Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whats the typical cost for a custom interior

I have a 68 chevelle that I am almost down with. The car has a custom dash with a new black dash pad and a new dark grey essex carpet. I also dynamatted it and installed a new package tray. Thats all I have down to the interior. I have a set of new electric bucket seats in the front and the stock back seat and door panels. I would like to get the front seats,back seat,door panels, and headliner done. I would really like the interior to be done in a dark grey pleather with black stitching with some modern design. What do you think is a fair price. I just want to make sure I dont get ripped off.

well it really all depends, to be honest. Have you ever thought of trying it yourself? No bull$hit, im not domestic, but I've found auto interiors arent that hard. If you can get a hold of a sewing machine try doing a few baseball stitches on some cheap fabric. to answer your question though, it will most likely depend on the shop, and whether or not you supply the fabric. Places around here (Chicago South Burbs) were charging between 750 and 1200 for front and rear seats and the door panels in my blazer. If I bought the material it was usually near 500. Generally I don't like to pay for something I can probably do my self. So I bought a couple interior books, got a better heat gun, and an HVLP gun that I could use for adhesive. Ill get some pics tomorrow of my seats to show how they came out.
      Derek
      Derek R.

newest member of www.Pro-NeverGoingToGetOutaTheF'nGarage.com and www.3800lbpaperweight.net

Project Black Sunshine: 1991 S10 Blazer 4x4, converted to AWD. Typhoon Torsion bars, borg warner 4472 transfer case, belltech bar keys...caddy lights, bravada grille, shaved everything. Full custom owner built interior
      more mods come with every dollar saved

thanks

Yeah I would love to see pics. I have though of it. Thats basically the only thing I havent learned how to do. I use to pay for a paint and body work but took some college classes and found out I can took it better than most guys around here. Just because they are sloppy and dont take their time. $700-$1200 was what I was figuring. Where can I buy fabric

I have a 69 Camaro which I'm having the rear seat done to match the front buckets (viper seats) and to do the rear seat is $800. They supply the fabric.

Depends on whats in your area, I know over here we have Hancock Fabrics, JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels...etc. just do a Google search for your area, see whats available, there are also different online suppliers. Good way to do it is to see what local custom shops in your area do. find out who their suppliers are, and go from there.
      Derek
      Derek R.

newest member of www.Pro-NeverGoingToGetOutaTheF'nGarage.com and www.3800lbpaperweight.net

Project Black Sunshine: 1991 S10 Blazer 4x4, converted to AWD. Typhoon Torsion bars, borg warner 4472 transfer case, belltech bar keys...caddy lights, bravada grille, shaved everything. Full custom owner built interior

got some quotes

Well I got some quotes today. One was for $3,000. No way in hell on that one. And the other was for $1600. It seems the new thing is suede inserts. Any other thoughts on that. I am looking at a dark grey pleather with black stitching and maybe some suede inserts.

Country Flag: United States
      Suede looks NICE when first put in.. I'm not sure how it holds up (does it get matted down.. stains, etc)..

I will let you know my quote later this week.. and I am supplying the material. I wish I knew of more good shops around that were not Famose (like Gabes, Magnus, etc).. damn Overhauling is driving up prices by making every think they are stars ;)
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

interior

Steve my next stop was going to be the place you recommended. Try to also check out collins they did the interior in my brothers camaro. They have had a few novas and alot of bugs in magazines. I havent had time to stop by for my quote. My dad sends them alot of new caddys from his work to get leather work done. The place is Collins in Downey.

