Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS1 rear disc caliper location

Hey guys I need some help on my LS1 rear disc brake setup for my 69 camaro. Does it matter if the calipers are mounted to the rear? I know if I go by what it says on the brackets then they are mounted to the front side of the rotors. I want to mount these to the rear so I can run the ebrake cable to the original location but want to make sure they will give me the most stopping power and be safe. Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      I installed the LS1 brakes on my Nova. The way I have them installed one is forward and one rearward because of the staggard shocks. I have had no problems with the setup in the 2 years i have had it on. I dont see why you couldnt mount them both to the rear.
      Brian
      -1972 Nova
      -1968 Camaro
      -1990 Iroc Camaro

You just need to swap the calipers side for side so the the LH is on the right side and visa versa, that way the bleed screws are up.

Tobin
      KORE3
      It's what I does.

I relocated the shocks inboard because of the mini tubs so they are not an issue. Thanks for the help.

on my nova wagon i have them at the back.
      if you look at alot of new vehicles you will notice alot that have them toward the rear of the car.like Tobin said just make sure the bleeder screw is atthe top of the caliper.

ls1 rears

get the brp kit that correctly puts the calipers to the front. if not you have one in the front, one in the rear. that might work but it looks kind of strange.

i have them set up like that and for 2 years nobody has noticed unless i tell them, plus the brakes work awsome.
      Brian
      -1972 Nova
      -1968 Camaro
      -1990 Iroc Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hifi875 View Post
      get the brp kit that correctly puts the calipers to the front. if not you have one in the front, one in the rear. that might work but it looks kind of strange.
      That's funny! I have never been able to see both sides of my car at the same time!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com