 94 c1500 and i have 335/35/19 on all 4 corners and no rubbing anywhere and ive learned there is no subsistute for tire width when it comes to handling.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com