Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

The two front side windows are cracked/

The two front side windows are cracked/broken in the upper left (drivers side) and upper right (passenger side) as you sit in the car and were not sure why? The cracks look identical and were discovered today. Could racing the car (not at the strip but just playing with it on the street) cause such a thing to happen where the frame may twist affecting the windows or even the doors. It does have full length sub frame connectors.

The car is a 64 ford falcon sprint with a 408 stroker and the thing is a monster with plenty of torque. My mechanic/restorer said he has no doubt this car will break the 10's. Any opinions/help would be greatly appreciated because glass is not cheap. Thank You!

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1003551si2.jpg

jamesfalcon

I would guess torque is twisting the body enough to break the glass. I know the first gen f-body will crack windshields with lots of torque and no chassis strengthening.
      Brad Shepard
      69 Malibu
      Marshall, MO

Shep's on the right track here. What have you done to the chassis. How is the 408 mounted in the car - solid (motor plate) or isolation. What condition is the uni-body in?
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

'73 Dodge Challenger

Country Flag: United States
      Time for the Glasstek side window kit to me

I hear you on that. Now, do you know if the frame

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nilsen
      Time for the Glasstek side window kit to me
      I hear you on that. Now, do you know if the frame becomes permanetly damaged/bent? This is all new to me and I did not ask my mechanic about it this morning. Thanks!

james falcon

Usually it will twist and go back. If twisted repeatedly I would think after a while problems could occur.
      Brad Shepard
      69 Malibu
      Marshall, MO

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com