Leather Not As Expensive As You Think

I run a leather business and sell to the public.My company is Leather Ace Co., Inc. I sell automotive WHOLE HIDE leather hides that you can supply for your upholsterer saving you HUNDREDS of dollars. My Jet Black and Corvette red hides sell the best. Cant beat the quality and the price is 129.95 per hide plus shipping.Compare that to what you would pay for fabric and it isnt a big difference. In stores you will pay 300-500 per hide!! Hides average around 50-55 sq ft each!! I also supply furniture upholstery as well. I own a leather tannery and supply alot of aftermarket companies that sell to the public. Only difference is you are not paying the three to four middleman mark up when you buy from me. Some on this site have bought from me. Ask around. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED.

suede is a beautiful addition to the interior of a ride...but only if its a show car. Unless you plan on using ultraSuede, or StainProof, suede is very hard to upkeep. it can become matted, and dirty, and is usually difficult to clean. It doesn't help any that if you have suede in your interior, people are going to want to touch it, and body oils are almost as bad for suede as water. Think of what would happen with say a suede headliner. And honestly the hardest part about doing your own interior is getting the balls to strip seats to their foam. after that its :icon996:

TooFun: what other colors do you offer? or any other materials, IE types of leather, fabric? that is a great price for a full hide, an I'd like to see what else you offer.
      Derek
      Derek R.

Ive got pleather

I had my 72 Chevelle done about 2 years ago in ?Parchment? (light tan) vinyl that looks like leather.

The price I paid included:
      2 Used Camaro Bucket seats rebuilt, covered, and installed in place of bench. Covered rear seat, package tray, headliner, door panels, rear plastic panels, painted all interior pieces to match, and installed the window felts. All for $1500.

Jsapata

Do you have any pics. Also where did you get it done?

I might be able to find a couple old pics and if your not in a super rush I can take some and post them over the weekend.

It was done in Stockton California
      Emery's Upholstery
      1147 S. Center St
      209-941-4233

Cool

It will be quite a drive but if theyre good and reasonable then I will be up for the drive,.

toofun you have a PM
      Jeff,
      1974 Formula 400
      1976 Trans Am SR71 Blackbird
      2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

If you want a good job, you're going to have to pay someone to do it, IMO. I'm all for doing things myself, but that's where it ends with me. But luckyly for me my parents run an upholstery shop, and have been doing it for over 20 years. I think they're one of the last places in the St. Louis area that even does them anymore.
      Just not much money in them around here, takes a good 2-3 weeks to do a car. For a full car, prices start at about $3,500 and go up. And they're cheap. That would be headliner, carpet, custom door panels (if that's what one wants), seats, trunks....

I don't see a normal sewing machine lasting long doing leather, or other tight fabrics. Real sewing machinse cost around 5k.

I also can't remember the last time they've done a full leather interior. The new sythetic is really hard to beat, for price, feel and durability. No offense to leather though.

I failed to take pictures this weekend and the best I could find going through old ones was of the driver door panel/dash/side of driver seat. Not the best view. I dont know how much of a hurry your in but I will post them this week.

I did my own... might not be as good as professional, but I think it looks pretty nice. Total cost I put in was about... $900-$1000. That included buying all the guages, the roll bar, new seats, belts, carpet, door panels, sound deadener, etc, etc...

Took a whole summer to do... but I wasn't about to shell out the $ to have somebody else do it.

www.geocities.com/boodlefoof/newinterior
      John

Quote Originally Posted by toofun
      I run a leather business and sell to the public.My company is Leather Ace Co., Inc. I sell automotive WHOLE HIDE leather hides that you can supply for your upholsterer saving you HUNDREDS of dollars. My Jet Black and Corvette red hides sell the best. Cant beat the quality and the price is 129.95 per hide plus shipping.Compare that to what you would pay for fabric and it isnt a big difference. In stores you will pay 300-500 per hide!! Hides average around 50-55 sq ft each!! I also supply furniture upholstery as well. I own a leather tannery and supply alot of aftermarket companies that sell to the public. Only difference is you are not paying the three to four middleman mark up when you buy from me. Some on this site have bought from me. Ask around. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED.
      I will have to keep you in mind. I didnt know you worked doing leather. Only $129 for a section that big seems like a good deal. I will have to keep you in mind. That would be nice for when I start doing my door panels to match my 4th gen interior and dash. I tried to PM you but your box is full.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Hey folks...not long after this post was started my digital camera and scanner were both stolen from my home. If its still relevant I can post some pictures still.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com