Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Looking for...

Looking for...

Hello all, Long time lurker, just posting for the first time or so. My true love is G bodies, but I love the Pro-Touring concept period. As far as my own toy of choice and just happens I have one is a Mercury Bobcat wagon. I inherited it when my father passed away a,d I hate to get rid of it just because it's his. Anyway, I'm mainly posting here to ask a question for a buddy.

He has a '67 Camaro and is wanting to run a 17/18" TTII setup. Can anyone tell me what fits? I would like to know widths, backspacing and tire sizes. No it doesn't have mini tubs and it does have Hotchkis dropped leaves in the rear and drop coils in the front. It has Centerline Telstars on it right now (skinnies with the requisite VW skinny tires) and 15x8's with 255/65/15's in the rear.

Now......having said that, buddy number 2 has a '69 Chevelle that is lowered to the make with 17x7's and 225/45's on them. Those fit on the front of the Camaro and turn fine, fit, etc, but the tire is a tad too short. A 245 should fit on there pretty easy right?

As far as the rear goes, how about an 18x8 with a 255/45/18, but what back spacing? He wants to stay with AT LEAST a 27" tall tire in the rear, so that's why I said the 255/55.

Any help would be great guys. Thanks!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com